FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

Recovery Mode WT19i

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By lobo115, Junior Member on 21st June 2012, 10:36 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello, i have a question ┐how can i enter to recovery mode in wt19 and what i need to do it?, i try with power and menu, power and camara, power and vol down, power and vol up, power an vol down and vol up, power and vol down several times, even power and walkman, i could flash it with .62 and rooting it, but i want to know if there is a way to boot in recovery. THZ
I dont unlock bootloader, but a friend have a galaxy with bootloader locked and he can user recovery mode.

EDIT
Sorry i did install a custorm kernell and a custom rom, and i forget edit this post, Thank you very much and sorry for inconveniences.
Last edited by lobo115; 11th July 2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Solved
 
 
21st June 2012, 10:41 PM |#2  
andro-SYR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 200
 
More
Did u install cwm?what firmware u have?
Cus if u have cwm simply power ur phone and keep pressing vol down

Sent from my WT19i using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to andro-SYR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2012, 10:43 PM |#3  
gandhar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Goa
Thanks Meter: 681
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo115

Hello, i have a question ┐how can i enter to recovery mode in wt19 and what i need to do it?, i try with power and menu, power and camara, power and vol down, power and vol up, power an vol down and vol up, power and vol down several times, even power and walkman, i could flash it with .62 and rooting it, but i want to know if there is a way to boot in recovery. THZ
I dont unlock bootloader, but a friend have a galaxy with bootloader locked and he can user recovery mode.

wt19i does not have a built in recovery like the samsung phones.
you have to install it.
if you have root already, then proceed to this thread and follow instructions.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1345741

browse the last few pages of that thread, i believe somebody has got it working.
The Following User Says Thank You to gandhar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2012, 12:23 AM |#4  
loCe45's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Varazdin
Thanks Meter: 136
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo115

Hello, i have a question ┐how can i enter to recovery mode in wt19 and what i need to do it?, i try with power and menu, power and camara, power and vol down, power and vol up, power an vol down and vol up, power and vol down several times, even power and walkman, i could flash it with .62 and rooting it, but i want to know if there is a way to boot in recovery. THZ
I dont unlock bootloader, but a friend have a galaxy with bootloader locked and he can user recovery mode.

Unless you're talking about CWM recovery (keep pressing repeatedly volume down when you see Sony logo, until you enter CWM), there's also a so called 'safe mode', check this thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loCe45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2012, 03:00 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Chitre
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thankz
Thankz everybody,cwm works perfec to me, i Thought it have its own built recovery, thz
18th September 2012, 07:11 PM |#6  
othar.pl's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I'm looking for recovery lor my sony wt19i with official 4.0.4(4.1.B.0.587) android.
Phone is already rooted, I got Rom Manager, and I would like to install CM9.1

The only recovery I found was for 2.3 android only. Ao I did not try to install it.
Can you provide me a link or guide me what should I do?

Yes I am noob, but will be thankfull.
18th September 2012, 07:28 PM |#7  
mihahn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,236
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by othar.pl

I'm looking for recovery lor my sony wt19i with official 4.0.4(4.1.B.0.587) android.
Phone is already rooted, I got Rom Manager, and I would like to install CM9.1

The only recovery I found was for 2.3 android only. Ao I did not try to install it.
Can you provide me a link or guide me what should I do?

Yes I am noob, but will be thankfull.

You can't install cyanogenmod before you have unlocked your bootloader. You can unlock by official sony method for developers (look in my signature for a guide) or by testpoint method. Otherwise you can't install a rom for unlocked bootloader because you aren't able to flash a kernel boot.img.

When your bootloader is unlocked, in most custom kernels cwm is integrated

Don't try to flash a rom for unlocked bootloader on a locked bootloader, otherwise your device will brick and you will have to flash the original firmware with flashtool!

Ah btw to install cwm on ics you must have rooted ics (you can't root ics like gingerbread firmware .42, you will have to do it like this) and then you can download the x-parts app from playstore which can automaticly install cwm
Last edited by mihahn; 18th September 2012 at 07:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mihahn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2012, 10:07 AM |#8  
othar.pl's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I rooted device and have X-Parts.
Installed Recovery 5.5.0.4 by pvyParts.

I am able to restart in recovery mode.

Do I understand it right?
Even if I have recovery installed I won't be able to install CM or other ROM with locked bootloader?
19th September 2012, 12:54 PM |#9  
mihahn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,236
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by othar.pl

I rooted device and have X-Parts.
Installed Recovery 5.5.0.4 by pvyParts.

I am able to restart in recovery mode.

Do I understand it right?
Even if I have recovery installed I won't be able to install CM or other ROM with locked bootloader?

You can install roms especially made for locked bootloader, like ics based "real ics lite" or "MiniCMSandwich". There are some MIUI rom's around here, too, but stock rom is the smoothest
The Following User Says Thank You to mihahn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2012, 03:21 PM |#10  
othar.pl's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihahn

stock rom is the smoothest

I just want to get rid of apps like facebook

And try something new ofcourse.
Last edited by othar.pl; 19th September 2012 at 03:26 PM.
19th September 2012, 03:46 PM |#11  
mihahn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,236
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by othar.pl

I just want to get rid of apps like facebook

And try something new ofcourse.

If your phone is rooted, you can uninstall crap like facebook on every rom. Just download an app like titanium backup or any other app and uninstall it

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes