Aluminum Bumper for the HTC ONE X

10th June 2012, 03:27 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 8

86 posts
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089DWA76

I bought this and is pretty nice. Even comes with a screen protector.

I was going to get this one but the price is cheaper so i went with the cheap one. But the "Composite Poly-carbonate shell" sounds pretty cool.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089DRQL6
Last edited by jxl92182; 10th June 2012 at 03:33 AM.
10th June 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 724

1,587 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxl92182

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089DWA76

I bought this and is pretty nice. Even comes with a screen protector.

I was going to get this one but the price is cheaper so i went with the cheap one. But the "Composite Poly-carbonate shell" sounds pretty cool.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089DRQL6

both have nothing to do with this thread. and rock looks infinite amount better

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
11th June 2012, 08:28 PM   |  #23  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 23

118 posts
More
I ordered one of the Aluminium Bumpers but in Blue.. Hopefully it'll be here for the end of the week, but I am glad to hear a relatively positive review of it in advance as I was a little apprehensive!
12th June 2012, 12:44 PM   |  #24  
Flag Manchester

118 posts
More
Surprisingly my aluminium bumper arrived about 15 minutes ago.. I was hoping that it would arrive by the end of the week, but I was pleasantly surprised that it came today!

I've only had the case on for the said 15 minutes but my initial impressions are positive. It does move round a little in the case so I'm going to take the time to add some more insulation, primarily under the front sliding bezel just to protect the front glass.. This should also help hold the phone in place.

Besides that though the case is well machined and generally speaking good quality. The front bezel has a slight gap at the edges but this is difficult to try and remedy due to the design of the case and how the front bezel actually slides into place. I might try and bend the edges down slightly, it really is hardly noticeable though. It's not an overly thick case but obviously being aluminium it is chunkier than many other molded cases your likely to find, but then you expect that of an aluminium case. The buttons feel really great as they're made from a soft silicone, so I'd say they are 90% the feeling of standard which is perfect for me as I find I am always hitting the volume +/- by accident, ultimately though they feel really tactile and responsive.

I'll keep you posted
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashalak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2012, 08:02 PM   |  #25  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 7

75 posts
More
post pics, I'm thinking of picking up another one.. this time the gunmetal/silver one.
13th June 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #26  
Flag Manchester

118 posts
More
I will try and get some pictures tomorrow, unfortunately my digital camera broke ages back and ever since I've made do with my phone.. Needless to say I may find it difficult to take decent pictures with that .

I packed the front bezel out with some thin 2mm masking tape today, it took a little while to get it right using multiple layers but now my phone fits rock solid in the case and has little to no movement at all. I ended up having to use more at the bottom of the phone rather than the top, but it needed it all the way round regardless. To be honest I was hoping this would be the case, I didn't want it so fit so tightly that it may damage the phone and you can always add extra insulation like I have should you wish to protect and insulate the phone more.

The only other couple issues I would perhaps suggest people may experience is the holes which have been made for the micro USB lead and the headphone jack. Both of which are a little small, although for me my SkullCandy headphones just about fit in as does the standard HTC supplied micro USB lead. Bigger aftermarket micro USB leads may be a little bit of an issue though unless your happy to trim the micro USB lead down. It would also be quite easy to modify the headphone jack if this is a problem with your own headphones, you'd just have to enlarge the hole with a handheld drill to the right size.

Overall though I am very happy, it looks the nuts!
19th June 2012, 10:52 PM   |  #27  
Flag Manchester

118 posts
More
Forgot all about the pictures

19th June 2012, 10:59 PM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 724