Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 43,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DINC2 Flashlight / Torch - Not Bright Enough?

Tip us?

dirkdigles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 131
Default DINC2 Flashlight / Torch - Not Bright Enough?

Hey all -

When I upgraded to the dinc2 I came from the original dinc (actually gave it to a buddy of mine).

Anyway - we were comparing phones and the Torch / flashlight on the dinc is SO MUCH BRIGHTER than the dinc2. The DINC on "low" is the same brightness as the dinc2 on "high," and the DINC on "high" is not even comparable - it's so much brighter. The dinc2 low vs high almost seems the same.

Anyone else notice this? Does the original Dinc just have a much brighter flash / leds than the Dinc2? Or is the torch app on the Dinc2 not working correctly?
If my post helped you, hit the thanks button!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-i747
ROM: Stock NE4 Debloated
Kernel: Stock or KT747
The Following User Says Thank You to dirkdigles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faehsemc
Old
Thanks Meter 348

DONATE TO ME
Honestly never cared to notice. Its bright enough for me. Urs could be dirty or the led's could be dying..

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

jrizk07
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Unless it's a defect on your specific phone, I have found that other apps make the light brighter.

Try using tesla led and see if that works better. My light is super bright and i've had no issues.

T3CH9ICIAN
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I have always like the Brightest Flashlight App. Works great and I've never had issues with it. Hella bright IMO!

zax10
Old
Thanks Meter 97
I know most of us hopefully none of us have this issue. I run into a lot of customers who say there camera sucks or flash sucks and it is due to them not removing the clear film that protects the camera and led during shipping.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using xda premium
Searching is easy. Making people angry that you didn't search is even easier. Use XDA on browser if you have trouble searching.

Make Visual Voice Mail work on any custom rom.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1523657

Hyperphoenix19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank you!

I have scoured the web, and I cant seem to find anyone else with this issue. I too am an ex-DInc user and upgraded to to Inc2, both were flashed with cm7. The inc2's torch app is exponentially dimmer than the DInc1's, its really bugging me and I'm considering trying to find out how to modify a flashlight app to tweak it or something. I posted a thread on the CM forums as well, so if I do get an update I'll try to follow up on this post too.

bsmitty83
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7,406
My wife has a dinc and I also agree that her leds are brighter but I think the high setting on cm7 or cm9 are bright enough for me

Sent from my paranoid Incredible 2

dirkdigles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperphoenix19 View Post
I have scoured the web, and I cant seem to find anyone else with this issue. I too am an ex-DInc user and upgraded to to Inc2, both were flashed with cm7. The inc2's torch app is exponentially dimmer than the DInc1's, its really bugging me and I'm considering trying to find out how to modify a flashlight app to tweak it or something. I posted a thread on the CM forums as well, so if I do get an update I'll try to follow up on this post too.
Finally someone who agrees! I think most don't have the 2 phones side-by-side so its hard to make a comparison. I'm guessing that the LEDs in the dinc2 just aren't as powerful as the dinc1.
If my post helped you, hit the thanks button!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-i747
ROM: Stock NE4 Debloated
Kernel: Stock or KT747