Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] stuck on factoryfs

Tip us?

Young_Khalifa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] stuck on factoryfs

My infuse was running aokpcb rom. i made a backup of my previous rom, AEON v1.3.1. i restored using nandroid back to AEON but when i reboot its stuck at the samsung screen. I tried GTGs Odin back to stock multiple times using different ports but it always gets stuck at factoryfs. i even rebooted the computer and tried it again but still no good. I've used Odin back to stock a couple times before so im used to the program. now ive ran out of ideas and i would greatly appreciate the help. THANKS

isaiahe97
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Try heimdall...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1524081

If that doesn't work 'I' don't know what to tell you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

crt60
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2827

DONATE TO ME
And don't restore with nandroid, just to a full restore back to stock with odin or hemdall and reflash the rom.

---------------------
Follow us on Twitter @CollectiveDevs
Visit us at The Collective Web
Or check us out on Facebook
Currently Have
Captivate - AoCP 7
Skyrocket - AoCP 7
Galaxy S4 - AoCP 7
Blackjack II - Windows mobile 6.1
Star Trek - running Windows mobile 6.1 Nerose

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crt60 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redgrass83
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Im not 100% but i think with aeon the first boot will freeze up at the factory screen. Try pulling battery then reboot..

Dani897
Old
Thanks Meter 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaiahe97 View Post
Try heimdall...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1524081

If that doesn't work 'I' don't know what to tell you

+1 odin sux. it's funny how some independant guys can reverse engineer what it's doing and write something better.

Radiotsar
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Happens to my Infuse all the time now, even using Heimdall. I just pull the battery, get back into the alternate download screen, reload the drivers (if necessary) on the pc and re-run Heimdall. It always seems to get stuck twice, but works the third time. The last time I took it to stock & did a "factory data reset", just to see if that would clear up whatever the issue was. Unfortunately (?), I haven't tried going back to stock since.

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 24370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani897 View Post
+1 odin sux. it's funny how some independant guys can reverse engineer what it's doing and write something better.
Not sure if your being understood.
Control Operator: Do you require backup? Judge Dredd: No.

Young_Khalifa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry for not responding. I've been at a summer camp for the past week. Anyways, when i try to install drivers with heimdall it aborts the procedure and then freezes the program... and when i plug in my phone into the wall charger, the screen stays off..

redgrass83
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_Khalifa View Post
Sorry for not responding. I've been at a summer camp for the past week. Anyways, when i try to install drivers with heimdall it aborts the procedure and then freezes the program... and when i plug in my phone into the wall charger, the screen stays off..
Heimdall is great when properly set up and WHEN IT WORKS. What I do, and this'll bring it back from pretty much anything, is use gtg unbrick, and if it doesn't boot from that flash, (and mine doesn't because its a rogers ) , i then flash the Odin stock lb3 pack, and boom back to normal no matter what I flashed. I imagine if you're running an at&t model , you shouldn't have to do the second step. Be sure to remove the battery and reinsert at least once on any from flash to be sure its not booting correctly before going to another step. Also be sure drivers are correctly installed through kies or kies mini. I find this is easiest with Odin because it clearly shows you in bright yellow that the download connection has been established.. many times i' very had to reinstall the kies drivers, I don't know why.. but try this , and like I say once you see yellow in Odin in phone download mode, you know you're set. Once again, like this kies/gtg/try booting/if no boot/pull battery try boot again/ if still no boot Odin lb3 stock and then flash a recovery kernel to regain cwm..

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA Premium HD app

Young_Khalifa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ive been trying the odin lb3 from gtg and it gets stuck on dbdata.rfs instead.. im kinda flipping out...