Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[VIDEO GUIDE] FULL S-OFF ROOT for Evo SHIFT. Froyo (2.2) + Gingerbread (2.3.3+2.3.4)

OP VICODAN

15th June 2012, 11:00 AM   |  #241  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 475

1,686 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper1234

Thanks for the quick response. the Videos were for 2.3. and higher, right?
I am on 2.2, and is suppose to be a easier root. I did it before when I did the root last year.

Should I RUU (your methold) again, before they update the market to "play".
My thinking is they may black list the visionary.apk after the update.

I got it working now, thanks!

Video is directed at 2.3.4 users because it's a lot more difficult.

visionary is included in shift-rootkit.rar

Quote:
Originally Posted by crump84

Give this a try http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1558532

Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969

If your on 2.3.4 there is a Script you can use. Indirect's Script will simplify Rooting. I've posted the Visionary apk several times. I believe once or twice on this thread. But I've attached it again below .

Please stop directing people to other threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27

trying to root my wife's Shift. I think I can follow these steps pretty easily. Man there are a lot, wish it was more like my Epic 4G Touch with simple one clicks. Lousy HTC. Can't these all be wrapped into a single script somehow?

Anyways, does anyone have the original Visionary.apk to download? Google turns up the ModacoVisionaryPlusr14.apk. Are these the same?

Thanks guys, really appreciate the videos and help. Plus the list of ROMs is great.

make sure you are in airplane mode when using visionary
Last edited by VICODAN; 15th June 2012 at 11:02 AM.
15th June 2012, 01:43 PM   |  #242  
Thanks Meter: 317

735 posts
Thanks for the information. I did find it in the rar after I opened it. Haven't started on anything yet, but just getting all my ducks in a row.

Thanks! It's great to see developers for this phone. I had no clue anyone else bought this thing. It needs some love over stock. I've tried to convince her for a year to let me fix this. She's unhappy there's not a fancier new slider available from Sprint. So this is option 2 and Cyanogenmod 7.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
15th June 2012, 02:13 PM   |  #243  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Jose, CA

1,686 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for the information. I did find it in the rar after I opened it. Haven't started on anything yet, but just getting all my ducks in a row.

Thanks! It's great to see developers for this phone. I had no clue anyone else bought this thing. It needs some love over stock. I've tried to convince her for a year to let me fix this. She's unhappy there's not a fancier new slider available from Sprint. So this is option 2 and Cyanogenmod 7.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

newsense!!!
17th June 2012, 04:01 AM   |  #244  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Jose, CA

1,686 posts
Donate to Me
More
Posting this PM since it's a good question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B RAD G 296

where do i get the unlocktoken for the evo shift, in ur first video u were taking about it.

help

www.htcdev.com it's in the written instructions. choose evo 3d
17th June 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #245  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Jose, CA

1,686 posts
Donate to Me
More
Another PM/Answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipp02

VICODAN,

Sorry for the PM. And you are prob. busy but my buddy flashed my EVO shift with cyanogenmod (cm-7.2.0-speedy.zip ) from this page: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?typ...&device=speedy and it works but has nothing on my phone like i used to have. for example that is the main app is the voicemail app. i cant find it on the market because there are so many voicemail apps.

I seen videos of yours and i actually rooted my phone on Thursday using your post and videos and that was a huge help! I thank you for that. But now i have to flash my radio because the service i get is not good and i drop calls and most of the time when i send a text message that is over 2 msgs it will get stuck and say the "message cannot be sent"

I was wondering what exact ROM you have and how would i go about flashing it with what i have on here? because it looks like you had the same unlock feature. my buddy said that cyanogenmod is the best one to use but personally it has nothing on it and most of all it is missing the voicemail and the apps i had.

Is your ROM that you used built off of cyanogenmod? and may i have a direct link? with directions on how to flash the ROM? Do i just boot into recovery and format system, dyliex cache, and cache? Then install .zip and choose the ROM you have been using? or should i stay with this one and find all the apps im missing like all of googles apps, voicemail and some apps i used before i rooted but i forget most of them.

Thanks in advance. It would be great if you can point me into the right direction.

By the way nice to meet you and my name is Dipp.

Thanks again for all your hard work it has helped me get to where i am at now! and sorry once again for the PM.

Flash newSense. CM 7.2 is unstable. Make sure you do a full wipe before flashing.
18th June 2012, 05:04 PM   |  #246  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,946

8,370 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

trying to root my wife's Shift. I think I can follow these steps pretty easily. Man there are a lot, wish it was more like my Epic 4G Touch with simple one clicks. Lousy HTC. Can't these all be wrapped into a single script somehow?

Anyways, does anyone have the original Visionary.apk to download? Google turns up the ModacoVisionaryPlusr14.apk. Are these the same?

Thanks guys, really appreciate the videos and help. Plus the list of ROMs is great.

Wish it was that easy but the reason a script won't work with unlock tokens is because each device has it's very own that will not work on other phones. For example if I were to send you a unlock token for another device and you tried to flash it with fastboot it wouldn't work.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to sparksco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2012, 11:29 PM   |  #247  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 7,086

10,342 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICODAN

Please stop directing people to other threads

Lets get a few things straight shall we. First off don't overestimate who you are. I am very simply trying to help fellow Shift users. End of story. Second your " Method " ( actually instructions ) is not the be all end all to Rooting a device. As for " your thread " , don't sweat it. If you would like I will no longer help anyone on " your thread " . You started it, so I will respect that. I will will stay off your thread. You can continue to choose who, how, and if they get help on your thread. Have fun playing King .
19th June 2012, 01:15 AM   |  #248  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Jose, CA

1,686 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969

Lets get a few things straight shall we. First off don't overestimate who you are. I am very simply trying to help fellow Shift users. End of story. Second your " Method " ( actually instructions ) is not the be all end all to Rooting a device. As for " your thread " , don't sweat it. If you would like I will no longer help anyone on " your thread " . You started it, so I will respect that. I will will stay off your thread. You can continue to choose who, how, and if they get help on your thread. Have fun playing King .

I just don't want users getting confused, that's all. I never said "stay out of my thread". I appreciate your help.
20th June 2012, 09:19 PM   |  #249  
Thanks Meter: 6

266 posts
Sig Error 132
Every time I try to unlock the bootloader using HTC's method i click on Evo 3d sprint follow the direction and all but after it resets and gets ready to start erasing data, i get error 132 signature error please get correct ROM Update Utility and try again. I've tried multiple times with no success. plz help

Edit: Got it to work
Last edited by tomp517; 21st June 2012 at 01:46 AM.
21st June 2012, 04:01 AM   |  #250  
Thanks Meter: 6

266 posts
Stuck on step 17 on the 2.3.4 process. i cant get the code to work. Im coping it correctly.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread