Keyboards for the 7+

Search This thread

KDOG2020

Mar 5, 2011
Im looking for a bt keyboard for my 7+ that is the same physical size so it close in a case. Any suggestions?

goldy253

Sep 18, 2009
Tacoma
I just got the same keyboard today from Amazon. It was $40 works great. Came in a couple days.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Reactions: rp518dan

DragonMama

Jan 28, 2012
Cleveland, OH
My local discount/closeout store (Marc's, here in Ohio) had a bluetooth keyboard that's a little big but the price was right... I think it would be big even with a 10" but I haven't compared it to the family iPad yet. Made by Merkury Innovations (no, that's not a typo), was $30 at the store, runs on 2 AAA batteries (which is great for a distracted individual like myself who forgets to charge up non-daily-use devices if they don't have very clear low-battery warning indicators). I've had a ThinkOutside folding Bluetooth Keyboard that I've been using with my MyTouch 4G Slide (when I want to type more than I want to do on a thumbboard - I use my Android devices for taking notes in my grad classes when I don't feel like lugging along my laptop). The ThinkOutside keyboard is great for portability so long as I'm not going to be typing numbers very much (has no dedicated number keys and I find the hold down function and number key combo annoying). I'm also working on a novel and the TO is great for that but my grad classes involve a lot of numeric input so I decided I wanted something with numbers. Tested out the MI keyboard, all the main keys are properly mapped. Not entirely sure about the control/option+alt/command keys. It is about the same keyspacing as a standard keyboard but very little room around the edges. Considering picking up another for our media PC hooked to the television in the family room (cheap nettop box, wanted something a bit more advanced than a roku for the kids to play educational games on & such). We use Unified Remote on our Android devices to control that television to good effect, keyboard would be more for the kids to use and this one is good footprint and price for that use also.

painter_

Dec 10, 2006
North Eastern Ohio
My local discount/closeout store (Marc's, here in Ohio) had a bluetooth keyboard that's a little big but the price was right... I think it would be big even with a 10" but I haven't compared it to the family iPad yet. Made by Merkury Innovations (no, that's not a typo), was $30 at the store, runs on 2 AAA batteries (which is great for a distracted individual like myself who forgets to charge up non-daily-use devices if they don't have very clear low-battery warning indicators). I've had a ThinkOutside folding Bluetooth Keyboard that I've been using with my MyTouch 4G Slide (when I want to type more than I want to do on a thumbboard - I use my Android devices for taking notes in my grad classes when I don't feel like lugging along my laptop). The ThinkOutside keyboard is great for portability so long as I'm not going to be typing numbers very much (has no dedicated number keys and I find the hold down function and number key combo annoying). I'm also working on a novel and the TO is great for that but my grad classes involve a lot of numeric input so I decided I wanted something with numbers. Tested out the MI keyboard, all the main keys are properly mapped. Not entirely sure about the control/option+alt/command keys. It is about the same keyspacing as a standard keyboard but very little room around the edges. Considering picking up another for our media PC hooked to the television in the family room (cheap nettop box, wanted something a bit more advanced than a roku for the kids to play educational games on & such). We use Unified Remote on our Android devices to control that television to good effect, keyboard would be more for the kids to use and this one is good footprint and price for that use also.

Which Marc's?

rEVOLVE

Nov 16, 2006
bought this at my local Fry's. I know it's a little bit longer than the Tab+ but I think it's the perfect size while not making the keys too small and thin enough when i want to pack a keyboard with me. I tried a few where the keyboard was exactly the same length as the tablet and the keys were so small and cramped that it wasn't worth it with all the errors introduced during my typing test.

Manufactured by Azio and can pair and switch between 6 different BT devices via hotkey.

The only thing i was hoping to see by now is a keyboard that has android shortcut keys for the home, back, search, and recent. Has anyone seen a hardware keyboard that does that?

Attachments

• 2012-02-06_11-29-41_737.jpg
    2012-02-06_11-29-41_737.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 513
  • 2012-02-06_11-30-05_82.jpg
    2012-02-06_11-30-05_82.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 349
Dec 7, 2011
dealextreme case

I purchased that keyboard case from dealextreme. It took a wile to get here but was in good condition. The unit worked fine connected well and works as advertised. I do have several problems with it. The tab does not fit tightly in the holder. The case adds significantly to the size of the tab. There is nothing to hold the case closed. The final downfall is I think I can type faster on the onscreen keyboards.

Jon

Macros617

Feb 16, 2010
I purchased that keyboard case from dealextreme. It took a wile to get here but was in good condition. The unit worked fine connected well and works as advertised. I do have several problems with it. The tab does not fit tightly in the holder. The case adds significantly to the size of the tab. There is nothing to hold the case closed. The final downfall is I think I can type faster on the onscreen keyboards.

Jon

Yeah I have the same keyboard. Works nicely in class lectures when I need to take notes. Then one day I forgot it (because it's so mahoosive) and found out I type faster and more accurately with thumb keyboard.....yeah.....

GB.Says

Jan 11, 2012
Any Keyboard Updates?

I'm also in the market for a keyboard for my tabby.
Anybody find any additional keyboards that are worth looking at?
Also do you experience lag when using your keyboard?

Plus, can you use a mouse with the tab+?

best regards,

G.B. Says

kellyann1293

Apr 28, 2012
Chicago 'burbs
Logitech Tablet Keyboard

I just picked up a Logitech Tablet Keyboard (NOT the Logitech iPad keyboard - they are different models). Build quality is awesome - this is a solid yet still lightweight device. It had no problem pairing up with the GT+ and did not drop any keystrokes when I used it to type.

Reactions: danrex

GB.Says

Jan 11, 2012
I finally decided and picked up the Logitech bluetooth keyboard for Android. Pretty nifty; seems like a sold keyboard, synched right away to my 7+, like the fact that the keyboard has its own case that converts into a stable angled perch for the 7+ and that you can use it with the table either in landscape or portrait. Though I do wish it had multiple tilt lockings so I can choose what angle my 7+is perched at. So far, very pleased with the purchase.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using xda premium

todorcim

Dec 27, 2010
Brockville
I was thinking of getting a keyboard but are there any real advantages?other than the hole physical keyboard its self?

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

GB.Says

Jan 11, 2012
If you find that you are typing more than short messages or notes, you might want to consider it.

G.B. Says
And remember, talking dogs are liars.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got the same keyboard today from Amazon. It was $40 works great. Came in a couple days.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
    Logitech Tablet Keyboard

I just picked up a Logitech Tablet Keyboard (NOT the Logitech iPad keyboard - they are different models). Build quality is awesome - this is a solid yet still lightweight device. It had no problem pairing up with the GT+ and did not drop any keystrokes when I used it to type.
    So the earlier link for the first keyboard mentioned from dealextreme is dead; not sure which one that was.

Anyone tried others other than the logitech and the stock?

I would go with the stock, but I would prefer something that allows me to use the tablet "landscape" . Yes, I realize the docking port is on the "bottom edge", but there are ways to work around that.

I am basically trying to free myself of the need to lug the laptop with me nearly everywhere in case of an emergency at work. One time I actually used my Phone to VNC over VPN, thank goodness I have a physical keyboard on that. But my GNOME desktop is tough enough to read Landscape, it is really annoying to try and use it Portrait.

Also - has anyone tried any of the keyboard with ICS yet, found any issues?

I'm using the HDE 7" USB tablet keyboard from Amazon ($9.90 shipped Prime).

I tried one other on Amazon that looks the same, but only the HDE brand one works (the other gives an error about power consumption). It works well in HC, will report back on ICS once the OTA update comes around.