Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,270 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INFO] Centralize Galaxy Tab P1000L/P1000N Development

Tip us?

alroger
Old
Thanks Meter 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by farcry27 View Post
Hi

I have spent hours looking for the Stock gingerbread for the P1000n. HumberOS no longer hosts the file and its not on XDA (or it didnt come up in a search). Can anyone help me?

Also we need a decent guide on how to flash other ROMS for P1000n/l. currently the instructions are mixed up with P1000 's instructions and its not clear. I'll happily help with this once I do it myself.
Try the Overcome guides and their site. They should have a safe Gingerbread for all. The procedure is the same for any P1000*, the ROM is the same. The kernel is what you need diferent. Learn how to used heimdall for flashing just the kernel. Humberos threads have our P1000N kernel with root and the famous CwM Rrcovery for Gingerbread and other versions. Start with Humberos and/or Overcome Gingerbread before trying other ROMs.
Do NOT use ROM Manager.

- Tapatalk - SGT-P1000N - CM9 RC0 -
[TAB] Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" P1000N p1n
[ROM][OmniROM][4.4.4 KitKat] with [Xposed]

First Tab
Old
(Last edited by First Tab; 28th April 2012 at 11:23 AM.) Reason: tried to correct spelling...
Thanks Meter 0
Default GT-P1000N

I crashed My N model to the point that all i has was alot of colorful lines on My screen used Hiemdell to load kernel and recovery immage from team ICS ... I never loaded boot loaders or sbl or any .rfs works great baseband P1000nubjp3 no root before flash... I tried the overcome and the Boca roms neither would load but the CM9 loaded perfect..

datacrusher
Old
(Last edited by datacrusher; 29th April 2012 at 08:30 PM.) Reason: FIXED
Thanks Meter 1
Default ronis kernel + boca rom

Iv recently tryed ronis kernel (zImage-p1000l-GB-ronan-20111029) but the touchscreen wont work with boca 2.0.8 or 2.0.9.

humberos cm7 kernel links are all off in his blog, couldn't find it on the searchs on xda that wont point up to his blog back.

looking for a suggested "tek" kernel, as suggested by boca devs, all combinations with this kernels and boca roms installs fine but I have no internal memory (the 16gb stock)

will look some more, if not successfull ill give overcome rom a try, boca seems the more promissing one.

edit: FIXED

Well fellas, my bad here not trying some very obvious: flash kernel AFTER the rom.
So I got myself trying to flash up the roms and now its fully working with kernel 3.11 from goo.im diz repos, flashed up AFTER aplying 2.0.9 boca rom.

all god here on the P1000L for now, ill try more the rom and report if anything unusual.

First Tab
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the n model i can tell u how to put ics if u like mine runs fine so far i can tell everthing works ..

First Tab GT-P1000N Humbros cm9 Kernel on kangs aokp ics 4.0.4 build 33

First Tab
Old
(Last edited by First Tab; 5th May 2012 at 06:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I crashed My N model to the point that all i has was alot of colorful lines on My screen used Hiemdell to load kernel and recovery immage from team ICS ... I never loaded boot loaders or sbl or any .rfs works great baseband P1000nubjp3 no root before flash... I tried the overcome and the Boca roms neither would load but the CM9 loaded perfect..

Did u use the sgt bootloader patch if so u should have unlocked bootloaders mine did same thing i just flash the overcome wipe 4.0 rome and kernel then flash what ever i want i found that humbros kernels work the best on the p1000n

First Tab GT-P1000N Humbros cm9 Kernel on kangs aokp ics 4.0.4 build 33
glenbarney Old
Thanks Meter
Default Overcome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronis_BR View Post
With the right kernels now, we can flash customs ROM like:
Overcome
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1205990
I've spent a lot of time researching, and I'm sure the answer is right in front of me, but I'm stuck and fading out.

I've got the Ronan 20111029 kernel installed over stock Gingerbread on my P1000N tab, and I'd like to go to Overcome now.

I'd *really* like to go to Overcome 4.1, to match my P1000 (European) tab.

Is that even possible? If so, how might it be done? Wouldn't installing Overcome overwrite the Ronan kernel and send me back to bootloop land?

I'm sure someone has worked this out, and I'm reading thread after thread to try to figure it out, but there's a ton of information to wade through, so if anyone could point me to the steps to take to get this going, I would be most grateful.

Thank you!
Glen
glenbarney Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbarney View Post
I'd *really* like to go to Overcome 4.1, to match my P1000 (European) tab. Is that even possible? If so, how might it be done? Wouldn't installing Overcome overwrite the Ronan kernel and send me back to bootloop land?
I found it here!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...g#post21337271

And I'm now running Overcome 4.1 on my Galaxy Tab P1000N!!!

Tags
galaxy tab, p1000l, p1000n