[ROM][PORT] MIUI v4 for I777 [2.7.6] [4.0.3] - NFC Support

Search This thread

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
The kernel I package with this is another kernel I made just for MIUI. I would guess you are getting less battery life due to the battery getting older or it is just all the cool stuff MIUI adds every week:D. Just an FYI, these batteries dont have much a life as a whole. With all the development I do, my phone is plugged into the USB almost all the time so I have completely worn out the cells in the upper 10-15% of the battery. When on battery, I loose about 10% in about the first half hour or so then goes back to normal. Take it for what it is worth.

I hate to say it, but battery life did get noticeably worse between 5.18 and 6.1

I never got to try 6.8 but I did ship my phone with it :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

dev997

Jan 27, 2011
Irvine
Changing DPI setting

Is it possible to change the DPI setting from build.prop pr any other app for MIUI ?
I tried changing it thru build.prop and when rebooted , the default MIUI launcher stopped responding.

Thanks !!

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Is it possible to change the DPI setting from build.prop pr any other app for MIUI ?
I tried changing it thru build.prop and when rebooted , the default MIUI launcher stopped responding.

Thanks !!

build.prop is the place to do it, so if it wont boot after change I would say dont do it. Make sure you set proper permissions back after.

trialsrider1

Account currently disabled
Nov 10, 2010
GB
Changed mine two days ago and had to full wipe as well. Miuihome was fcing.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

alissa7

Aug 10, 2010
Louisiana
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6
Any hints on saving memory usage? I've just come from GB Miui and while I know ICS probably requires more to function, I still can't keep enough available and have multiple lock ups. It seems like even if I close out of a program, it keeps it in memory forever. :(

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Any hints on saving memory usage? I've just come from GB Miui and while I know ICS probably requires more to function, I still can't keep enough available and have multiple lock ups. It seems like even if I close out of a program, it keeps it in memory forever. :(

Not really, maybe someone else can comment on something they found. But unfortunately ifs the nature of the beast with Touchwiz based ROM's. There are so many circular dependancies that it is hard to get rid of apps that are hogging memory.

Reactions: alissa7

cjsabaki

Dec 24, 2010
TEXAS Ya'al!
Easiest memory helper, turn off the " keep in memory " setting and icon shadow in the launcher settings!

MIUI home launcher is a pig! :cool:

See if that helps any, I am showing 380mb used and 453mb free when I look at my running apps list.

stevehkim

Oct 29, 2011
Or you can freeze miui launcher and use a different one. Im using adw ex and mine hovvers around 320-340 mb. On my second rom miui.

Ported VK w/ bad ass Jkay.
Siyah synthetics and K-tuned for maximum performance.

n1nj4dude

May 7, 2011
i think i maybe switching back to an earlier version than the last couple.. battery life has gotten way worse since about the last 5 or so.. it kills me that my phone dies in less than 5 hours with minimal use.

wshing

Nov 24, 2010
n1nja4dude you should get better battery stats and see what is draining your battery. 2.6.8 has been better than most of the may builds for me.

Reactions: n1nj4dude
Jun 12, 2012
n1nja4dude today was my first day using juice defender and I was on my phone quite a bit. Needless to say I'm happy with the battery life try it out.

uploadfromtaptalk1339831537481.jpg

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
Just want to throw this out there, feel free to PM me any noob questions you may have without fear of reprisal. I know what it feels like to be a noob, I'm a noob with this one X!

I do miss you guys! Steve, stay in touch man!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

n1nj4dude

May 7, 2011
i have a small problem.. i was changing my icon theme in the theme manager and it froze. so i held in the power button until it restarted. then it froze on the miui logo.
i flashed different kernels (i thought it mighta been something with the siyah kernel cause i had JUST flashed it prior to) then i tried reflashing the latest miui build... still no help..

if anyone has any ideas? i would preferably like to keep from having to format but i guess if all fails its my last option. so any other advice would be appreciated

edit side notes:
the last thing i did before it froze was changing icon themes in the theme manager just as a side note.
it gets stuck at the miui logo and wont boot past it

Last edited:

stevehkim

Oct 29, 2011
Ninj4 sounds like a corrupt file somewhere. You may have to re download and flash again brotha. You dont have a nandroid of a previous version of miui?

Skatin sad to see you go. Im sure ill be seeing you in the near future. Maybe sgs3?? Gonna hold on to my 2 for a little while longer. Hows that one x treating ya? I hear some good chit!

Ported VK w/ bad ass Jkay.
Siyah synthetics and K-tuned for maximum performance.

n1nj4dude

May 7, 2011
Ninj4 sounds like a corrupt file somewhere. You may have to re download and flash again brotha. You dont have a nandroid of a previous version of miui?

not a recenty one. and really the only thing i care to keep backed up are my texts.

im going to try installing a previous version and see if that does anything.

edit: nope

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts