Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom] CM9 Barely Alpha ***UPDATED OP***

Tip us?
 
StrizzMatik
Old
(Last edited by StrizzMatik; 17th May 2012 at 03:20 AM.)
#181  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 143
Join Date: Jan 2012
Droid 3 AOKP nightlies are all working on the Atrix 2 super smooth, except for radios obviously. And that's flashed from standard Bootstrap. Can anything be done using that as a base?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
 
hellot1M
Old
(Last edited by hellot1M; 17th May 2012 at 03:54 AM.)
#182  
hellot1M's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 331
Posts: 1,486
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrizzMatik View Post
Droid 3 AOKP nightlies are all working on the Atrix 2 super smooth, except for radios obviously. And that's flashed from standard Bootstrap. Can anything be done using that as a base?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
Ok great! And what about cm9? Is it the same? What's borked besides the radio between the two. Also what if its not the radio ics on the Atrix is having issues with but whatever kernel being used. I flashed the wrong kernel once on my Xperia x10 and didn't even realize it till I tried to make a call. My calling and texting wouldnt work till I flashed the appropriate kernel. Also does wifi work on either the aokp or cm9 port?

Also did you modify the cdma port for GSM or did you just flash and declare the Atrix 2 radio being the issue?

Edit: I didnt mean you. I was talking about the entire community here talking about the radio being the main issue and not looking at the fact that these ports were built for cdma frequencies not GSM. If the ports are running smoothly then all that needs to be done is adjusting it appropriately for GSM use

Sent from my Photon Q using ultramegaextremeXDA
 
hellot1M
Old
#183  
hellot1M's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 331
Posts: 1,486
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdeaton View Post
Ok great! And what about cm9? Is it the same? What's borked besides the radio between the two. Also what if its not the radio ics on the Atrix is having issues with but whatever kernel being used. I flashed the wrong kernel once on my Xperia x10 and didn't even realize it till I tried to make a call. My calling and texting wouldnt work till I flashed the appropriate kernel. Also does wifi work on either the aokp or cm9 port?

Also did you modify the cdma port for GSM or did you just flash and declare the Atrix 2 radio being the issue?

Edit: I didnt mean you. I was talking about the entire community here talking about the radio being the main issue and not looking at the fact that these ports were built for cdma frequencies not GSM. If the ports are running smoothly then all that needs to be done is adjusting it appropriately for GSM use

Edit edit: check out the cdma and gsm razr threads. Both phones have the exact same hardware but one is cdma and one is GSM. It has been stated several times that if you flash a cdma razr rom on a GSM razr phone that the rom would work as flawlessly as it does on a cdma razr phone but you wouldn't be able to make any calls, text, or use mobile data. I'll post one thread I found of a guy asking why people on the GSM thread haven't ported any of the roms from the cdma thread.

Sent from my Photon Q using ultramegaextremeXDA
Lol this was supposed to be a "modify" not a "quote".. my bad.. lol

Sent from my Photon Q using ultramegaextremeXDA
 
rdavisct
Old
#184  
rdavisct's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,026
Posts: 843
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Greenacres

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdeaton View Post
Ok great! And what about cm9? Is it the same? What's borked besides the radio between the two. Also what if its not the radio ics on the Atrix is having issues with but whatever kernel being used. I flashed the wrong kernel once on my Xperia x10 and didn't even realize it till I tried to make a call. My calling and texting wouldnt work till I flashed the appropriate kernel. Also does wifi work on either the aokp or cm9 port?

Also did you modify the cdma port for GSM or did you just flash and declare the Atrix 2 radio being the issue?

Edit: I didnt mean you. I was talking about the entire community here talking about the radio being the main issue and not looking at the fact that these ports were built for cdma frequencies not GSM. If the ports are running smoothly then all that needs to be done is adjusting it appropriately for GSM use

Sent from my Photon Q using ultramegaextremeXDA
Bootloader not unlocked yet = no custom kernels

Sent from my MB865 using XDA
 
terwine
Old
#185  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: York
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdeaton View Post
Lol this was supposed to be a "modify" not a "quote".. my bad.. lol

Sent from my Photon Q using ultramegaextremeXDA
Yea, in my first post I said I even tried to flash that RAZR GSM fix on the Atrix 2. Didn't really expect it to work... and it didn't. I would have to flash it again for a full list of bugs. It's my gf's phone so I don't get as much time with it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
 
StrizzMatik
Old
(Last edited by StrizzMatik; 17th May 2012 at 08:28 AM.)
#186  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 143
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdeaton View Post
Ok great! And what about cm9? Is it the same? What's borked besides the radio between the two. Also what if its not the radio ics on the Atrix is having issues with but whatever kernel being used. I flashed the wrong kernel once on my Xperia x10 and didn't even realize it till I tried to make a call. My calling and texting wouldnt work till I flashed the appropriate kernel. Also does wifi work on either the aokp or cm9 port?

Also did you modify the cdma port for GSM or did you just flash and declare the Atrix 2 radio being the issue?

Edit: I didnt mean you. I was talking about the entire community here talking about the radio being the main issue and not looking at the fact that these ports were built for cdma frequencies not GSM. If the ports are running smoothly then all that needs to be done is adjusting it appropriately for GSM use

Sent from my Photon Q using ultramegaextremeXDA
AFAIK the only CM9 port working on this phone in any capacity was the original ROM in the OP using the unstable safestrap. Although I couldn't obviously make calls (being that the ROM was designed for a Verizon CDMA phone), I flashed the 5/3/12 D3 4.0.4 AOKP nightly and it booted fine, the phone animations, toggles, menus, etc. all ran smooth. WiFi worked. Mind you, I was just messing around with things to test functionality, I'm not really technically adept with Android/Linux other than basic flashing/rooting stuff. Didn't try GPS but again I wasn't really testing, just wanted to say I used a legit ICS rom on my Atrix 2 even if it was kinda useless
 
farshad525hou
Old
#187  
farshad525hou's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 434
Posts: 830
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavisct View Post
Bootloader not unlocked yet = no custom kernels

Sent from my MB865 using XDA
We do have a bypass through exec that works....



Sent from my MB865 using XDA
DON'T HAVE A DROPBOX? SIGN UP WITH THIS LINK AND WE BOTH GET 500MB EXTRA!: http://db.tt/UAXWgzXy

Current Devices:
HTC One running Android 4.4 KitKat/CM11 Beta builds from source!
Google Nexus 7 running AOSP 4.4 KitKat!
Backup Devices
Samsung Galaxy Nexus running CM10.2 nightlies.
Google (Asus) Nexus 7 running CM10.2 nightlies!
Motorola Atrix 2 running CM10
Previous Devices:
Samsung Infuse 4G,-HATED IT!
iPhone 3G-Sold it on Ebay!



The Following User Says Thank You to farshad525hou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hellot1M
Old
#188  
hellot1M's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 331
Posts: 1,486
Join Date: Jul 2010
After tweaking the cdma rom for GSM or flashing GSM fix zips for other devices has anyone adjusted the PRL's? The prl's tell the what towers it has permission to connect to. Idk if GSM phones use prl codes but cdma phones do and if that's the case then you have a rom giving the phones radio a cdma prl.. just throwing that out there. Don't know if this will be of any help for future ics ports

Sent from my Photon Q using ultramegaextremeXDA
 
dk00
Old
#189  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 31
Join Date: Oct 2011
Bump.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA
 
RowanOak
Old
#190  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 84
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk00 View Post
Bump.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA
Really?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes