Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

[Q] Problems with rooting and installing CWM5 and custom ROMS

OP pranay.gp

18th June 2012, 03:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Hey,

I am having problems while trying to root, install cwm5 and install a custom ROM to my Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i.

PROBLEM:

First:

I rooted my phone by following this article.

It rooted in less than a second, so i had my doubts and went ahead and rooted it again, only to get the same thing... After starting my phone normally, i found this new icon Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120618-183210.png
Views:	207
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1138240.

Root checker also confirmed that it was successfully rooted.

Second:

I tried to install CWM 5 from the same article. When installing, I get the following error:

Error in E://tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

However, after following this article, i was able to get it to work. However, like it says in the article, i have to install the zip from SD card via standard recovery every time i have to use CWM

Third:

I did all this to try to install this custom ROM.

While using "temporary" CWM, i tried installing this, but once again, i get the exact same error:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

I thought it was due to a bad file, so i downaded everything again, again, and finally, once again... Nothing seems to work

I then tried to flash CWM via ROM Manager. It asks me to confirm my model, with only one option (i.e. S3850i), i tap that and it says no supported CWM available, but i know there is by looking at these articles and other tutorials

I also tried re-rooting my phone via super one click v.2.3.1.0, but it hangs at waiting for device...

DETAILS:

Galaxy Ace S5830i (GSM), bought in Dubai
My PC runs Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Please help me out here... thanks
Last edited by pranay.gp; 18th June 2012 at 06:23 PM.
18th June 2012, 06:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Muscat,Oman
Thanks Meter: 71

145 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranay.gp

Hey,

I am having problems while trying to root, install cwm5 and install a custom ROM to my Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i.

PROBLEM:

First:

It rooted in less than a second, so i had my doubts and went ahead and rooted it again, only to get the same thing... After starting my phone normally, i found this new icon Attachment 1138240.

Second:

I tried to install CWM 5 from the same article. When installing, I get the following error:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

However, after following this article, i was able to get it to work. However, like it says in the article, i have to install the zip from SD card via standard recovery every time i have to use CWM

Third:

While using "temporary" CWM, i tried installing this, but once again, i get the exact same error:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

I thought it was due to a bad file, so i downaded everything again, again, and finally, once again... Nothing seems to work

I then tried to flash CWM via ROM Manager. It asks me to confirm my model, with only one option (i.e. S3850i), i tap that and it says no supported CWM available, but i know there is by looking at these articles and other tutorials

I also tried re-rooting my phone via super one click v.2.3.1.0, but it hangs at waiting for device...

DETAILS:

Try This Article
Hope it helps
18th June 2012, 07:04 PM   |  #3  
Flag Larnaca
Thanks Meter: 69

269 posts
More
Quote:

Hey,

PROBLEM:

First:

It rooted in less than a second, so i had my doubts and went ahead and rooted it again, only to get the same thing... After starting my phone normally, i found this new icon Attachment 1138240.

Second:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

Third:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

DETAILS:

1. The topic is for s5830 not s5830i
2. The rom is not for s5830i and there are no available roms in s5830i

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA
18th June 2012, 07:14 PM   |  #4  
Flag GPS not working
Thanks Meter: 318

1,454 posts
More
Quote:

Hey,

PROBLEM:

First:

Second:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

Third:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

DETAILS:

DONT USE ROM MANAGER.It bricks S5830 so may do same with "i"
18th June 2012, 07:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deba1994

Try This Article
Hope it helps

I did actually reference this article in my post. This post gave me the "temporary" CWM download...
18th June 2012, 07:19 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

36 posts
Quote:

Hey,

PROBLEM:

First:

Second:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

Third:

(status 7)
Installation aborted

DETAILS:

seems like everybody here likes quoting sooooo very much!!!!

sent mobile
18th June 2012, 07:25 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1,283

6,289 posts
More
install the zip file attached..
That will give you proper permanent CWM recovery..
after that you can install the ROM you want..
Attached Files
File Type: zip recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.6-galaxyace-fix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.42 MB, 5037 views)
18th June 2012, 07:29 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by side_effect

DONT USE ROM MANAGER.It bricks S5830 so may do same with "i"

Thanks for the info.

Infact it would'nt work anyways, so would'nt really make a difference....

btw, you got any idea about how i could get CWM installed on my phone then?
18th June 2012, 07:30 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1,283

6,289 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for the info.

Infact it would'nt work anyways, so would'nt really make a difference....

btw, you got any idea about how i could get CWM installed on my phone then?

see my post above yours..
18th June 2012, 07:36 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Thumbs down I used that
Quote:
Originally Posted by King ACE

install the zip file attached..
That will give you proper permanent CWM recovery..
after that you can install the ROM you want..

That's the one i already tried...

It came back with an error while installing:

(status 7)
Installation Aborted

Hope you can still help me

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread