[Q] Help with FPSE Metal Gear Solid

Search This thread

tiagoSequeira

Apr 8, 2011
Porto
Can someone point me the right settings and FPSE version for fully working Metal Gear Solid? I tried many different settings I saw around the web but I never got sound to work and that's kind of annoying :(

SOLVED

EDIT: So I got to the Psicho Mantis part and what should I do if I can't change the controller port? I don't no how to defeat it

Last edited:

calar714

Apr 5, 2012
San Francisco
Let me tell you what my settings are. The game works great!

For the System menu, I have only the "Force mono core" box ticked
For the Audio menu, I have nothing ticked
For the Video menu, I have the Famelimiter, Forced Landscape Orientation, and Hardware acceleration boxes ticked

Hope this helps!:)

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Correction, I have the SPUSYNC box ticked under the Audio menu. Enjoy!

tiagoSequeira

Apr 8, 2011
Porto

For the Video menu, I have the Famelimiter, Forced Landscape Orientation, and Hardware acceleration boxes ticked

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

I'll try, if it doesn't work I'll try to download the iso again. Can you tell me where you downloaded it?

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

dabes88

Jan 29, 2012
leicester

They are the settings I use with spy sync being the most important.
I also like overclocking to 1.6 and play games with open gl.
Have all video setting apart from special frame limiter and busy fix I get 55-60 fps.
Oh you also need boost mode enabled gives me about 15fps more.

tiagoSequeira

Apr 8, 2011
Porto
Thanks everybody, for the sound I was missing the spsinc or something, now it works

tiagoSequeira

Apr 8, 2011
Porto
Can you give a little more info to the problem?

If you already played metal gear you might know that in order to default Psicho mantis you have to change the controller (joystick) from port one to port two. I need to know how to do that in fpse. In ps pocket there's an option for that.

calar714

Apr 5, 2012
San Francisco
If you already played metal gear you might know that in order to default Psicho mantis you have to change the controller (joystick) from port one to port two. I need to know how to do that in fpse. In ps pocket there's an option for that.

I think you might have two options to achieve your solution.
The first might be more painstaking, but for that portion of the game:
Go Menu->Settings->Gamepad->Assign HW buttons->Assign Hw keys for Pad 2 and just remap all the keys for port 2

The other option that may work:
Go Menu->Settings->Gamepad->Overlay pad->Select Pad port->Port 2 and play using on screen controls.

Maybe a combination of the two? Let me know if it works.

Reactions: tiagoSequeira

tiagoSequeira

Apr 8, 2011
Porto
Go Menu->Settings->Gamepad->Assign HW buttons->Assign Hw keys for Pad 2 and just remap all the keys for port 2

Go Menu->Settings->Gamepad->Overlay pad->Select Pad port->Port 2 and play using on screen controls.

I'll try another time but thanks. I got tired and played it on my PS2. When I finish playing all the metal gear games again, my holiday routine, I'll try that

Shamma

Jul 1, 2012
Cairo
Guy how did you contact Meryl? When i pull up the codec radio, i cant see the frequency and its not highlighted in green as it was on the original playstation console. Ive googled this and its a known issue with mgs running on FPse. You basically cant only dial preset codecs like campbell master and mei ling.
I wanna call Meryl caz i just defeated revolver ocelot, how do i that? Its ****ing annoying cuz i know here codec but i cant see the frequency when i change it lol :S

kickitkev

May 24, 2013
hi all this is my first post but anyways if you want to beat physco mantis without switching controller ports just get to the point where your fighting mantis and you cant hit him and open the codec and keep calling cambell until he says to swap controller ports then let mantis kill you then continue and do it all over again and when you cant hit mantis again and meryl is knocked out open codec and keep calling campell until he says to destroy the statues with the gas masks on either side of the room (use the fa-mas assuat rifle or c4) btw you cant destroy the statues till your told to by cambell and meryl's codec is number is 140.15 and cambell or any1 else you can call wont tell you what it is they just say to look at the back of the cd case (weird)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.