I would pay for schematics for the Galaxy 4g!!!

Search This thread

enelyam

Feb 16, 2011
Hi again guys, so this morning i took my Galaxy 4G that was not charging the battery for some reason. And changed the charging port because i thought that was going to be it. Funny enough it didnt do the trick. So i checked, double checked and triple checked the solder points and everything was fine. I can read the 5 volts on the charging port pins but thats it. When i connect the usb to the wall, it shows like charging sequence is starting but then all of the sudden the screen will go off and thats it.
Ive been having a very similar situation with a couple infuse mobos i have, but just similar in terms of charging. If i put an already charged battery on the t959v it will turn on and work just fine. It even recognizes the debbuging mode. In fact after i changed the charging port i applied the unbrickable mod to the mobo and it worked perfectly. But still, battery wont charged. The infuse mobos wont turn on they just get stock in a bootloop. So please if someone knows about some schematic made for this phone or knows the route for those 5volts please help me... I would like to at least check the closest pins where those 5volts are supposed to go before giving up with that phone.

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
This seems like something bhundven, m4m4n or raverx3x would know... I would pm them ;). Good luck with the hardware tinkering.

EDIT

Asked bhundven for you. He said he hasn't found any :(.

enelyam

Feb 16, 2011
Yeap, thats what i thought. I do have that for the i9000 and the original t959. I mean some pinouts i made myself using working mobos. But i dont have that for the t959v. And since the mobo is not working as it should i dont think i will be lucky trying to check pinouts on a non working mobo.

enelyam

Feb 16, 2011
So, a friend brought me his galaxy 4g so that i could take it apart and check for the pins i was looking for. Shure enough i found them, but too unlucky it didnt matter. It seems like its either an ic or one of those resistors shorted. But anyways thanks guys

Ok people so im editing this post because ive found the solution for my problem. Guess what? So i decided to give it a try to the reflow blower on my soldering station. Since i thought it may have been some soldering points or something that had a lose contact. Well, it was!!! Now i have my galaxy 4G working again. Im going to open it back one more time and try to use flux so that i make sure the solder points are nicely welded. Never seen something like that on a galaxy phone but hey, It worked!!!!!!

Last edited:

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
I never charge my phone....I bought an OEM external charger that came with 1 battery and then bought 3 OEM batteries for $6.00 each.
This way the only time I need the port is to hook it up to the comp.
Just a thought

enelyam

Feb 16, 2011
Yeah, thats actually a good idea to keep your phone working. But the thing is that i do have a bunch of phones. Many of them because i buy them from friends who have them and something is wrong with them(Phones). So i buy them cheap and use them to test things and have fun flashing or stuff like that. And that one was the case, in fact, i bought it because the phone wasnt charging. But i thought the solution was to change the usb port since i saw the + contact inside the port twisted. But i changed the port and it didnt work. Like i said on a different thread, i work with electronics on a daily basis so for me this is just fun...

alexragwen

Dec 12, 2013
Yeap, thats what i thought. I do have that for the i9000 and the original t959. I mean some pinouts i made myself using working mobos. But i dont have that for the t959v. And since the mobo is not working as it should i dont think i will be lucky trying to check pinouts on a non working mobo.

Good day sir I noticed you said you have schematics for Samsung T959. Is this true? I am looking for schematics to apply the unbrickable mod with the xOM5 resistor. Do you have schematic for this? Can you please share?

jeffsf

Mar 7, 2011
San Francisco
...unbrickable mod...

Those of us with an interest in kernel development would still kill for schematics or board traces. Neither have ever surfaced, that I know of. I believe that the previous poster was referring to the various SoC documentation that has been out there, but that won't tell you where to put the resistor.

The SGS4G is pretty unbrickable as it sits, as long as you don't muck with the bootloaders.

If you still want the unbrickable mod, I'd search through these SGS4G forums as I think @bhundven may have looked into it or done it. Search is your best bet as I think he's taking a break from phone-dev work.

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
Kit Kat is out... Gimmie a break!

If you still want the unbrickable mod, I'd search through these SGS4G forums as I think @bhundven may have looked into it or done it.

Actually, @AdamOutler did the modification for me, but I risked the sacrifice to make it possible for our device (SGH-T959V/W).

See: This and this.

Search is your best bet as I think he's taking a break from phone-dev work.

Yes, I'm currently taking a break from phone hacking. I'm working on my own mental health and focus on my work.

enelyam

Feb 16, 2011
Well, i dont think youll need an schematic to apply unbrickable mod. To be honestm pictures attached by Adam look way too clear for us to miss it. Thruth is i have been looking for a couple mobos schematics and been able to find some. For example last week i needed the N7000 Galaxy Note schematic to find the sim card pinout for a customer who broke the soldering on the mobo of a N7000 Galaxy. Lucky enough i found it. So, search will always be our best tool.