Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 50,198 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] is it possible to install windows 7 on Acer A500 tablet?

Tip us?

erica_renee
Old
Thanks Meter 497

DONATE TO ME
To get around the country thing. you might be able to use a IP Redirect site. There are many of them for people who play games online but do not have a Static ip address to host from.. A service like that could work.I just know you have to very carefully understand your ISPs acceptable use policy with spoofed ip. thou your not trying to steal something some isps here in the us sees it as such. Has a issue with my teenage son years back. He did not know we owned static addresses and Domain names . DAAA THE WEB SERVERS IN THE BASEMENT Dont give that away .
They are my Nexus 7,Note 10.1 and Note 2 phone.
Get your own.Play nice and follow the rules or you WILL end up in the knob jail Cell

querobolo
Old
Thanks Meter 31
i dream with the windows 7 in my a500

diiorio
Old
Thanks Meter 1
There is a limitation to Windows 7 based tablets. They are not full fledged versions of windows 7. You won't get the same function of a laptop, let alone a high end laptop.

You can scan, print, and fax from an android based tablet. You need a supproted printer/scanner that can work via wifi, and proper apps to do web based or network based faxing.

Don't expect direct use of a Faxfinder/MSfax support on a windows based tab.

garvus
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Iconia dual boot app from play market

Why not use geeknizer.com/install-run-ubuntu-on-android?

A google play app that installs a 3.5gb image ....you can even still make phone calls.

Just curious why this would be a BAD option.

Thanks.
Tags
change os, install, windows 7