Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 52,398 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bug in audio drivers? (FW 12070)

Tip us?

knave
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Anyone tried playing music with headphones, ringer on, and someone calls you?
The playback volume of your ringtone will jump a notch for 2 secs before it returned back to your normal volume.

Be careful when you try this! Dun damage your ears.
iPAQ 6828 -> Diamond -> iPhone3GS -> Mozart -> Lumia800 -> OneX

_Madmatt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by knave View Post
Anyone tried playing music with headphones, ringer on, and someone calls you?
The playback volume of your ringtone will jump a notch for 2 secs before it returned back to your normal volume.

Be careful when you try this! Dun damage your ears.
Yes, this is another bug in the audio. There are (at least) two bugs in there.
Windows Phone proves that you can make an original and innovative OS without copying Apple. Something Google didn't manage to do.

NOKIA Lumia 920 | OS: WP8 Apollo (8.0.9903.10)
NOKIA Lumia 800 | OS: WP7.5 Mango (7.10.8773.98)
HTC 7 Mozart
HTC HD Mini (sold)

knave
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I had another weird bug today.

Was playing music with headset on, and navigating with the gMap Pro. As you can imagine, the phone gets a bit hot with all that processing. Just then I decided to make a call and unplug the ear phones.

I managed to make the call but the ear piece is very soft despite volume at max 10. So thinking its a call issue, I ended the call and retried. Same problem. Rebooted the phone this time and tried. No go...

After like 20mins, I tried again and this time it works loud and clear. I'm thinking if the speaker somehow couldn't output in correct volume when it's hot?
iPAQ 6828 -> Diamond -> iPhone3GS -> Mozart -> Lumia800 -> OneX

Marvin_S
Old
(Last edited by Marvin_S; 21st April 2012 at 09:46 PM.)
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 240

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Madmatt View Post
It is however weird indeed. They really messed up the audio drivers... We have the volume bug and the phone completely freezing... What's next?
Yeah indeed.

I thought I was the only one, but my IE9 keeps crashing constantly and the Phone freezes up a lot. The 710 does not do this (as far as I could test it)
Nor did the Omnia7 ever do this.

The video drivers are bad (stuttery video) and now I could measure the audio performance (and having 25% more latency), touch screen jittering etc. I really wonder why they messed up on the 800 but did fine on the 710. The 800 is the flagship in Europe why is it not being prioritized?

Anyway there are enough rumours of a new update coming up so hopefully that one will not just deal with the camera but also update the video, audio and radio drivers (to reduce rapid battery drains on bad 3G signal).

Its an amazingly nice device, sadly has quite some bugs its like we are the beta testers for the 900 actually .
Developer of:

Texas Hold'Em Poker Odds (FREE) Improve your chances with this poker odds calculator for Windows Phone!

Achtung! (FREE) for Windows Phone now available!
The first Achtung Die Kurve inspired game with intelligent A.I. for Windows Phone.

Sunrazor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same thing here. Lumia 800 locks up while playing music in Zune. Doesn't happen often but still annoying. I think Microsoft beleives this happens only on HTC devices according to their forums but it doesn't.
Tags
audio bug, freezes, lumia