5,598,171 Members 43,060 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[VIDEO GUIDE] FULL S-OFF ROOT for Evo SHIFT. Froyo (2.2) + Gingerbread (2.3.3+2.3.4)

Tip us?
 
VICODAN
Old
(Last edited by VICODAN; 15th June 2012 at 10:02 AM.)
#241  
VICODAN's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 475
Posts: 1,686
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper1234 View Post
Thanks for the quick response. the Videos were for 2.3. and higher, right?
I am on 2.2, and is suppose to be a easier root. I did it before when I did the root last year.

Should I RUU (your methold) again, before they update the market to "play".
My thinking is they may black list the visionary.apk after the update.

I got it working now, thanks!
Video is directed at 2.3.4 users because it's a lot more difficult.

visionary is included in shift-rootkit.rar

Quote:
Originally Posted by crump84 View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
If your on 2.3.4 there is a Script you can use. Indirect's Script will simplify Rooting. I've posted the Visionary apk several times. I believe once or twice on this thread. But I've attached it again below .

Please stop directing people to other threads.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27 View Post
trying to root my wife's Shift. I think I can follow these steps pretty easily. Man there are a lot, wish it was more like my Epic 4G Touch with simple one clicks. Lousy HTC. Can't these all be wrapped into a single script somehow?

Anyways, does anyone have the original Visionary.apk to download? Google turns up the ModacoVisionaryPlusr14.apk. Are these the same?

Thanks guys, really appreciate the videos and help. Plus the list of ROMs is great.
make sure you are in airplane mode when using visionary
 
mmark27
Old
#242  
mmark27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 141
Posts: 547
Join Date: Jun 2010
Thanks for the information. I did find it in the rar after I opened it. Haven't started on anything yet, but just getting all my ducks in a row.

Thanks! It's great to see developers for this phone. I had no clue anyone else bought this thing. It needs some love over stock. I've tried to convince her for a year to let me fix this. She's unhappy there's not a fancier new slider available from Sprint. So this is option 2 and Cyanogenmod 7.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
 
VICODAN
Old
#243  
VICODAN's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 475
Posts: 1,686
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27 View Post
Thanks for the information. I did find it in the rar after I opened it. Haven't started on anything yet, but just getting all my ducks in a row.

Thanks! It's great to see developers for this phone. I had no clue anyone else bought this thing. It needs some love over stock. I've tried to convince her for a year to let me fix this. She's unhappy there's not a fancier new slider available from Sprint. So this is option 2 and Cyanogenmod 7.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
newsense!!!
 
VICODAN
Old
#244  
VICODAN's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 475
Posts: 1,686
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Posting this PM since it's a good question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B RAD G 296
where do i get the unlocktoken for the evo shift, in ur first video u were taking about it.

help
www.htcdev.com it's in the written instructions. choose evo 3d
 
VICODAN
Old
#245  
VICODAN's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 475
Posts: 1,686
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Another PM/Answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipp02
VICODAN,

Sorry for the PM. And you are prob. busy but my buddy flashed my EVO shift with cyanogenmod (cm-7.2.0-speedy.zip ) from this page: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?typ...&device=speedy and it works but has nothing on my phone like i used to have. for example that is the main app is the voicemail app. i cant find it on the market because there are so many voicemail apps.

I seen videos of yours and i actually rooted my phone on Thursday using your post and videos and that was a huge help! I thank you for that. But now i have to flash my radio because the service i get is not good and i drop calls and most of the time when i send a text message that is over 2 msgs it will get stuck and say the "message cannot be sent"

I was wondering what exact ROM you have and how would i go about flashing it with what i have on here? because it looks like you had the same unlock feature. my buddy said that cyanogenmod is the best one to use but personally it has nothing on it and most of all it is missing the voicemail and the apps i had.

Is your ROM that you used built off of cyanogenmod? and may i have a direct link? with directions on how to flash the ROM? Do i just boot into recovery and format system, dyliex cache, and cache? Then install .zip and choose the ROM you have been using? or should i stay with this one and find all the apps im missing like all of googles apps, voicemail and some apps i used before i rooted but i forget most of them.

Thanks in advance. It would be great if you can point me into the right direction.

By the way nice to meet you and my name is Dipp.

Thanks again for all your hard work it has helped me get to where i am at now! and sorry once again for the PM.
Flash newSense. CM 7.2 is unstable. Make sure you do a full wipe before flashing.
 
sparksco
Old
#246  
sparksco's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7621
Posts: 8,198
Join Date: Feb 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27 View Post
trying to root my wife's Shift. I think I can follow these steps pretty easily. Man there are a lot, wish it was more like my Epic 4G Touch with simple one clicks. Lousy HTC. Can't these all be wrapped into a single script somehow?

Anyways, does anyone have the original Visionary.apk to download? Google turns up the ModacoVisionaryPlusr14.apk. Are these the same?

Thanks guys, really appreciate the videos and help. Plus the list of ROMs is great.
Wish it was that easy but the reason a script won't work with unlock tokens is because each device has it's very own that will not work on other phones. For example if I were to send you a unlock token for another device and you tried to flash it with fastboot it wouldn't work.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
HTC G1: Bricked
HTC G1 #2: Broke
HTC Evo Shift 4G: Active
ASUS Nexus 7: Active
LGE Nexus 4: Active


2-step unroot back to stock 2.3.4 from s-off-Evo Shift 4G
My Work-Evo Shift 4G

Lead Developer of SaberMod
Nexus 4 SaberMod
Nexus 7 SaberMod
Nexus 7 3G SaberMod
Nexus 10 SaberMod

If I've helped you in any way shape or form please hit the thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to sparksco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
prboy1969
Old
#247  
prboy1969's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6204
Posts: 9,809
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICODAN View Post
Please stop directing people to other threads
Lets get a few things straight shall we. First off don't overestimate who you are. I am very simply trying to help fellow Shift users. End of story. Second your " Method " ( actually instructions ) is not the be all end all to Rooting a device. As for " your thread " , don't sweat it. If you would like I will no longer help anyone on " your thread " . You started it, so I will respect that. I will will stay off your thread. You can continue to choose who, how, and if they get help on your thread. Have fun playing King .
 
VICODAN
Old
#248  
VICODAN's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 475
Posts: 1,686
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
Lets get a few things straight shall we. First off don't overestimate who you are. I am very simply trying to help fellow Shift users. End of story. Second your " Method " ( actually instructions ) is not the be all end all to Rooting a device. As for " your thread " , don't sweat it. If you would like I will no longer help anyone on " your thread " . You started it, so I will respect that. I will will stay off your thread. You can continue to choose who, how, and if they get help on your thread. Have fun playing King .
I just don't want users getting confused, that's all. I never said "stay out of my thread". I appreciate your help.
 
tomp517
Old
(Last edited by tomp517; 21st June 2012 at 12:46 AM.)
#249  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 266
Join Date: Jan 2010
Default Sig Error 132

Every time I try to unlock the bootloader using HTC's method i click on Evo 3d sprint follow the direction and all but after it resets and gets ready to start erasing data, i get error 132 signature error please get correct ROM Update Utility and try again. I've tried multiple times with no success. plz help

Edit: Got it to work
 
tomp517
Old
#250  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 266
Join Date: Jan 2010
Stuck on step 17 on the 2.3.4 process. i cant get the code to work. Im coping it correctly.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes