Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,262 Members 44,226 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][2.3.6] AEON v1.4SL STABILITY AT ITS FINEST

Tip us?

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 24175
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfau View Post
Funny thing is I have had only one SOD since I started AEON. I haven't had another one since. Interesting.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybirdkp View Post
I only get SOD when I have different wallpaper for my lockscreen set. If I set that to none I seem fine. I know it seems too simple but it worked for me. It seems to happen only when the phone gets a phone call or message while it's "sleeping" so I assumed that when it tried to "wake up" to display call or message it got stuck trying to display the unlock screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiomkid View Post
I haven't had any Sod's since 1.4 release..... Odd everyone is having the SOD issue all over again.
Very Odd and Interesting for you ROM makers/Dev......

I just don't understand, beyond me on this SOD issues, but first time heard on the wallpaper..., not saying it doesnt happen with wallpaper but that is different...you have bigfau thinking....

And I am in the same boat, I can count prob 4 SOD's in the two years I have had my phone, 2 probable due to alcohol in my case, and 1, I wanna say I had the SOD not my phone, my neighbor had some Mex Moonshine which is great just cuz he is my neighbor....so I don't have far to stumble.....(but he is not Mex?)...guess they call it that Mex Moonshine....since we are close to the border, but a shot of that.... dammm , thought I was drinking gas & paint thinner combined, all I remember fall into my bed, like it was slow motion, just like that **** you see on tv/movies, and of course the wife LOL at me .....**** sorry off topic.

I can say I have never had SOD running Aeon or NumasX (god rest his soul)....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cmoRe-_-
Old
Thanks Meter 117
So I was going through the APN settings and it would not switch to WAP ATT . So after looking at it the last line that says "APN type - mms,supl " when before it said "internet + mms" so I made new APN with everything the same except APN type and now it stays. I don't know if anyone else has had this or can confirm if its me. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cmoRe-_- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
Thanks Meter 24175
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoRe-_- View Post
So I was going through the APN settings and it would not switch to WAP ATT . So after looking at it the last line that says "APN type - mms,supl " when before it said "internet + mms" so I made new APN with everything the same except APN type and now it stays. I don't know if anyone else has had this or can confirm if its me. Thanks
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA
I usually just hit the reset to default apn, and it takes the two listed and gives me just one apn, I don't mess with the individual settings but it is good for me...

I do use the apn manager via the market I can back/restore apn's, so when I test/run other ROMs, that I have had apn issues...I just keep a folder on my ext sd with apn backups and when I have a ROM that cant or wont let me reset to default, i install apn manager then copy my backup apn from ext sd, hit restore via the apn manager app...GTG, but you have to do a back of the current apn using the app, it will put a folder on your inter sd, then you over ride it with the backup apn that you know worked and hit restore via the app...GTG...but for GB only ROMs I have notice this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oldbbman
Old
Thanks Meter 2352
No sod's with my Aeon!

Damn those SOD's! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Used to be SOB's now its SOD's
did I miss the SOC's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
Nexus 5.....upndwn4par/Graviton N5 v2.7
Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T217A......cstayton/ V1.0.0 Beta

XDA IS a place to come to learn and share your knowledge. If you are not here for those reasons then you are here for the wrong ones....zelendel
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oldbbman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
Thanks Meter 24175
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbbman View Post
No sod's with my Aeon!
Damn those SOD's! :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Used to be SOB's now its SOD's
did I miss the SOC's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
Yes I Do...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RoryB
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 679

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankmorph View Post
I have daily SODs since updating to 1.4 and using the Xperia launcher. None on 1.3 with FTL.
I am using Xperia launcher, I'll keep this in mind if SOD comes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbusa View Post
Are you guys with the sod's under volted any? I haven't had any sod, but I noticed on 1.3.1 that I get better battery life without it(undervolting) for some reason.. So, on 1.4 I haven't touched the voltage settings, and I have no sod's. Could this be related?
Last time I heard about sod's was on froyo when oc kernel just came out and people were using extreme uv settings
I have not touched OC or UV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybirdkp View Post
I only get SOD when I have different wallpaper for my lockscreen set. If I set that to none I seem fine. I know it seems too simple but it worked for me. It seems to happen only when the phone gets a phone call or message while it's "sleeping" so I assumed that when it tried to "wake up" to display call or message it got stuck trying to display the unlock screen.
I have a different lock screen wallpaper. I'll test this if I start getting SODs.

I have not had SOD during any calls. It usually seems to be after a long sleep in my pocket. I pull it out and press the power button and nothing. Sometimes a long press gets me into reboot, but other times I have had to pull the battery. I do not get any notifications of missed calls or messages so I do not think it is the same for me.
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III running Quantum.4
Read About Me to see what I am working on & following like CHTS, Reminder and AppTask widgets, and CHT basic function tweaks. Also, Fixed CHT restarting when you have no tasks.
Mortscript | iniEditor | regEditor| MortScripts to toggle settings
Samsung Infuse 4G drowned. If you have one check out Scott's CM10 or CM10PA Firmware
ATT Fuze (HTC RAPH110) with Energy ROM: Energy.RAPHAEL.29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jul.06
HTC Wizard|See about me for my ROM collection and other work
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RoryB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hardslog
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1201

DONATE TO ME
The only SOD's I seem to have (and this happens on more than this ROM) is sometimes when I plug my phone into my car charger, but its more like the phone freezing and then when I turn the screen off, I can't turn it on until I do a battery pull. That could be a problem with my SODding charger though . I think it happens when I'm a little eager an try to connect my bluetooth to it right before I plug it in though. Again. Maybe happens one out of every 10 times...........
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hardslog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crt60
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2827

DONATE TO ME
Bringing up the wallpaper issue and SOD's, the SOD happens because the lockscreen becomes unresponsive, so the problem could be what lockscreen you use, so what lockscreen are you all using?

---------------------
Follow us on Twitter @CollectiveDevs
Visit us at The Collective Web
Or check us out on Facebook
Currently Have
Captivate - AoCP 7
Skyrocket - AoCP 7
Galaxy S4 - AoCP 7
Blackjack II - Windows mobile 6.1
Star Trek - running Windows mobile 6.1 Nerose

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crt60 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xDa.Fun
Old
(Last edited by xDa.Fun; 15th June 2012 at 03:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 803

DONATE TO ME
Enough on SOD :banghead:
There should be a separate thread titled "When i get SOD"

Aeon means SOL- Screen of Life
My Device : Android JB 4.2.2
God loves Fun

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xDa.Fun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cversion7
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by crt60 View Post
Bringing up the wallpaper issue and SOD's, the SOD happens because the lockscreen becomes unresponsive, so the problem could be what lockscreen you use, so what lockscreen are you all using?
I got two SOD's yesterday. I'm using the rotary lock. I tried going to Settings > Display > Home Screen Wallpaper and set it to None. There was still a wallpaper showing and when I rebooted the phone, it would boot to the lockscreen for a bit then go to the Google Gears and keep repeating. I removed my external SD card, got it to boot. Fixed the wallpaper back to normal, reinserted my SD card and things seem okay for now. I think I will try a different lock screen to see if your idea works for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cversion7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]