Unable To Turn on Wi-Fi

28th April 2012, 10:53 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 13

66 posts
Sorry you are correct that command only works in adb do this instead of the above command

mount -o remount,rw /system

then when you are done do this instead of the other read only command

mount -o remount,r /system
28th April 2012, 11:54 PM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Elizondo

Sorry you are correct that command only works in adb do this instead of the above command

mount -o remount,rw /system

then when you are done do this instead of the other read only command

mount -o remount,r /system

Thanks I will try it, but I'm becoming more convinced this is a hardware issue.

I was on the phone today and the phone froze and I had to pull the battery. When I restarted the phone Wi-Fi was working for the first time in a week. While it was working I checked that file and it said the same exact thing. The phone then froze again (I think it was my fault because in the excitement of having Wi-Fi again I tried to update all of my apps and other things I can't do on the crappy 2g data I have at home) when I turned it back on Wi-Fi was no longer working.

So now I'm thinking that this has to be hardware. I will give your method a try.
29th April 2012, 12:35 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 13

66 posts
Yea I think you are correct especially since you tried different roms. If you have warranty just unroot it and return it else keep posting here about the status and a will find a work around eventually

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
16th June 2012, 02:15 AM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
Well I finally switched back to ilwt and my wifi isn't working all of the time but it has worked for a few hours each day since I flashed it. Whereas on andromadus it didn't work at all for two months. Still haven't figured out what happened but at least I get to keep my G2. Although I'll probably move on the first time they put the note on sale later this year. Thanks aeliizondo for trying to help me!

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread