[Q] Problems with rooting and installing CWM5 and custom ROMS

Search This thread

pranay.gp

Jun 18, 2012
Hey,

I am having problems while trying to root, install cwm5 and install a custom ROM to my Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i.

PROBLEM:

First:

I rooted my phone by following this article.

It rooted in less than a second, so i had my doubts and went ahead and rooted it again, only to get the same thing... After starting my phone normally, i found this new icon SC20120618-183210.png.

Root checker also confirmed that it was successfully rooted.

Second:

I tried to install CWM 5 from the same article. When installing, I get the following error:

Error in E://tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

However, after following this article, i was able to get it to work. However, like it says in the article, i have to install the zip from SD card via standard recovery every time i have to use CWM

Third:

I did all this to try to install this custom ROM.

While using "temporary" CWM, i tried installing this, but once again, i get the exact same error:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

I thought it was due to a bad file, so i downaded everything again, again, and finally, once again... Nothing seems to work

I then tried to flash CWM via ROM Manager. It asks me to confirm my model, with only one option (i.e. S3850i), i tap that and it says no supported CWM available, but i know there is by looking at these articles and other tutorials

I also tried re-rooting my phone via super one click v.2.3.1.0, but it hangs at waiting for device...

DETAILS:

Galaxy Ace S5830i (GSM), bought in Dubai
My PC runs Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Please help me out here... thanks

Last edited:

deba1994

Hey,

I am having problems while trying to root, install cwm5 and install a custom ROM to my Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i.

PROBLEM:

First:

It rooted in less than a second, so i had my doubts and went ahead and rooted it again, only to get the same thing... After starting my phone normally, i found this new icon View attachment 1138240.

Second:

I tried to install CWM 5 from the same article. When installing, I get the following error:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

However, after following this article, i was able to get it to work. However, like it says in the article, i have to install the zip from SD card via standard recovery every time i have to use CWM

Third:

While using "temporary" CWM, i tried installing this, but once again, i get the exact same error:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

I thought it was due to a bad file, so i downaded everything again, again, and finally, once again... Nothing seems to work

I then tried to flash CWM via ROM Manager. It asks me to confirm my model, with only one option (i.e. S3850i), i tap that and it says no supported CWM available, but i know there is by looking at these articles and other tutorials

I also tried re-rooting my phone via super one click v.2.3.1.0, but it hangs at waiting for device...

DETAILS:

Try This Article
Hope it helps :D

AndroidGadgetCyprus

Feb 23, 2012
Larnaca
Hey,

PROBLEM:

First:

It rooted in less than a second, so i had my doubts and went ahead and rooted it again, only to get the same thing... After starting my phone normally, i found this new icon View attachment 1138240.

Second:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

Third:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

DETAILS:

1. The topic is for s5830 not s5830i
2. The rom is not for s5830i and there are no available roms in s5830i

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA

side_effect

Dec 30, 2011
Hey,

PROBLEM:

First:

Second:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

Third:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

DETAILS:

DONT USE ROM MANAGER.It bricks S5830 so may do same with "i"

g33g1s4noob

Sep 16, 2011
Hey,

PROBLEM:

First:

Second:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

Third:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

DETAILS:

seems like everybody here likes quoting sooooo very much!!!!

sent mobile

K.A.

Apr 4, 2012
install the zip file attached..
That will give you proper permanent CWM recovery..
after that you can install the ROM you want..

Attachments

• recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.6-galaxyace-fix.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 8,665

pranay.gp

Jun 18, 2012
I used that

install the zip file attached..
That will give you proper permanent CWM recovery..
after that you can install the ROM you want..

That's the one i already tried...

It came back with an error while installing:

(status 7)
Installation Aborted

Hope you can still help me

pranay.gp

Jun 18, 2012
Installation method

I tried that on my friend's 5830i and it went well..how did you install it?

Well i copied it from my comp, pasted it in my SD card. Shut my phone down, then restarted into recovery mode (Samsung Standard <e3> or something like that). Selected apply update from SD card in zip

selected the file (which was in the main directory itself).

Then a few lines of code appeared...

something about getprop or something...
then after say the 12th line of code, that error message appears...

K.A.

Apr 4, 2012
Well i copied it from my comp, pasted it in my SD card. Shut my phone down, then restarted into recovery mode (Samsung Standard <e3> or something like that). Selected apply update from SD card in zip

selected the file (which was in the main directory itself).

Then a few lines of code appeared...

something about getprop or something...
then after say the 12th line of code, that error message appears...
Well thats the method i followed too..
BTW..can you try downloading and trying the zip file i posted?

pranay.gp

Jun 18, 2012
Well thats the method i followed too..
BTW..can you try downloading and trying the zip file i posted?

Right, i did, same error again though...

I wiped cache and tried again, no help....

i dont want to do another factory reset because i dont want to lose my data, though im pretty sure it still wont work even if i do...

Here's exactly what i can see on my screen right now...

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Android system recovery <3e>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now
apply update from sdcard
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Cyan"]
  ||        getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5830T" ||     getprop
("ro.product.board") == "GT-S5830T" ||     getprop("ro.buid.product") == "GT-S5830T" ||     getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5830"   ||       getprop("ro.product.board") == "GT-S5830"    ||         getprop("ro.buid.product") == "GT-S5830"      ||      getprop("ro.product.model") == "GT-S5830"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
[/COLOR]

HOPE THAT HELPS :D

K.A.

Apr 4, 2012
Right, i did, same error again though...

I wiped cache and tried again, no help....

i dont want to do another factory reset because i dont want to lose my data, though im pretty sure it still wont work even if i do...

Here's exactly what i can see on my screen right now...

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Android system recovery <3e>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now
apply update from sdcard
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Cyan"]
  ||        getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5830T" ||     getprop
("ro.product.board") == "GT-S5830T" ||     getprop("ro.buid.product") == "GT-S5830T" ||     getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5830"   ||       getprop("ro.product.board") == "GT-S5830"    ||         getprop("ro.buid.product") == "GT-S5830"      ||      getprop("ro.product.model") == "GT-S5830"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
[/COLOR]

HOPE THAT HELPS :D

I think you are a little hard on the reading part yourself..it clearly states that your device is a GT-S5830 "T" and not "i" !!!!!!!!!!

K. A. S. E.© - THE TROLL MAFIA.

pranay.gp

Jun 18, 2012
I googled on the matter and found that it seems that the new aces with gb preinstalled have a special secure bootloader which prevents rooting of the phone!!

Well mine was a gb preinstalled. but i checked online and saw tutorials for rooting galaxy aces with gb 2.3.6 (mine has 2.3.6)... and it seems to work fine

also, 1 minor difference i found (dunno if it helps) is that in the tutorials, the screenshots and vids show

Galaxy ACE SGH S5830

and at the bottom it says samsung (during boot)

On mine, the Samsung is at the top

pranay.gp

Jun 18, 2012
I think you are a little hard on the reading part yourself..it clearly states that your device is a GT-S5830 "T" and not "i" !!!!!!!!!!

K. A. S. E.© - THE TROLL MAFIA.

Dude, if you did know some code, it looks like a test to check if it is a T, or an L or just S5840... now i dont know why there is no i in there, maybe that's the problem, and thats what im trying to figure out

Also, im sure its an i since it says that on my box, plus on my bootscreen, and in my about phone settings page