5,604,122 Members 48,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Revert to Stock OS without SD Card

Tip us?

votinh
Old
Thanks Meter 414
LOL , after using NC for almost a year, I still find something to love the NC even more
It is awesome.
Official CM10.1 Nightly @ 1000MHz NOOKcolor
Offiical CM11 KK Nightly on Kindle Fire 1st-Gen
Rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.9" w/ Nova Launcher
Virgin JB 4.3 on Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Stock ROM KK 4.4.2 on LG-D800

Virgin Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 - LOST
Slimbean 8.1 on Galaxy S2 i777 - LOST

squarehdca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default still trying

Am I doing this wrong?
Do I try the three finger wipe when the cyanogen(mod) symbol comes up or when the cyanogen(mod) 7 animated logo starts? All I wanted is access to Android apps( being from Canada).
Tried more than 8 times at the first symbol, but it comes up but the text ....Booting into recovery... Am I too quick on the trigger? Please excuse the old fart with big fingers. Thanks for any replies.

Harrybub
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarehdca View Post
Am I doing this wrong?
Do I try the three finger wipe when the cyanogen(mod) symbol comes up or when the cyanogen(mod) 7 animated logo starts? All I wanted is access to Android apps( being from Canada).
Tried more than 8 times at the first symbol, but it comes up but the text ....Booting into recovery... Am I too quick on the trigger? Please excuse the old fart with big fingers. Thanks for any replies.
Start with the Nook completely powered off.

Press and hold the Pwr. button, the Vol. + button, and the n button until you see the screen flash.

Release all buttons for 1 sec then press and hold only the Pwr. button until the Nook powers down. (Backlight off) This works best in dim lighting.

Do it again.

Do it 8 times in a row and the next time it will install the image stored internally and you will be back to what it came out of the box with.

If you goof up the timing and it starts to boot up you will have to power it down again and start over at count one.

I have done this several timems on 2 different Nooks and it always works.

Oh and stop with the old fart stuff. I'm 60.
The Following User Says Thank You to Harrybub For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kontam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This was extremely helpful when for some reason it wasn't letting me restore the device in the first place. I really should've known about this but I appreciate it greatly and it is pretty great that it works so easily.

brsingr
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrybub View Post
Start with the Nook completely powered off.

Press and hold the Pwr. button, the Vol. + button, and the n button until you see the screen flash.

Release all buttons for 1 sec then press and hold only the Pwr. button until the Nook powers down. (Backlight off) This works best in dim lighting.

Do it again.

Do it 8 times in a row and the next time it will install the image stored internally and you will be back to what it came out of the box with.

If you goof up the timing and it starts to boot up you will have to power it down again and start over at count one.

I have done this several timems on 2 different Nooks and it always works.

Oh and stop with the old fart stuff. I'm 60.
So what your saying is that I can restore my NC back to stock even if I've installed CM7 directly to the emmc, using the 3 fingered "salute" boot? I think I did something like this months ago, but my NC has been on the full android for so long now, I want to return it to B&N stock seeing as I have an android phone now...and maybe start over again.

Sent from my R800x using XDA

Harrybub
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brsingr View Post
So what your saying is that I can restore my NC back to stock even if I've installed CM7 directly to the emmc, using the 3 fingered "salute" boot? I think I did something like this months ago, but my NC has been on the full android for so long now, I want to return it to B&N stock seeing as I have an android phone now...and maybe start over again.

Sent from my R800x using XDA
I've never tried it in that exact situation but I think the answer is yes...

Lakland
Old
Thanks Meter 26
i tried this and after the 3rd attempt, the Rom manager menu appears and now i am on a rom menu loop, I hit reboot, the cyanogen logo appears and then the ROM manager menu!

not good!

I boot using sd card that was formatted with CM7.2 and works fine.

help please!

thanks!

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3406

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakland View Post
i tried this and after the 3rd attempt, the Rom manager menu appears and now i am on a rom menu loop, I hit reboot, the cyanogen logo appears and then the ROM manager menu!

not good!

I boot using sd card that was formatted with CM7.2 and works fine.

help please!

thanks!
I think you mean the Clockworkmod menu, not ROM Manager. If you are in a recovery bootloop, which it sounds like you are, go to my tips thread linked in my signature and look at item A8. Follow what it says and it may get out of it.
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here

The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]