Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 39,812 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2nd core

Tip us?

takota6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Default 2nd core

Just checking,but under antutu CPU master,or setcpu,and Rom manager pro..it only showes 1 core ..my quadrant are around 3500 ..s-off running newts rl3,,,txs

takota6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Whoa...a lotof views,,but nut sure either

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

tCizler
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I don't think I have an answer, but you have to ask a question before you get an answer.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to tCizler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

topgun1953
Old
Thanks Meter 139

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by takota6 View Post
Just checking,but under antutu CPU master,or setcpu,and Rom manager pro..it only showes 1 core ..my quadrant are around 3500 ..s-off running newts rl3,,,txs
I was running newts rls1 and getting 3600 quadrant and 6500+ antutu. When I switched to rls3 everything went down...so back to rls1 for me.

Other people have pointed out and I find this to work, that if you use setcpu and check "enable profiles", the 2nd core is turned on. I went ahead and set a screen off profile of 192/192 (max/min). I"m experimenting with these values, though. It seems I can knock down my mA use (per Battery Monitor Widget) by using the profile. The cpu does appear to be scaling properly. Many people have said not to use any of these cpu things and I did have some trouble with setcpu previously but it seems to be doing its thing with RLS1 anyway.

cstrife999
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by takota6 View Post
Programs probably just are't reading it right.

LunaticSerenade
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Speaking generally, the 2nd core will sit idle until needed, so it may be 'offline' when those apps check.

Until we get custom kernels/kernel source, there isn't much that can be done about it.

Sent from my evolving Rezound.
----------------------
Current:
Motorola Droid Maxx DE || Stock 4.4.4 || Stock Kernel

----------------------
Previous:
Motorola XT926 || Carbon || arrrghhh Kernel ||
HTC Rezound || CM 10.1 || Funky Kernel ||
HTC Droid Incredible || CM 10.1 ||
----------------------
Let's go out west and bask/in the overcast/standing in the rain/we'll see the beauty in life again
-Darkest Hour

platinumthomas
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Lunatic summed it up perfectly. There are 2 cores, but the applications can't "see" them

zetsumeikuro
Old
Thanks Meter 873
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1496934 If you read through this thread the OP talks about the mpdecision not working properly. Basically it's the file that governs when both cores are on etc. It is something that can affect synthetic benches, but not real world performance. Probably why current ****s given by HTC = 0. Quadrant = trash and benches are for jerking off to numbers which generally is not an indicative to device performance. But whatever floats your boat I suppose .

takota6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Kool txs every1,,and I do use benchmarks to how my current Rom or tweak us working,,most of us are visual and need a program to tell us how it is..but I'm glad there s alot of hardcore peps to do the schooling

andrewp3481
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Perflock. There is no CPU management. Using setcpu doesn't do anything...its all in your head.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
Sent from my HTC One M8
If you are looking for phone cases or accessories please visit my web site:
http://www.norcalphonecase.com