[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(I897) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Lol That is something you have to make up on your own. I can say there is absolutely nothing wrong with stock kernel probably the most stable rom you are going to get.

bobo122

Jun 10, 2011
What kernel is recommended for daily stable use for this ROM ?

I'm using semaphore , its stable @ 1.2ghz and i never had any problrms

Lol That is something you have to make up on your own. I can say there is absolutely nothing wrong with stock kernel probably the most stable rom you are going to get.

As far as I remember , it doesn't support overclocking that's y I switched to other kernel

Anyway, u should try different kernels and settle on the 1 that suits u most

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

prbassplayer

Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez

As far as I remember , it doesn't support overclocking that's y I switched to other kernel

Exactly why its the most stable. Less chance to mess it up xD. Like I said Make up your own mind.

baconatorXVI

Dec 24, 2011

I'm on devil .79 at 1.392ghz with 391 free ram. I had to up... the voltage a bit but i run the conservative governor with sio. It almost never uses full power according to cpu spy.

Devil.l .79 is great

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

baconatorXVI

Dec 24, 2011
Is anyone using the newest Swype beta? The size of the keyboard is much smaller than the earlier releases and it is definitely harder to use now at 182 dpi.

I noticed that as well. I just live with it. Maybe re install, maybe change the dpi. I don't even remember what I'm on... it's nice being able to switch between beta and regular though!

baconatorXVI

Dec 24, 2011
3986 score on antutu...

Vr, performance, 1.392ghz 391 ram. Devil.79.

That was only my second test!

EDIT: I got a 4185 by enabling gpu overclocking with devil .79!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Just ran better bat stats and #1 wake lock is GPS location provider and #2 is audio out even though I have GPS location OFF and haven't hooked up to my stereo all day. Hmph. Made it 14 hours 14 minutes with 1hr 15 min screen on in a bad signal area. Is this normal?

Sent from my Galaxy S Captivate on Slim ICS 4.0 w/Semaphore 1.2.5sc Kernel 1.2Ghz@120% live OC and 386mb available RAM. BUTTER

scottcwhite

Sep 1, 2010
Got this problem too. Neither getting vibrations nor sound notifications. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.

Done that since day one. Still got the problem. :crying:

Wipe data for media storage. Reboot reset ringtones and set to either vibrate always or only when silent

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

scottcwhite

Sep 1, 2010
Just ran better bat stats and #1 wake lock is GPS location provider and #2 is audio out even though I have GPS location OFF and haven't hooked up to my stereo all day. Hmph. Made it 14 hours 14 minutes with 1hr 15 min screen on in a bad signal area. Is this normal?

Sent from my Galaxy S Captivate on Slim ICS 4.0 w/Semaphore 1.2.5sc Kernel 1.2Ghz@120% live OC and 386mb available RAM. BUTTER[/QUOT

Sounds about normal to me top

scottcwhite

Sep 1, 2010
Is anyone using the newest Swype beta? The size of the keyboard is much smaller than the earlier releases and it is definitely harder to use now at 182 dpi.

I noticed that as well. I just live with it. Maybe re install, maybe change the dpi. I don't even remember what I'm on... it's nice being able to switch between beta and regular though!

I run 211 dpi and the new beta looks great to me

xtmp

May 28, 2012
Bug ?
Running on SlimICS 4.0, flash devil Kernel 0.81, and went to ASS - StartUp tweaks, screen was black ~ 5 sec. Then slimICS got root permissions, screen was black again but ~ 15-20 sec. Then I seen only first checkbutton activated (Enable start-up tweaks).

After this operation, and rebooting, phone starting showing devil screen, then slim logo infinitely(waited more than 20 minitus), not booting to desktop.
init.d has only
S30datafix**
S90volume**

Tried 3 times with stock flashing.
Without devil kernel booting fine.
Tried devil 0.85, semaphore 1.2.5 - result the same.

Then I decided not to go into this evil menu. But by setting the wrong overclocking settings in Nstools the phone hung up, and I decided to reset to default nstools settings through the menus in the cwm. The result of the phone hanging on the Slim logo, again.
Flashing Slim with a wipe and without, running the kernel cleaning script from lippol not solving the problem.

Only flashing CM9 with formatting, and then slim is resolving 4 me. :(

prbassplayer

Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Bug ?
Running on SlimICS 4.0, flash devil Kernel 0.81, and went to ASS - StartUp tweaks, screen was black ~ 5 sec. Then slimICS got root permissions, screen was black again but ~ 15-20 sec. Then I seen only first checkbutton activated (Enable start-up tweaks).

After this operation, and rebooting, phone starting showing devil screen, then slim logo infinitely(waited more than 20 minitus), not booting to desktop.
init.d has only
S30datafix**
S90volume**

Tried 3 times with stock flashing.
Without devil kernel booting fine.
Tried devil 0.85, semaphore 1.2.5 - result the same.

Then I decided not to go into this evil menu. But by setting the wrong overclocking settings in Nstools the phone hung up, and I decided to reset to default nstools settings through the menus in the cwm. The result of the phone hanging on the Slim logo, again.
Flashing Slim with a wipe and without, running the kernel cleaning script from lippol not solving the problem.

Only flashing CM9 with formatting, and then slim is resolving 4 me. :(

Try it with Stock kernel. If it happens with that post with log cat.

nedthehead

Feb 19, 2011
Anybody have issues changing/adding the wifi_idle_ms string? Whenever I replace the settings.db file (making sure the permissions are the same) my phone will boot loop on it's next restart

oriveradel

Sep 29, 2007
4.1 Released:
Note:
Overall change in how i am structuring Slim. No more Base + essentials + gapps. Device ROM + SLim Common ( which inclues slim gapps among other common non compiled stuff). Just flash Device ROM version THEN Slim Common ( includes Slim Gapps). you should be set.

I guess I will be the first one testing...I kept checking on a new version like a crack head...awesome work

moymike

Nov 18, 2010
Oklahoma City
DSPManager

I just loaded 4.1 of Slim, and so far so good. I found that the DSPManager app is already installed, but it does not appear to work. I tried all the settings under "SPEAKER" and "WM8994", and listened to sound files thru my audiobook reader, Winamp and DoubleTwist. None of the changes I make on DSPManager effect the sound coming from these programs.

What am I doing wrong?

Reactions: lordxentris
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    4.1 Released:
    Note:
    Overall change in how i am structuring Slim. No more Base + essentials + gapps. Device ROM + SLim Common ( which inclues slim gapps among other common non compiled stuff). Just flash Device ROM version THEN Slim Common ( includes Slim Gapps). you should be set.
    3.9 Released. I will say this, read the changelog and FAQ, before posting questions. If you find ppl posting without reading, just direct them to them the changelog page, don't give them the answer, its a few lines not that hard.

You need to d/l and flash Base, Device essentials and Slim Gapps. From next time on you just need to d/l base and device essentials as long as you don't lose Slim Gapps or i don't change it. Happy Friday Everyone!

NOTE: Read the changelog below carefully and the FAQ before posting questions .

All Devices:

• Apollo ( CM9) music compiled from sources - thanks cm team
    • Updated germant translations for DeskClock - thanks Basian Mile
    • Reduce processing in WebCore thread while scrolling and zooming based on this
    • External Webkit changes based on this, this and this.
    • Hide storage option in camera for devices that don't have external storage based on this
    • Don't try to create an ad-hoc network when no wireless network is available based on this
    • SlimPapers.apk with a couple of wallpapers, nothing fancy. Will put it in OTA app for those who want to use it. - thanks jeffyca at rootz for slimlogo wallpaper
      trans.gif
    • CM9 Quiet Hours
    • New boot animation - thanks jeffyca at rootz
    • Basic gapps included in base is pulled and made a separate flashable zip, reason is two fold,
      • make google happy as they prefer this route and
      • they don't change often, so why bloat the base unnecessarily.
    • Whatever was in UpdateMe ( GenieWidget etc etc), Apps, Stays there,
    • Make sure to flash slim_gapps along with base and essentials to get working multi dpi playstore, gmail, talk, video chat, email and exchange. If you flash another gapps, you are on your own, don't complain apps are not compatible if you are not on slim gapps. This is the way moving forward, you can cry about if you want
      trans.gif
    • Base is now 44 MB
      trans.gif
    Galaxy Nexus ( Maguro, Toro & Toroplus)

• Synced upto lean 3.8
    Galaxy S2

• Synced upto latest Fluxi's changes.
    Upgrade Method: Back to the usual
    Download Link:
    Direct : Slim ICS 3.9

or via OTA app;
    one more......