Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

DINC2 Flashlight / Torch - Not Bright Enough?

OP dirkdigles

20th April 2012, 07:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 141

436 posts
Hey all -

When I upgraded to the dinc2 I came from the original dinc (actually gave it to a buddy of mine).

Anyway - we were comparing phones and the Torch / flashlight on the dinc is SO MUCH BRIGHTER than the dinc2. The DINC on "low" is the same brightness as the dinc2 on "high," and the DINC on "high" is not even comparable - it's so much brighter. The dinc2 low vs high almost seems the same.

Anyone else notice this? Does the original Dinc just have a much brighter flash / leds than the Dinc2? Or is the torch app on the Dinc2 not working correctly?
The Following User Says Thank You to dirkdigles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 07:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag Titusville
Thanks Meter: 348

1,353 posts
Donate to Me
More
Honestly never cared to notice. Its bright enough for me. Urs could be dirty or the led's could be dying..

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium
20th April 2012, 10:37 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 63

423 posts
Unless it's a defect on your specific phone, I have found that other apps make the light brighter.

Try using tesla led and see if that works better. My light is super bright and i've had no issues.
21st April 2012, 06:17 AM   |  #4  
Flag milwaukee area
Thanks Meter: 16

97 posts
More
I have always like the Brightest Flashlight App. Works great and I've never had issues with it. Hella bright IMO!
21st April 2012, 09:11 AM   |  #5  
Flag Inman
Thanks Meter: 110

922 posts
More
I know most of us hopefully none of us have this issue. I run into a lot of customers who say there camera sucks or flash sucks and it is due to them not removing the clear film that protects the camera and led during shipping.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using xda premium
12th June 2012, 11:33 PM   |  #6  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Thank you!
I have scoured the web, and I cant seem to find anyone else with this issue. I too am an ex-DInc user and upgraded to to Inc2, both were flashed with cm7. The inc2's torch app is exponentially dimmer than the DInc1's, its really bugging me and I'm considering trying to find out how to modify a flashlight app to tweak it or something. I posted a thread on the CM forums as well, so if I do get an update I'll try to follow up on this post too.
19th June 2012, 08:17 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 8,139

2,583 posts
More
My wife has a dinc and I also agree that her leds are brighter but I think the high setting on cm7 or cm9 are bright enough for me

Sent from my paranoid Incredible 2
19th June 2012, 08:43 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 141

436 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperphoenix19

I have scoured the web, and I cant seem to find anyone else with this issue. I too am an ex-DInc user and upgraded to to Inc2, both were flashed with cm7. The inc2's torch app is exponentially dimmer than the DInc1's, its really bugging me and I'm considering trying to find out how to modify a flashlight app to tweak it or something. I posted a thread on the CM forums as well, so if I do get an update I'll try to follow up on this post too.

Finally someone who agrees! I think most don't have the 2 phones side-by-side so its hard to make a comparison. I'm guessing that the LEDs in the dinc2 just aren't as powerful as the dinc1.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread