Stuck on Step 21 installing Google Apps on CyanogenMod 7
Originally Posted by molecuman
Have problems with this step.
when i go into "install rom from sd card" and then i pick the "gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip" then i have 3 check box (wath to do here?), so i just push "ok" and the phone restart first time with a question mark in red on the screen, then restart again without any problem, but then i try to open the market app and it close immediately. so now i cant sync my contacts or calendar. please help!
I know this is an old question, but I had it too, so I thought I would answer it to help others. I am thankful for this awesome tutorial, but I did get stumped.
1) On Step 21, if you have tried it and failed to install Google Apps, you may be like me and not patient enough and Rom Manager might have hung, so reboot the phone.
2) Once rebooted go to the eye with the hat "Rom Manager" I am using 188.8.131.52 for reference. Click the first option "Flash ClockworkMode Recovery" and wait. I think mine took 3 or so minutes. It will appear to do nothing, then it will say Success! or Finished.
3) Now click "Reboot into Recovery". click OK
4) It will reboot into a DOS/ Command line based "GUI" with the first line highlighted. Used the Volume down button to move to "install zip from sdcard" and push the CAMERA button to select (the one on the lower right side. the shinny silver one!), NOT the power button which acts as a Go Back button
5) Down volume to "choose zip from sdcard", and camera button again
6) Down volume to "gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip" (I assume you already transferred this file or one similar to the SD card) and camera button again. At this point it should install and reboot.
7) Google apps should now be installed, or at least the Market, which will allow you to upgrade to Play store and install all the Google app goodness.