Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,797 Members 51,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WIP][DEV] S-Off [off-topic discussion prohibited]

Tip us?

Loneeagle14
Old
(Last edited by Loneeagle14; 20th June 2012 at 08:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottspa74 View Post
You all at&t guys? That sucks for you. On Evo LTE (which is superior hardware-wise, and aesthetically, to the One X) we have htcdev unlock, AND it allows us to flash kernels, ROMs and splash screens. So it's really NOT like being s-off (oh yeah, we can flash radios, too) . HTC didn't F you, AT&T did. Move yo sprint if you hive a sh1t about Modding.

sent from a shining jewel 4g LTE
How's that LTE working out for ya? Oh wait...
I got tired of sprints joke of a network. Best I had ever gotten 3g wise was 800kbps and wimax was pathetic. So don't pity us. We can use all of our phones hardware.

On the other hand, I'm loving the 40Mbps I'm getting now.

corythug
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneeagle14 View Post
How's that LTE working out for ya? Oh wait...
I got tired of sprints joke of a network. Best I had ever gotten 3g wise was 800kbps and wimax was pathetic. So don't pity us. We can use all of our phones hardware.

On the other hand, I'm loving the 40Mbps I'm getting now.
Truth, I just jumped from sprint and chose this over the evo lte. No regrets whatsoever.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

designgears
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 8,679

DONATE TO ME
what output do you get when you try to run;

fastboot oem writesecureflag 0
"haters can make like bees with no stingers, and drop dead" -Eminem

Follow me on Twitter!

broncogr
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4,197
OK guys, I have cleaned the thread a bit.
Some people's attitude and language are totally unacceptable.
What the point in turning this thread in a flame war?
Are you going to get closer to S-off by doing that?
Consider this a warning...

Current Device: HTC ONE M8
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to broncogr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

expertzero1
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Quote:
You all at&t guys? That sucks for you. On Evo LTE (which is superior hardware-wise, and aesthetically, to the One X) we have htcdev unlock, AND it allows us to flash kernels, ROMs and splash screens. So it's really NOT like being s-off (oh yeah, we can flash radios, too) . HTC didn't F you, AT&T did. Move yo sprint if you hive a sh1t about Modding.

Not sure of serious
Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

K4get
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogr View Post
OK guys, I have cleaned the thread a bit.
Some people's attitude and language are totally unacceptable.
What the point in turning this thread in a flame war?
Are you going to get closer to S-off by doing that?
Consider this a warning...
Thanks you. For the much needed moderation.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
HtcOneMax=unlocked=Rooted=S-OFF
"Hboot" 2.46.000
"radio" 1.35.50.1028
"firmware" 1.16.651.2
[ROM]snake bitten venomous One Max

Htc Inspire 4G=Unlocked=Rooted=S-OFF=""Retired""
[ROM] Ice cold sandwich 8.5 final

Htc One XL=Unlocked=Rooted=S-OFF
"firmware" 3.18.?????
"Hboot" 2.15.0000
"Radio" 1.31
[ROM]Venom ViperXL 4.2.0 for AT&T HTC One XL - evita

Kindle fire = unlocked=rooted=TWRP
twa_priv [ROM] [4.4.2] CM11.0/SGT7 for the Kindle Fire [20131215]

The Following User Says Thank You to K4get For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

h8rift
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9,810

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

The funny part about this comment is.....

We can flash all of those things too. The only thing we are unable to do, which everyone wants S-Off for is:

* Get rid of tampered/relocked message
* Not have HTCDEV have a list of your phone in their database (a list of warranty forfeitures).

Thats all. Thats all this whining, complaining, cracking your phone open, etc. is for.

So how about everyone that info about where these guys are at and what they are doing just simply.....go to the IRC channel they are working in and get the info there. I do agree with nugzo that I would NOT be posting such a 'hardcore mod' with such a high possibility of failure here until it is 100% proven and completed.

I really am rooting for anyone able to S-Off this device....but its really not necessary unless you want to lie about your warranty to be honest at this point .

Good luck to everyone, and lets just stop posting here in general unless you are ACTUALLY contributing to this (or maybe not at all until there are actual findings).

Thanks,
-h8
If you like my work or if I've helped you, please consider the "Thanks" button or donate if you wish. Join #cm-htc on Freenode to chat about CM HTC devices!

HTC One - M8 - CyanogenMod: 11.0
HTC One - XL - CyanogenMod: 11.0 | 10.2 | 10.1 | 10 | 9
HTC One - VX - *coming soon*
HTC First - *coming soon*

Previous Work:
HTC One - M7 - CyanogenMod: 11.0 | 10.2 | 10.1 -- Maintainer: intervigil
HTC One Mini - CyanogenMod: 11.0 -- Maintainer: u-ra
HTC Vivid 4G - CyanogenMod 10 -- Support halted.

Data needed to troubleshoot CM issues
The Following User Says Thank You to h8rift For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JeepFreak
Old
(Last edited by JeepFreak; 20th June 2012 at 02:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by designgears View Post
what output do you get when you try to run;

fastboot oem writesecureflag 0
Code:
billy:~/android$ fastboot oem writesecureflag 0
(bootloader)  elite_init_sd, SD card already power on
(bootloader) sdhw_7xxx_open: id=0
(bootloader) [SD_HW_ERR] SD: No device attached
(bootloader) 902910 902E20
FAILED (status read failed (No such device))
finished. total time: 6.260s
And then Fastboot locks up. If I try 'fastboot oem h' or anything else, it just says <waiting for device> and I have to hold the power button to get it to restart.

HTH,
Billy
The Following User Says Thank You to JeepFreak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PeartFan40
Old
(Last edited by PeartFan40; 21st June 2012 at 05:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,405
Ok, thread has been cleaned up again. From thid point forward, I don't want to see anymore bickering, flaming, or disruptive behavior. If you see anybody being disruptive, DO NOT engage or participate, just report it, and one of us Mods will deal with it. Engaging in disruptive behavior only makes things worse. Let's all show respect to the OP for his work. The next person who is disruptive will receive an infraction.

With that said, have fun, and please be.respectful to each other.

Thread Re-Opened.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"~Rush

Sent from my HTC One X, using XDA Premium.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PeartFan40 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JeepFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 204
OK, so I'm nearly certain that 0x8400 in mmcblk0p3 is the S-OFF bit, as was discussed a while back (page ~80 or so). I believe I found the tampered flag and the unlocked bootloader flag too. By dumping my partitions, then unlocking for the first time, dumping again, relocking, and dumping a third time. I then hashed all the dumps and compared them. Then I compared the images where the hashes that didn't match.

0x8400 is '00' on the two S-OFF devices we have dumps from, and it's '03' from every other phone I've checked, regardless of if it's locked, unlocked, or re-locked. '0' and '3' are consistant with the 'fastboot oem writesecurityflag' command too.

Everything else, on every partition, is either inconsistent on devices of similar security status, or it changes from lock to unlock to relock.

To reiterate what was said earlier in this thread in the interest of organization, I've tried dd'ing a modified version mmcblk0p3 and it seems to complete successfully, but you can pull it again immediately afterwards and it's unchanged. I tried "cat mmcblk0p3.img > /dev/block/mmcblk0p3", which either froze or powered off my phone at some point in the process, but that didn't work either.

The permissions of /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 is BRW------ root.root, but I tried chmod'ing it 777, but that didn't help anything.

Do we know anything else about mmcblk0p3? What else is contained within it? It's a big file 130mb. If we can determine when the device is expecting it to be modified, maybe we can take advantage and modify it ourselves.

Billy

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe