[Q] Issue installing photonic CM7.2

Search This thread

BLACKDEV1IL

May 11, 2012
Hi all!

I am new in xda-developers but i've been visiting the page for months becuase is really useful. I admire schlund and munjeni for the really good job they are doin in HTC HD mini.
Despite this chort presentation I have a problem installing the NAND-BOOt version.

STEP 1: Installing LK Bootloader & Recovery

(If you have already installed a NAND version, you can skip the haret boot part, but it is very important to flash the new bootloader from lk-photonic-pc.rar!! It contains important changes for wifi calibration!)

1.Download all files for NAND (see downloads)
2.Extract lk-photonic-pc.rar to somewhere on your PC
3.Copy update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-photonic-KANG-signed.zip and the content of lk-photonic-sd.rar archive to the root of your sdcard and run HaRET from your device
4.The device should boot to the fastboot prompt. Connect the USB cable
5.If your connecting your phone for the first time to your pc you have to install drivers from the folder you have just extracted.(See also here) You can see it in your windows notification bar if you were sucessful. Be sure to have already run haret and already being in fastboot console on the device when installing drivers! If you are sill having problems to connect to the device via fastboot try installing HTC Sync (from htc website)
6.Enter the Fastboot-folder on your pc (the one you have extracted) and run bootloader.bat
7.The device should reboot now, when white "HTC" Bootscreen appears press "Volume down" and hold it until you have entered fastboot console again. If you have been too slow plug-out/in the battery and try again
8.Run recovery.bat on your host pc
9.Device should reboot again, now on HTC Bootscreen press and hold "Volume up" until you have entered CWM Recovery

I have no problems until the 9th point ( in bold). When I press "Volume up", it appears FASTBOOT and 3 errors:

ENTERING RECOVERY MODE
1.flash_read:image: failed (319 errors)
2.ERROR: Cannot read recovery header flash_read_image: failed (5120 errors)
3.ERROR: Could not do normal boot.Reverting to fastboot mode.

Finally says, ENTERING FASTBOOT MODE udc_start ().

I don't know where the problem is, I think I 've donde all the steps properly. Please help me, at the moment I can't use the phone :confused:

Thanks all, keep going Schlund and munjeni you are doing very well:)

PD: I am trying to install photonic CM7.2 in my HTC HD mini

Last edited:

adnannn81

Nov 10, 2010
(If you have already installed a NAND version, you can skip the haret boot part, but it is very important to flash the new bootloader from lk-photonic-pc.rar!! It contains important changes for wifi calibration!)
Download all files for NAND (see downloads)
Extract lk-photonic-pc.rar to somewhere on your PC
Copy update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-photonic-KANG-signed.zip and the content of lk-photonic-sd.rar archive to the root of your sdcard and run HaRET from your device
The device should boot to the fastboot prompt. Connect the USB cable
If your connecting your phone for the first time to your pc you have to install drivers from the folder you have just extracted. You can see it in your windows notification bar if you were sucessful. Be sure to have already run haret and already being in fastboot console on the device when installing drivers! If you are sill having problems to connect to the device via fastboot try installing HTC Sync (from htc website)
Enter the Fastboot-folder on your pc (the one you have extracted) and run bootloader.bat
The device should reboot now, when white "HTC" Bootscreen appears press "Volume down" and hold it until you have entered fastboot console again. If you have been too slow plug-out/in the battery and try again
Run recovery.bat on your host pc
Device should reboot again, now on HTC Bootscreen press and hold "Volume up" until you have entered CWM Recovery

STEP 2: Installing the build
(Once entered CWM Recovery you can control the menu with vol-up and down buttons, power button=enter)
First, go to "mounts and storage"-menu and Unmount any partitions that can be unmounted (most likely, cache)
Next, in "mounts and storage"-menu, format System, Data, Cache and Boot partitions
Next, go to recovery main menu and select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sd card
Choose the update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-photonic-KANG-signed.zip
Once done select reboot system now
Get some coffee and wait for the device to finish the first boot
Hopefully your are done now and should see the setup wizard!
Feel free to remove any of the files from SD-Card now, they are not needed anymore
When having problems with the drivers
To install the Android USB driver on Windows 7 for the first time:
Connect your device to your computer's USB port.
Right-click on Computer from your desktop or Windows Explorer, and select Manage.
Select Devices in the left pane.
Locate and expand Other device in the right pane.
Right-click the device name and select Update Driver Software. This will launch the Hardware Update Wizard.
Select Browse my computer for driver software and click Next.
Click Browse and locate the USB driver folder.
Click Next to install the driver.

To install the Android USB driver on Windows XP for the first time:
Connect your device to your computer's USB port. Windows will detect the device and launch the Hardware Update Wizard.
Select Install from a list or specific location and click Next.
Select Search for the best driver in these locations; un-check Search removable media; and check Include this location in the search.

Reactions: rigo007

Bovaboy

May 16, 2012
Hi Adnann81,

I'm having the same problem and can't see how your post helps? I get the same errors when running Harat and simply can't get any further. I'm stuck on:

mine simply doesn't boot to fastboot, just shows the errors.

any clues?

georgedr72

Jul 23, 2008
Hi Adnann81,

I'm having the same problem and can't see how your post helps? I get the same errors when running Harat and simply can't get any further. I'm stuck on:
mine simply doesn't boot to fastboot, just shows the errors.
any clues?

Hi, I have the same problem in this moment. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1625638&page=81
How you managed this ? You recover your phone back ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download all files for NAND (see downloads)
    Extract lk-photonic-pc.rar to somewhere on your PC
    Copy update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-photonic-KANG-signed.zip and the content of lk-photonic-sd.rar archive to the root of your sdcard and run HaRET from your device
    If your connecting your phone for the first time to your pc you have to install drivers from the folder you have just extracted. You can see it in your windows notification bar if you were sucessful. Be sure to have already run haret and already being in fastboot console on the device when installing drivers! If you are sill having problems to connect to the device via fastboot try installing HTC Sync (from htc website)
    Enter the Fastboot-folder on your pc (the one you have extracted) and run bootloader.bat
    The device should reboot now, when white "HTC" Bootscreen appears press "Volume down" and hold it until you have entered fastboot console again. If you have been too slow plug-out/in the battery and try again
    Run recovery.bat on your host pc
    Device should reboot again, now on HTC Bootscreen press and hold "Volume up" until you have entered CWM Recovery

STEP 2: Installing the build
    (Once entered CWM Recovery you can control the menu with vol-up and down buttons, power button=enter)
    First, go to "mounts and storage"-menu and Unmount any partitions that can be unmounted (most likely, cache)
    Next, in "mounts and storage"-menu, format System, Data, Cache and Boot partitions
    Next, go to recovery main menu and select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sd card
    Choose the update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-photonic-KANG-signed.zip
    Once done select reboot system now
    Get some coffee and wait for the device to finish the first boot
    Hopefully your are done now and should see the setup wizard!
    Feel free to remove any of the files from SD-Card now, they are not needed anymore
    When having problems with the drivers
    To install the Android USB driver on Windows 7 for the first time:
    Connect your device to your computer's USB port.
    Right-click on Computer from your desktop or Windows Explorer, and select Manage.
    Select Devices in the left pane.
    Locate and expand Other device in the right pane.
    Right-click the device name and select Update Driver Software. This will launch the Hardware Update Wizard.
    Select Browse my computer for driver software and click Next.

To install the Android USB driver on Windows XP for the first time:
    Connect your device to your computer's USB port. Windows will detect the device and launch the Hardware Update Wizard.
    Select Install from a list or specific location and click Next.
    Select Search for the best driver in these locations; un-check Search removable media; and check Include this location in the search.