My Review of the Poetic Case for A700
I bought the Poetic case for my new A700. I'm an XDA noob so I can't post the link. However you will find that link in another post in this forum.
1. The case if a bit flimsy. I get that it needs to be flexible to be able to contort to be used as a stand, but when I open the case to use the tablet it seems to weak. A better design would have been to include the stand directly in back and embedded into the case that you could pull out.
2. When the case is closed the hand strap rests on top of the glass. The soft felt-like material touches the glass but so does the stretchy band. I don't like that, even if the tablet has great glass.
3. The three ridges on which the tablet sits against when deployed are not very substantial. The tablet sits okay, but it seems like the tablet wants to suddenly scoot off the ridge.
4. There is a stretchy band on the inside cover to (I'm assuming) hold papers. Those papers would then sit up against the glass. Again, I don't like that.
5. The underside of the case has a cut-out for the camera. I understand why this is, so you can take pictures while the tab is in the case. But it also exposes the camera lens to the elements and to potential scratches. I take extra care of my electronics, but you never know.
Overall, I guess if you're looking for a cheap case for your tablet this will fit the bill. After all, it's only $14.95. But I think back to the time I bought a new motorcycle (street) helmet. The sales guy told me, "How much is your head worth? If it's worth $100 for a low-end helmet, get that. If it's worth the high-end $500 helmet, get that." Good point.
I'll be looking for a more substantial protection for my tablet, but I'll keep this one as a back-up.