I've been following this thread, since I was planning to go for a Xperia S but now it seems that more options are coming:
- Xperia S, LT26i, has all the features I was looking for . Just wonder about battery life (1750mAh). Is it good enough? not sure
- what about Xperia Acro S, LT26W, which is basically similar to Xperia S but is water/dust proof (IP67), has MicroSD slot and also a bigger battery (1910mAh)? And it is supposed to be ICS ready out of the box.
- what about Xperia ion, LT28i, as is being mentioned here? Seems to be a good option as well, including 4G support (future proof investment, since 4G is not ready here in Brazil yet), bigger screen (4.55") and also has microSD slot
- what about GX, LT29i, which is lighter (127g) and has a bigger screen of all (4.6"), is ICS ready out of the box, MHL AV/Link (supposed to make a dock easier with a single cable, just wonder if HDMI and USB OTG will be supported at same connection), new CPU with Adreno 225 GPU (slightly hi spec) , but only 1700mAh battery
- what about the Japanese Xperia Acro HD SO-03D, which basically has same specs as the Xperia S but also has a MicroSD slot, a bigger battery capacity (1910mAh) and also offers a Digital TV Tuner (compatible in Brazil, called One Seg) ? Just don't understand why this model still uses the Sony Ericsson logo.
All those phones are ready for sale on the chinese website:
It is interesting because all those models seems to be ready for sale:
-Xperia S: around US$405
-Xperia Acro S: around US$546
-Xperia Ion : around US$470
-Xperia GX: around US$610
-Xperia Acro HD SO-03D: around US$485
I live in Brazil but have a few friends who live in China/Shenzhen, so could be possible to order it. Just not sure if it is a safe store.
My last phone was a HTC HD2 which I used for almost 2 years. Looking for an upgrade now.