Tip us?

strapped365
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2804

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
ok still trying to play with this thing, even if i am on an ics rom, i can not seem to get ics to boot. hangs at htc screen.

however i did get coredroidmod v6.6 to boot up without issues. can add that to the list of working roms.
CoreDroidMod v6.6 is listed in the second post now. Thanks

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Kirby Baker
Old
(Last edited by Kirby Baker; 14th June 2012 at 05:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks for this thread! Just installed the Boot Manager app and tried to install CoreDroid and MIUI, both using ext4 partitions, and it failed on each one. Now doing it again with ext2 and MIUI appears to be installing.

*update* Had issues getting any installed ROM to boot, they would hang at the white HTC screen. I double checked the settings again, and somehow the force large boot.img selection had cleared itself. Selected it again and restarted Boot Manager to confirm the setting stuck this time, and now I can boot into an SD ROM!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kirby Baker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

strapped365
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2804

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby Baker View Post
Thanks for this thread! Just installed the Boot Manager app and tried to install CoreDroid and MIUI, both using ext4 partitions, and it failed on each one. Now doing it again with ext2 and MIUI appears to be installing.

*update* Had issues getting any installed ROM to boot, they would hang at the white HTC screen. I double checked the settings again, and somehow the force large boot.img selection had cleared itself. Selected it again and restarted Boot Manager to confirm the setting stuck this time, and now I can boot into an SD ROM!
Thanks for the post I added flash all ROMS as EXT2 to the op in step 9. I thought it was in there but I had missed that. Anyways its there now

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

hamagc
Old
(Last edited by hamagc; 19th June 2012 at 05:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 61
lol tried to get our sense 4 rom to boot using this but was not able to. every time i get a boot.img build error, almost right off the bat. almost 4gb on card, will try clearing some more space. this would make working on this so much easier!

Edit, turning off large boot img, I can get it to flash but not boot. White htc screen :(
Model: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: changing all the time right now

strapped365
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2804

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
lol tried to get our sense 4 rom to boot using this but was not able to. every time i get a boot.img build error, almost right off the bat. almost 4gb on card, will try clearing some more space. this would make working on this so much easier!
Well even if you got the ROM to flash to the SD I don't think you could push or pull or logcat or any of the major functions. Notice when in an sd ROM the stock Disk Drive selctions still pop up but don't work. I think its the same thing

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA

hamagc
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by strapped365 View Post
Well even if you got the ROM to flash to the SD I don't think you could push or pull or logcat or any of the major functions. Notice when in an sd ROM the stock Disk Drive selctions still pop up but don't work. I think its the same thing

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA
had to test to be sure, booted coredroidmod and while booting accessed adb without issue including logcat, same with after it booted.

however i can not seem to get the sd to mount as you said. even using the build in options to mount sd card via bootmanager are not working.
Model: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: changing all the time right now

sparksco
Old
(Last edited by sparksco; 15th July 2012 at 07:30 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7621

DONATE TO ME
Nice write-up! Some things I did notice is that my system size is acually 495mb's total and not 488mb's and cache is 149mb's and not 150mb's. Not sure that it makes that much of a difference but thought I would point that out, thanks again!
HTC G1: Bricked
HTC G1 #2: Broke
HTC Evo Shift 4G: Active
ASUS Nexus 7: Active
LGE Nexus 4: Active

2-step unroot back to stock 2.3.4 from s-off-Evo Shift 4G
My Work-Evo Shift 4G

Lead Developer of SaberMod
Nexus 4 SaberMod
Nexus 7 SaberMod
Nexus 7 3G SaberMod
Nexus 10 SaberMod

If I've helped you in any way shape or form please hit the thanks button

sparksco
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7621

DONATE TO ME
Everything is running great so far. One quick question, can I install custom kernels on the roms that are booted from my sdcard or will it install them to the system rom?
HTC G1: Bricked
HTC G1 #2: Broke
HTC Evo Shift 4G: Active
ASUS Nexus 7: Active
LGE Nexus 4: Active

2-step unroot back to stock 2.3.4 from s-off-Evo Shift 4G
My Work-Evo Shift 4G

Lead Developer of SaberMod
Nexus 4 SaberMod
Nexus 7 SaberMod
Nexus 7 3G SaberMod
Nexus 10 SaberMod

If I've helped you in any way shape or form please hit the thanks button

strapped365
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2804

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksco View Post
Everything is running great so far. One quick question, can I install custom kernels on the roms that are booted from my sdcard or will it install them to the system rom?
Eh that would be a stab in the dark man to be honest lol. Also the values I instructed to apply was the values I got when I ran the same command you did, so maybe I had some junk in my system. Rounding the values up is better than having them to small. Like system is set to small by a few mb, and later I'm going to update the op to have users try the settings with the new system size. Having the partitions to small is where issues come, to big is no issue. Also init2winit suggested the values that I have posted based of my output of commands, but no one else spent the time getting it figured, now we just tweak it

Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G Slide running MikXE
The Following User Says Thank You to strapped365 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kirby Baker
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by strapped365 View Post
Eh that would be a stab in the dark man to be honest lol. Also the values I instructed to apply was the values I got when I ran the same command you did, so maybe I had some junk in my system. Rounding the values up is better than having them to small. Like system is set to small by a few mb, and later I'm going to update the op to have users try the settings with the new system size. Having the partitions to small is where issues come, to big is no issue. Also init2winit suggested the values that I have posted based of my output of commands, but no one else spent the time getting it figured, now we just tweak it

Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G Slide running MikXE
Just commenting on the mount sizes, mine are:

/system = 495.8 mb
/data = 430 mb
/cache = 152 mb

Going to guess there is a lot of variation out there...