Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How To] ROOT- Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 [GT-P5113 / 5100 / 5110 & 4.0.4 UPGRADE or OEM]

Tip us?

HippoMan
Old
(Last edited by HippoMan; 16th June 2012 at 10:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 65
Default How to get out of accidental ODIN download mode?

Today I wanted to go into recovery mode on my rooted Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 so I could do a nandroid backup (I originally rooted it via the procedure described in this thread). Instead of booting with the Power and Volume DOWN/LEFT sequence, I accidentally booted up with the Power and Volume UP/RIGHT sequence, which got me into ODIN download mode.

After realizing my mistake, I couldn't figure out how to get out of this mode. I tried the power key and volume key in every combination I could think of, but to no avail, so I finally threw up my hands in frustration and just connected to my PC and went through a re-installation of the recovery image via odin.

If I ever make this mistake again, I really don't want to have to boot up my little-used PC, hook up odin, etc., just to be able to get out of ODIN download mode. Is there any way, once I get into ODIN download mode, to get my tablet to simply reboot normally, without a PC or ODIN being involved?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

weltwon
Old
(Last edited by weltwon; 16th June 2012 at 11:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 452
Angry How to escape from ODIN mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoMan View Post
Today I wanted to go into recovery mode on my rooted Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 so I could do a nandroid backup (I originally rooted it via the procedure described in this thread). Instead of booting with the Power and Volume DOWN/LEFT sequence, I accidentally booted up with the Power and Volume UP/RIGHT sequence, which got me into ODIN download mode.

After realizing my mistake, I couldn't figure out how to get out of this mode. I tried the power key and volume key in every combination I could think of, but to no avail, so I finally threw up my hands in frustration and just connected to my PC and went through a re-installation of the recovery image via odin.

If I ever make this mistake again, I really don't want to have to boot up my little-used PC, hook up odin, etc., just to be able to get out of ODIN download mode. Is there any way, once I get into ODIN download mode, to get my tablet to simply reboot normally, without a PC or ODIN being involved?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Press & hold ONLY the POWER button.

Glenn
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weltwon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HippoMan
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltwon View Post
Press & hold ONLY the POWER button.

Glenn
I thought I did that. I guess I didn't hold it down for long enough. Thanks!

weltwon
Old
(Last edited by weltwon; 18th June 2012 at 05:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 452
As it says in my OP, I will post unrooting instructions when available.

Glenn

wardfan220
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1063

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltwon View Post
Please don't wait. Sell your tablet or become a developer and create your own solution.

Glenn
That's not a very helpful post.

Please (this is for everyone) stop bickering and post in a positive manner, not in the way that the posts I just deleted were in.

Current phone: AT&T Galaxy S4
Retired: HTC Hero, HTC EVO Shift, HTC EVO 3D
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wardfan220 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

weltwon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 452
Angry Unrooting & Counter Reset

If and when I receive instructions or information on unrooting
or resetting the ODIN Download Counter it will be posted in
the OP of this thread.

Thank you,

Glenn
The Following User Says Thank You to weltwon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Patschi_
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Sorry for the question, but I want to go sure, that my one day old P5100 won't brick because I used a wrong version
So I wanted to ask, if it also works with the P5100 on the device version P5100XWALD2.

Thanks for a answer
:: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (GT-P5100) with Cyanogenmod 9.1 and the MetalliKernel ::
:: Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G with Cyanogenmod 9.1 and the Horsepower Kernel ::
:: Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with Cyanogenmod 10.1 and the Stock CM10 Kernel ::

weltwon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 452
Default Rooting P5100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patschi_ View Post
Sorry for the question, but I want to go sure, that my one day old P5100 won't brick because I used a wrong version
So I wanted to ask, if it also works with the P5100 on the device version P5100XWALD2.

Thanks for a answer
I can't guarantee it but, after a month of feedback on this thread and over 24,000 views by visitors, NOBODY has reported "bricking" their P5100, P5110 or P5113 by using my rooting instructions.

Glenn
The Following User Says Thank You to weltwon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

weltwon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 452
Angry Possible WiFi issue for GT-P5110 rooters

after rooting my 5110 i could no longer connect to the Wifi-Hotspot provided by my I9000 (galaxy S) - disconnecte a second after it got its IP.

Going int CWM and "fixing permissions" did fix that

martin

This message above was sent to me via PM from Drachenminister (a new XDA member). Just posting here in case anyone else experiences same issue.

Glenn

weltwon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 452
Angry New CWM's eliminate double image !

To all those who have already rooted using my method in the OP:

Thanks to Codeworkx, we can all eliminate the double image in Recovery.

Go to my OP and you can download new CWM for your GT-P5113, 5100 or 5110.
I have tested this new CWM on my P5113 and it works!

Use ODIN to install EXACTLY the same way you installed the original CWM on your Tab2 10.1 (instructions in OP).

Glenn