Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,115 Members 51,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Alcatel OT-995 a.k.a Ultra or Sapphire HD

Tip us?

tcmixx
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Hey, I'm getting a white noise picture sometimes when I unlock the phone. Its there for like a half a second then it disappears. Anyone getting this as well?

(Its like the picture but not that colorful.)

fonix232
Old
Thanks Meter 363

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmixx View Post
Hey, I'm getting a white noise picture sometimes when I unlock the phone. Its there for like a half a second then it disappears. Anyone getting this as well?
[ IMG ]
(Its like the picture but not that colorful.)

It is caused by the wrong EGL libs, hopefully fixed in the ICS release. With that, or with other EGL files, it can be fixed.
If you like my work, invite me for a drink or two!

Devices:
  • Alcatel OT-995
  • Nokia Lumia 520

tcmixx
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Okey, so it has nothing to do with the phone? I don't need to use the warranty?

depsy89
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerain28 View Post
Source code for OT-995 is now available here.
can anyone tell me what this source code is for?

i contacted alcatel recently and they said ics is coming to the unit but it's possible not all phones will get the update..my question is, how can we upgrade to ics if they dont release it on all 995 units? is that still possible to change to ics?

iuss
Old
Thanks Meter 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by depsy89 View Post
can anyone tell me what this source code is for?
The Linux kernel.

Quote:
i contacted alcatel recently and they said ics is coming to the unit but it's possible not all phones will get the update..my question is, how can we upgrade to ics if they dont release it on all 995 units? is that still possible to change to ics?
Perhaps using a community-released firmware upgrade (I despise the word ROM). Quite odd for them not to release it for all regions though..

qltsar
Old
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iuss View Post
The Linux kernel.

Perhaps using a community-released firmware upgrade (I despise the word ROM). Quite odd for them not to release it for all regions though..
It can be possible if it's works like the same as OT-990. We solved that problem at here for OT-990 users who didn't get the official Gingerbread update.

It's a little bit tricky, but it works like a charm !

fonix232
Old
(Last edited by fonix232; 18th June 2012 at 10:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 363

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmixx View Post
Okey, so it has nothing to do with the phone? I don't need to use the warranty?
It happens with most of the people, but it is clearly a software fault. You might try swapping it on warranty, but there is no meaning as the problem will appear again. Best to try is to install CF3D, and enable the Adreno plugin. That way you gain the same speed, and half-proper drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuss View Post
I think Alcatel meant that not all units, not all country will receive the ICS update in the first wave. While Portugal, etc, are in it (Portugal getting it in a month), Hungary is said to be getting it by September.

EDIT:

So, I'm holding the phone in my hands. And I'm totally like, WHAT THE CR*P? How can they solve such an easy task so badly? Why is there any need for custpack? It's just stupid!
If you like my work, invite me for a drink or two!

Devices:
  • Alcatel OT-995
  • Nokia Lumia 520
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fonix232 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fcsabika
Old
Thanks Meter 16
fonix232:
I see you are a "best-buyer" like me
I have OT-995 too, ordered the U30GT too, and Ainol Elf but you don't have it but I have seen you in slatedroid's Ainol forum, and I am hungarian too
I'm waiting for your ROM for OT-995 and will use your Evolution ROM for U30GT

qltsar
Old
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonix232 View Post
It happens with most of the people, but it is clearly a software fault. You might try swapping it on warranty, but there is no meaning as the problem will appear again. Best to try is to install CF3D, and enable the Adreno plugin. That way you gain the same speed, and half-proper drivers.

I think Alcatel meant that not all units, not all country will receive the ICS update in the first wave. While Portugal, etc, are in it (Portugal getting it in a month), Hungary is said to be getting it by September.

EDIT:

So, I'm holding the phone in my hands. And I'm totally like, WHAT THE CR*P? How can they solve such an easy task so badly? Why is there any need for custpack? It's just stupid!
This is a "standard" solution for Alcatel phones ! JRD Communications Ltd. inventeded that !

tumaini418
Old
Thanks Meter 187
SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse_ALCAPWN_OT-995 worked a charm frst try with no problems. Thanks

In a couple of hours I'm gonna try to super v-6 on it. I'll post to let you all know how it go's.

Tags
ot-995, ot995