View Poll Results: In future, CM or Sense Kernel?
CM 16 72.73%
Sense 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

★[DISCONTINUED!][PRIMOU-KERNEL][3.0.46][BUILD•7.5]★TITANIUM KERNEL™★Speed!★

OP Adi_Pat

20th June 2012, 03:16 AM   |  #401  
Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 27,853

5,563 posts
Donate to Me
More
^^your phone is obviously not stable at 2GHz. You'll have to settle for 1.5GHz, which is still an amazing 50% overclock.
Or, use the latest kernel that boots at 1GHz but allows setting the frequency up to 2GHz, and see how high you can take it, testing each step of the way. You might get 1.7, 1.8 or 1.9.
Last edited by flar2; 20th June 2012 at 03:21 AM.
20th June 2012, 03:30 AM   |  #402  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 31

182 posts
More
About the underclocking to 768, the battery saving effect is in direct relation to the voltage specific to the cpu frequency. Coming from optimus one P500, I remember Franciscofranco explaining exemple that for that phone, any frequencies under 480 mhz were at the same voltage so it was no use to put the minimum frequency lower than that as it would basically be the same drain on the battery and more sluggish performances. On the other hand, my transformer prime goes all the way from 102 mhz up to 1.6 ghz in performance mode, though it mainly stays around 400 mhz minimum. For our phone, I put my minimum at 245 mhz and using Cooltool to monitor in real time my frequencies when the phone is only playing background music exemple it goes naturaly down to that frequency and as soon as I touch the screen there is a cpu usage spike and it rev up the frequency, to where I put my max at about 1.4 ghz. It does not feel more sluggish because it goes really fast to 1.4 and at the same time it goes by itself at lower frequencies and so less battery used.

As far as putting my maximum to 768 mhz, to save battery I guess it would depends on the exact voltage for the frequencies used. If it's the same at 768 and at 1.024 ghz, then there is no benefits from underclocking and it make the phone more slow as well. I do not know how to verify the voltage by frequencies for our kernels. Should be easy to find out.

Monitoring conservative governor versus lionheart, I find that lionheart governor is more reactive, going up and coming down faster so I prefer it to conservative even for battery savings. It is quicker to get down to my minimum 245mhz and so is the best of both worlds, fast cpu when I need it and also able to just cycle slow when idling or no touchscreen used. Cooltool on the market is really useful to get your own opinion on real life usage of governors. On our phone there is also this classic cpu spike to about 90%-100% when touching the screen but it was and endless debate on that other phone on fluidity and performance of scrolling versus battery saving. Maybe it is an android thing.

Sent from my HTC One V using my Dog
The Following User Says Thank You to Mangala_Dharma For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2012, 03:37 AM   |  #403  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 179

835 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flar2

^^your phone is obviously not stable at 2GHz. You'll have to settle for 1.5GHz, which is still an amazing 50% overclock.
Or, use the latest kernel that boots at 1GHz but allows setting the frequency up to 2GHz, and see how high you can take it, testing each step of the way. You might get 1.7, 1.8 or 1.9.

Dude my question Is I set on boot to 1ghz so why this happened to me....and also I can't access play store it fc every time....I can't open play store help....and where that latest kernel which boots on 1 ghz??

Sent from my HTC One V using xda premium
Last edited by handryg555; 20th June 2012 at 03:41 AM.
20th June 2012, 07:35 AM   |  #404  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3,601

1,210 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by handryg555

Dude my question Is I set on boot to 1ghz so why this happened to me....and also I can't access play store it fc every time....I can't open play store help....and where that latest kernel which boots on 1 ghz??

Sent from my HTC One V using xda premium

Wait for Build#4 I am busy with exams now. And he is right. Underclocking will only save battery if the frequency steps are undervolted. There is slight undervolt on stock freq.

PS: Underclocking doesnt cause any harm. Overclocking does cause harm. And remember, 2Ghz can burn out the processor so be careful when using it.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App
20th June 2012, 07:36 AM   |  #405  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3,601

1,210 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangala_Dharma

About the underclocking to 768, the battery saving effect is in direct relation to the voltage specific to the cpu frequency. Coming from optimus one P500, I remember Franciscofranco explaining exemple that for that phone, any frequencies under 480 mhz were at the same voltage so it was no use to put the minimum frequency lower than that as it would basically be the same drain on the battery and more sluggish performances. On the other hand, my transformer prime goes all the way from 102 mhz up to 1.6 ghz in performance mode, though it mainly stays around 400 mhz minimum. For our phone, I put my minimum at 245 mhz and using Cooltool to monitor in real time my frequencies when the phone is only playing background music exemple it goes naturaly down to that frequency and as soon as I touch the screen there is a cpu usage spike and it rev up the frequency, to where I put my max at about 1.4 ghz. It does not feel more sluggish because it goes really fast to 1.4 and at the same time it goes by itself at lower frequencies and so less battery used.

As far as putting my maximum to 768 mhz, to save battery I guess it would depends on the exact voltage for the frequencies used. If it's the same at 768 and at 1.024 ghz, then there is no benefits from underclocking and it make the phone more slow as well. I do not know how to verify the voltage by frequencies for our kernels. Should be easy to find out.

Monitoring conservative governor versus lionheart, I find that lionheart governor is more reactive, going up and coming down faster so I prefer it to conservative even for battery savings. It is quicker to get down to my minimum 245mhz and so is the best of both worlds, fast cpu when I need it and also able to just cycle slow when idling or no touchscreen used. Cooltool on the market is really useful to get your own opinion on real life usage of governors. On our phone there is also this classic cpu spike to about 90%-100% when touching the screen but it was and endless debate on that other phone on fluidity and performance of scrolling versus battery saving. Maybe it is an android thing.

Sent from my HTC One V using my Dog

You saved me five minutes of explanation! Thanx for explaining in detail

20th June 2012, 08:00 AM   |  #406  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 5,453

4,867 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_Pat

PS: Underclocking doesnt cause any harm. Overclocking does cause harm. And remember, 2Ghz can burn out the processor so be careful when using it.

I don't believe this could happen. Only if the cpu is a faulty hardware and it cracks up. And if it does burn out your processor, you should put a BIG RED WARNING SIGN on the OP page, to avoid any further problems. Many users here are new to android and they barely know how to flash a kernel, so hints like these should be good for noobs.

I was running my One V at 2ghz all day with no problems but I found out that at 1.9ghz it is much more speedy than the last step and much more points in benchmarking (although this is not relevant), until I needed to return my phone to store and now I'm waiting to pick up a new one.
20th June 2012, 10:10 AM   |  #407  
Thanks Meter: 4,588

4,381 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_Pat

Wait for Build#4 I am busy with exams now.

If someone really needs a "1GHz boot" enabled build earlier
I can provide one in the meantime. Just includes the latest change
from Adi_Pat and is max 1.5GHz

Just tell me

regards

max
20th June 2012, 11:40 AM   |  #408  
Flag Mumbai

835 posts
Donate to Me
More
i tried again but this time from no frills cpu i set 1 ghz set on boot but when i flashed 2.0 ghz kernel then it freezed on startup screen....but 1.5 ghz kernel is running smoothly so
@maxwen can you provide 2ghz kernel which will have default 1ghz??
20th June 2012, 01:14 PM   |  #409  
Thanks Meter: 4,588

4,381 posts
Donate to Me
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by handryg555

@maxwen can you provide 2ghz kernel which will have default 1ghz??

Can do it tonight MET when I am back@home

But - Actually it would be better if only Adi_Pat provides builds to that we
dont create other issues by providing builds from different people.
So I will do this only in real emergency cases

regards

max
The Following User Says Thank You to maxwen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2012, 01:30 PM   |  #410  
Flag Mumbai

835 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwen

Hi

Can do it tonight MET when I am back@home

But - Actually it would be better if only Adi_Pat provides builds to that we
dont create other issues by providing builds from different people.
So I will do this only in real emergency cases

regards

max

so dude can you pm me i really need it and i think it may help many people like me....
regards

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread