[APP][Team.Fluxion]XP Mod Launcher (beta) [WinXP Launcher for Android]

Search This thread

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011
Disclaimer: I am not a spokesperson for team.fluxion nor do I have any affiliation to them whatsoever. The app stated in this post is simply a public service announcement to those that enjoy/want the Windows PC experience on their Android powered device. All rights of this app goes to its respective owners.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever wanted to get a PC quality experience on your Android powered device, then look no further! Windows XP is now on Android, well sort of. Thanks to the people in team.fluxion, who is no stranger to the development scene and has been pumping out applications since the good old windows mobile PPC days (Windows Mobile 5/6.x for the youngins reading this), as well as Windows desktop applications, we can now get a taste of Windows XP on our device, and for FREE :). To save time, I will just use the description from their official Google Play page:

A legendary application for Windows Mobile Pocket PCs is back for Android as a launcher that imitates the look and feel of Microsoft Windows XP right on your Android device. It lets you explore your file system and open different file formats using default programs as assigned in your device. It also provides the common file system operations like copy, cut, paste and delete.

Short sweet and simple, right :). This app is brand new (like first release new, hence the "beta" tag it's sporting) but it is amazing, and is very functional and fun for a beta release. I am running this on both my Evo 3D (qHD [540x960 resolution] screen, a bit small, but for those who are android tech savvy with some system partitions root permissions, just modify your build prop on the "ro.sf.lcd_density" line and add 40 to whatever your number is, or experiment with it different numbers. I think there's an app on the market for LCD density modification, too) and my Velocity Micro t408 cruz (its an 8 inch tablet, so no modification is really needed. I set my LCD density to 140 to make the status bar smaller though and it gives you a bit more screen real estate). Without further ado, here is the download link, completely free!

Download it here (Play Store Link) XP Mod Launcher

Oh and P.S. - They have a Windows XP boot animation that's cool too, check it out (surf their website, too) WinXP Boot Animation Android

Last edited:

safeelhd2

Jan 12, 2010
Bradford
Installed this. I think it wors really well, looks awesome.

Only thing i dont like is the windows startup sound everytime i turn the screen on when phone is on silent!

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
This is really good. If there was a way to hide the status bar, without XPMods base distorting on my kindle fire, this could fool quite a few people.

dodgebizkit

does this need a rooted phone?

Sorry for the ignorant question - but up til now with ICS being finaly an "up-to-par" (by my standards) and there actualy being hardware good enough to run it really nicely, ive always hated using android, hated the android experience completely, but now im thinking of getting my first android phone (galaxy s3) in a month or so and am wondering if i can use this kind of thing on it without rooting... im hoping not, thats the one thing i really waant out of android that i cant get on my iphone or windows phone, the really crazy apps like this without needing a jailbreak or a custom rom/interim unlock, those things make the phones very unstable in my experience and prefer to keep them stock

curodot

Mar 10, 2012
Wow. It's fun using a whole new type of launcher every once in a while.
Though there have been apps that I can't open but I guess it's to be expected since the launcher is still in beta stage. :)

Intellectua1

May 8, 2012
Seattle, Wa.
I love it.. Only problem is when I launch the app it automatically goes to landscape mode and half the screen is cut off.. I can't figure out why... Galaxy Note running The Only One From..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011

Sorry for the ignorant question - but up til now with ICS being finaly an "up-to-par" (by my standards) and there actualy being hardware good enough to run it really nicely, ive always hated using android, hated the android experience completely, but now im thinking of getting my first android phone (galaxy s3) in a month or so and am wondering if i can use this kind of thing on it without rooting... im hoping not, thats the one thing i really waant out of android that i cant get on my iphone or windows phone, the really crazy apps like this without needing a jailbreak or a custom rom/interim unlock, those things make the phones very unstable in my experience and prefer to keep them stock

I'm rooted, but the app doesn't state that it needs root

no probs :) feel free to hit the thx button lol

I love it.. Only problem is when I launch the app it automatically goes to landscape mode and half the screen is cut off.. I can't figure out why... Galaxy Note running The Only One From..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

The app is built to be like xp and just like pc screens it needs landscape.!

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

nazfalas

Mar 23, 2010
This is really great, but tough to use on my Nexus One's Screen. Would love to have a long-press function for right click, though.

Really feels amazingly like Windows XP. :D

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
Installed this. I think it wors really well, looks awesome.

Only thing i dont like is the windows startup sound everytime i turn the screen on when phone is on silent!

this is happening with me too, every time i turn the display on or o i get windows sound? lov the sound just not every time i display switch. great launcher though :D

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011
This is not available for HVGA?

Ummm YMMV, I use an HVGA 3vo so I couldn't tell you

Wow that is cool i was fooling my gf with this app

did it to my grandma and now she despises her iPhone ;) lmao

Would be cool if 'My Pictures' opened the gallery.

May be a future implementation. Email TF and see what they say.! :)

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

koreanschoolkid

Mar 27, 2011
Succasunna, NJ

I'm not really sure by what you mean by "unstable" but the launcher does not require root. I have unrooted and launched with no problems and rooted and launched with no problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I am not a spokesperson for team.fluxion nor do I have any affiliation to them whatsoever. The app stated in this post is simply a public service announcement to those that enjoy/want the Windows PC experience on their Android powered device. All rights of this app goes to its respective owners.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever wanted to get a PC quality experience on your Android powered device, then look no further! Windows XP is now on Android, well sort of. Thanks to the people in team.fluxion, who is no stranger to the development scene and has been pumping out applications since the good old windows mobile PPC days (Windows Mobile 5/6.x for the youngins reading this), as well as Windows desktop applications, we can now get a taste of Windows XP on our device, and for FREE :). To save time, I will just use the description from their official Google Play page:

A legendary application for Windows Mobile Pocket PCs is back for Android as a launcher that imitates the look and feel of Microsoft Windows XP right on your Android device. It lets you explore your file system and open different file formats using default programs as assigned in your device. It also provides the common file system operations like copy, cut, paste and delete.

Short sweet and simple, right :). This app is brand new (like first release new, hence the "beta" tag it's sporting) but it is amazing, and is very functional and fun for a beta release. I am running this on both my Evo 3D (qHD [540x960 resolution] screen, a bit small, but for those who are android tech savvy with some system partitions root permissions, just modify your build prop on the "ro.sf.lcd_density" line and add 40 to whatever your number is, or experiment with it different numbers. I think there's an app on the market for LCD density modification, too) and my Velocity Micro t408 cruz (its an 8 inch tablet, so no modification is really needed. I set my LCD density to 140 to make the status bar smaller though and it gives you a bit more screen real estate). Without further ado, here is the download link, completely free!

Download it here (Play Store Link) XP Mod Launcher

Oh and P.S. - They have a Windows XP boot animation that's cool too, check it out (surf their website, too) WinXP Boot Animation Android
    I'm actually quite impressed. It looks and feels like the real thing.

It's missing the authentic crash every 20 minutes though. ;)

Cheers for the share.

Regards.
    Well if the Dev doesnt mind me posting, I downloaded it a while back for my Play.. and kept the APK on my PC incase I ever needed it :p
    You then select the "default" by checking the box, and choose which launcher to make as your default. I would recommend you don't make this your default yet though, it's too limited in functionality to serve as the launcher 100% of the time, but is certainly proof of concept and lots of fun to play with!

If you checked the default launcher checkbox, then use All Programs from Start menu to go to Settings and from there go to Application -> Manage Applications and choose XP Mod. Then click Clear defaults button. This will forget about XP Mod being your default launcher and when you press your Home button you'll be asked to choose a launcher ;)
    PS: I love XP Mod! I'm checking for a newer version every hour :)
    Microsoft threw a ***** fit (-.-)

http://www.teamfluxion.com/Downloads.aspx

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app