[MOD] dim capacitive buttons/leds | fixed | [9/3/12]

Tip us?

rsage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by adv1sory View Post
possibly add a soft flash feature? I currently have a Galaxy Note and there isn't a dev that can figure it out. Just wondering, since you were able to dim the captivate buttons, should be similar to tweaking the flash.
Ah ok, actually they have nothing to do with each other. Capacitive button characteristics are controlled by a set of system files. To give the camera app the ability to do a soft flash would probably require someone reverse engineering the apk, then making mods and recompiling (including adding some way to turn the soft flash on/off). Or someone would have to write a third party camera app with that capability. Technically it should be possible because I have a flashlight app that uses the camera flash and it can be set to varying levels of brightness, but I really don't know.

adv1sory
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Amen to that. What direction would I need to go to reverse engineer the app? What coding language would I need to learn?

rsage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by adv1sory View Post
Amen to that. What direction would I need to go to reverse engineer the app? What coding language would I need to learn?
Android apps are coded in Java. You'd also probably have to familiarize yourself with smali. There are ways to reverse-engineer or decompile apk's, but this thread isn't the right place to discuss. I'd post something in the general section. You can also check out this thread, the OP has had success in making mods to the stock camera app:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1569777
The Following User Says Thank You to rsage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adv1sory
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsage View Post
Android apps are coded in Java. You'd also probably have to familiarize yourself with smali. There are ways to reverse-engineer or decompile apk's, but this thread isn't the right place to discuss. I'd post something in the general section. You can also check out this thread, the OP has had success in making mods to the stock camera app:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1569777
Thank you so much for guiding me in the right direction. I greatly appreciate it. Makes me wish I paid attention in Java class when I had the chance, but found the case sensitive language a burden.

bjaxon
Old
Thanks Meter 61
How could I turn them off completely? I know some have it in the tweaks, but I'm on rez 2.5 and he has no option.

"Donate to those who spend their time making our phones better"

"If I helped you at all please hit the Thanks button"

rsage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaxon View Post
How could I turn them off completely? I know some have it in the tweaks, but I'm on rez 2.5 and he has no option.
Search Newt's sense4 (OnE XxX) thread - fo0you posted a script that toggles them on/off. Sorry I don't have the exact link handy...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rrkelley
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This doesn't seem to work for me on Newt's One XXX RLS 3.

rsage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrkelley View Post
This doesn't seem to work for me on Newt's One XXX RLS 3.
Does rls3 support init.d scripts? At first glance it doesn't look like it does, you may want to ask him

rrkelley
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, I'll ask him.

rrkelley
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does support init.d scripts. Had to manually do it. The flashable version did not work. Permissions were wrong on the flashable script. Someone over at themikmik steered me in the right direction.