how to get sound working with the boot animation(thunderbolt)
All credits go to stoudtlr
30th June 2011, 07:32 PM
After days of unsuccessful searching of the forums and also Google and multiple flashes between stock Rom and Th3ory's I have figured out how to add sound to his boot animation or your own custom boot animation in his rom.
NANDROID BACKUP FIRST!! YOU WILL BE EDITING A SYSTEM FILE USED DURING BOOT
1. copy default.xml from /system/customize/CID to /sdcard using Root Explorer or another app.
2. open VZW_bootanimation.zip to see what the name of the folder with your boot png's in it is named. Write that down. If using the boot animation that comes with GINGERTH3ORY the folder will be "part0"
3. open default.xml from your sdcard using a web editor. I use Android Web Editor Lite.
4. on line 120 will be the info for where the phone looks for the boot animation and boot audio. notice that boot animation is VZW_bootanimation.zip and audio is Verizon_Thunderbolt_3sec.mp3
5. on line 120 change audiostart="VZW" to audiostart="part0" or whatever the name of the folder is with your boot animation png's in it
6. save the xml and exit your editor
7. change the name of the original default.xml to default.xml.old
8. using Root Explorer paste the edited default.xml from /sdcard into /system/customize/CID
9. now paste whatever mp3 you want to play at boot into the /system/customize/resource folder and rename it to Verizon_Thunderbolt_3sec.mp3
10. reboot and finally enjoy the audio
If using a custom boot animation simply rename it to VZW_bootanimation.zip and paste it into the /system/customize/resource folder.
Hope this helps those that were having issues!