Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Star N8000, firmware and rom

Tip us?

johnnysnavely
Old
(Last edited by johnnysnavely; 18th June 2012 at 03:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I flashed the new June ROM using the SP_FLASH_TOOL, but now when I boot up, the display is twisted sideways.

So, then I downloaded Multiport Flash Tool, but I need directions on how to use this tool. I cannot seem to load the .bin file or the scatter file.

Ravin J
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Star N8000, firmware and rom

Hi johnnysnavely,

Here is the steps that i followed,
1) open the "Multiport Flash Tool" click on -> File -> Open Download Agent File, a file browser window will open, select "MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin" file. ->refer to attached SP_MPD1.jpg
2) click on Scatter File Button, a file browser window will open, go to JUNE ROM Folder and select "MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" file -> refer to attached SP_MPD2.jpg
3) click on the button with "????????" on the right hand side of the screen, a "Choose LCD and Sensor" would pop-up, click on unlock , choose
0v5640_yuv (back camera), hi704_yuv (front camera), RX_50RM_392A (display) on the 3 dropdown box. -> refer to attached SP_MPD3.jpg
4) choose "Preloader --> DA" on the bottom right of the screen.

you have to check all com ports on the pc/laptop, you can remove and uninstall/install the deivces/drivers, please check the below site ->"www"

aximusers.com/forum/threads/7507-Removing-hidden-Com-ports-on-PC-High-com-numbers.-> refer to attached ComPort.jpg
5)your Phone driver should be installed with 3-16 com ports, if not, you have uninstall other devices that are grey and installl the phone driver again with the phone plug into usb port. later unplug the phone after phone driver installation.

6) click on "startall" and plug the phone to the USB port.

Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SP_MPD1.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	1137439   Click image for larger version

Name:	SP_MPD2.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1137440   Click image for larger version

Name:	SP_MPD3.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1137441   Click image for larger version

Name:	ComPort.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1137442  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ravin J For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kyrie1965
Old
(Last edited by Kyrie1965; 18th June 2012 at 07:07 AM.) Reason: crop
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravin J View Post
3) click on the button with "????????" on the right hand side of the screen, a "Choose LCD and Sensor" would pop-up, click on unlock , choose
0v5640_yuv (back camera), hi704_yuv (front camera), RX_50RM_392A (display) on the 3 dropdown box. -> refer to attached SP_MPD3.jpg
Some N8000 have mt9p017_raw back sensor. So another configuration is:
mt9p017_raw (back camera), hi704_yuv (front camera), RX_50RM_392A (display)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kyrie1965 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

johnnysnavely
Old
(Last edited by johnnysnavely; 19th June 2012 at 01:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default wireless

Thanks for the instructions on how to use Multiport Flash Tool. But even with the new June ROM, the phone is not working correctly. The data connection keeps going "up" and "down", both for WiFi and GSM.

Do I have a defective phone hardware?

sluzzy9021
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to Flash N8000

Hi guys. I really thank you for the guide, but i still can't understand how to flash and install a custom recovery on my N8000. Can you please tell me step by step how to do it?
Thank you very much for your work

rielza
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Restricted Access Changed....Why?

Hi Guys! Im back..

Thanx Caviar44, Ravin J&other...sorry for late reply to your comment bcause im so busy..I will try it later..

I have another problem..when the phone is in standby mode, the network signal is full..but when there is incoming call or when i use the phone, it suddenly lost it signal..it says "restricted access changed"..i was wondering because my place have no problem with the network..do i need to flash custom rom or there is other way to fix it..i've downloaded network booster or any other software like it from the google play but it doesn't work.

kado5332
Old
(Last edited by kado5332; 20th June 2012 at 10:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default help

im trying to flash the may 19th firmware, and i really dont know where to put the scatter file, is there a specific place im supposed to move it to? ive downloard and unrared the n8000 may 19th folder, and downloaded the scatter txt, but it doesnt find any of the files when i load in on sp flash tools... where do i put it... am i supposed to group it with certain files?? im assuming 20 files are supposed to be located in the same folder with the scatter.txt file, but WHERE are these files?? ive downloaded the may 19th file, and i just dont know what to do from there... im confused..

Alkemix
Old
(Last edited by Alkemix; 22nd June 2012 at 10:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 221
Default N8000 custom recovery file ...

@Angelobiz , @everybody

Link N8000 custom recovery file doesn't work...

Ciao, il link non pi funzionante, il file mancante, potresti per cortesia riupparlo? Grazie mille compaesano

-------

Hi, link doesn't work, I can't download the file, Could You up it again ? Thanks a lot

Kyrie1965
Old
Thanks Meter 103
New latest official firmware for N8000 - 20120612_e1808_v75_jbl1.

Use SP_MDT to flash it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kyrie1965 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daikisato
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please help. You ask.

Made in the method of Ravin J.
Color LCD screen is inverted.
Please help. You ask.
Thank you.

Tags
mediatek, mtk6575