Step by Step 2.2 to 2.3 cm7 upgrade DELL VENUE

OP hirentherock555

7th June 2012, 11:46 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 188

700 posts
Guys.!!! Dell venue n dell streak 5got same rom n environment hardware too just diffrence is venue is Hdpi n dell streak is Mdpi .so why do nt we join hands n make ics work for dell or on other hand u can take advantage of our dell streak 5 formus there r few good roms like longhorn 2.8 with Hdpi support for dell Venue and Dcs 1.1.which supports both hdpi n mdpi just need to edit build.prop n may be kernel....whish u all safe cooking ...n Friends in need friend indeed ..

Max

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda premium
8th June 2012, 09:53 AM   |  #32  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 827

2,036 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://vibrantcm.blogspot.in/p/cm7-status.html
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/4...uteunmute-bug/

In above they seemed to have fixed the mute / unmute issue
Last edited by prasad12ka4; 8th June 2012 at 09:55 AM.
19th June 2012, 01:34 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 2

106 posts
Just wanted to thank you (and everyone who contributed)!
My Venue camera (and all video players) for some reason started to show videos only in B/W instead of color a few months ago. Repeated resets did not help.
So my only chance was to hard reset the device (if the problem is not due to a hard error) and since I have to go through all this work I decided to upgrade the 2.2 to a 2.3.7.
Wow, not only did it fix my video/camera issue, suddenly Amazon MP3 shop started working (with the old 2.2 Android OS listening to music in the shop before buying frequently did not work) and the device seems much more responsive and faster now with no noticeable negative impact on battery live!
My Venue feels like a new, better device now - Thank you so much! Excellent work.
22nd June 2012, 08:55 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrseife

My Venue camera (and all video players) for some reason started to show videos only in B/W instead of color a few months ago.

I have same problem when install "LBE Privacy Guard".
25th June 2012, 12:12 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi.
I have Dell Venue also with problem of random restart and freeze at logo.
Will CM7 fix this issue ? Or reason of release CM7 was just have something better than Andr 2.2.2 ?
Does it means Dell Venue's main issue is software and not hardware?
Or send it to replacement?
1st July 2012, 02:07 AM   |  #36  

1 posts
miui
Hello, does this guide also applicable for MIUI.us_venue_2.4.27_hd instead of cm7? I mean my venue is not rooted and there is no any custom rom, just stock froyo, I am one of the total noob in this stuff as it was described in registration video, so I have planned to set custom rom, but MIUI 2.4, not cw7. Any help will be very appreciated

thanks, with kind regards
1st July 2012, 03:02 AM   |  #37  

4 posts
Just received replacement brand new one from DELL, works nice, i hope it will last longer than first one, ones warranty will expire i'll think about CM7 or laters.
1st July 2012, 03:12 AM   |  #38  
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,546

3,456 posts
If it's brand new, can you tell us what rom was preinstalled on it?
1st July 2012, 08:06 AM   |  #39  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 24

137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsons785

Hello, does this guide also applicable for MIUI.us_venue_2.4.27_hd instead of cm7? I mean my venue is not rooted and there is no any custom rom, just stock froyo, I am one of the total noob in this stuff as it was described in registration video, so I have planned to set custom rom, but MIUI 2.4, not cw7. Any help will be very appreciated

thanks, with kind regards

yes u can use the same procedure to flash miui rom also...instead of selecting cm7...just select miui thats all
3rd July 2012, 02:51 AM   |  #40  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii

If it's brand new, can you tell us what rom was preinstalled on it?

Brand new doesn't means "Just released", just new but i guess released earlier.
How can i find ROM version?

I guess finded it : Version:307, Build:13505, Region:30, Released: Dec 21, 2010, Latest Dell Rom .
So what to pay attention?
How i see there are much higher versions available and latest ones. Do you think it worth to update device ?
Last edited by USGEO; 17th July 2012 at 01:10 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm7.2, dell venue 2.3.7
Previous Thread Next Thread