Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM7 Q&A Thread!

Tip us?

Kyndig66
Old
Thanks Meter 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted03 View Post
No i havent but i will give it whirl...thanks

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Kyndigg66, i would like to thank you for your help, i ran the gremlin remover and i now have my phone back...thank you
Thank thomas. It's his baby

Sent from a hole in the time space continuum.
"Everybody have fun tonight! Everybody Wang Chung tonight!" ~ Wang Chung

My contribution:

[ROM][TFQ] PAC-man for SGS4G version19.3.0 [UNOFFICIAL]

adobrakic
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Does anyone get a force close from the market when trying to install apps from the web-version of the market? As soon as I hit 'install' on my computer, the market crashes on my phone.

thegoo
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default Vibration!

For the life of me, I cannot find where to turn the vibration off. Meaning, every time I'm in a phone call and move the phone away from my ear it vibrates, it vibrates on answer, it vibrates on hang-up, on messages. It's driving clients and I nuts. They say it sounds like a train horn on their end. I've unchecked every vibration option in every menu. I think I'm missing one here. Thanks for the help!

sleevasteve
Old
(Last edited by sleevasteve; 18th June 2012 at 04:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 286
You can turn off the "vibrate on answer/hang up" in settings/call settings, and then under settings/cyanogenmod-settings/sound you can turn off the "vibrate during calls" which will turn off your on-call notifications. I prefer both settings off as well.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA

brandonc0526
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoo View Post
For the life of me, I cannot find where to turn the vibration off. Meaning, every time I'm in a phone call and move the phone away from my ear it vibrates, it vibrates on answer, it vibrates on hang-up, on messages. It's driving clients and I nuts. They say it sounds like a train horn on their end. I've unchecked every vibration option in every menu. I think I'm missing one here. Thanks for the help!
Settings>call settings

twisted03
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyndig66 View Post
Thank thomas. It's his baby

Sent from a hole in the time space continuum.
I did...

From the grave

thegoo
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleevasteve View Post
You can turn off the "vibrate on answer/hang up" in settings/call settings, and then under settings/cyanogenmod-settings/sound you can turn off the "vibrate during calls" which will turn off your on-call notifications. I prefer both settings off as well.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA
Every "vibrate" option is turned off in every menu. It's two significant "vibrates" when it happens. That's why I'm puzzled and was curious if I was missing something. Why would the proximity sensor cause it to vibrate when I move the phone away from my ear?

eollie
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 766
Use something like titanium or my backup pro and create a backup of your apps. One click to stock kj6, then one click antonx's kernel. Reflash the rom and see if it fixes it. Sometimes in these alpha/beta builds there are sneaky little bugs that only affect certain peoples phones. This might be one of them and you are the only person currently affected.

Domunus
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default R11 & R11 w/TWRP build

I was wondering if anyone else is or has experienced the following issues with Team Acids Unofficial CM7 R11 builds.

Fixed R11b - Wireless works fine but front facing camera image is completely distorted. Video and back camera are fine.

Fixed R11b w/TWRP - Wirelss will not turn on, just says error. However, now front facing camera works fine.

I had originally just wiped cache, so I did a backup and then did a full wipe and tried R11B-TWRP. Same results. So I went back to R11B with full wipe and wireless works again but front facing camera is still broken.

I didn't see anyone else report these issues, or may have overlooked it.

BTW, TWRP is awesome.

jfernandezv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Cm7

HI to everyone!!!!
I need to know if Cm7 Need diferent usb drivers for Download mode.
Am trying to get back to Bml With odin and I can't. I did reed the whole Q&A and I just don't
Like heimdall because cause me problem before. Odin is better for me and I need little help in
this case. Also I did use the right usb port and the usb cable is fine. Windows 7 64 bit install drivers direcly from internet. In my case it didn't and steell not reconice mi Phone.
Cm7 is one of the best Rom for me not matter the limitation it have for now.
Sorry for my english, is the first time I haved write or ask for someting in this forum
and I am new with a litte of experience. Thanks for any recomendation and thanks to all developers.