[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

OP arrrghhh

22nd May 2012, 09:41 PM   |  #841  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 5

70 posts
More
Quote:

Just a question, was the other router that you tried one in your house as well? maybe you want to try another one elsewhere, or try a factory reset of your wireless router at home.

The Router is in another flat. It belongs to somebodyelse. I live at a dormitory where have about 100 rooms/flats. We share a LAN net.

I have followed your suggestion about reflash the Radio. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Besides, I messed up when I flashed the radio. The radio does flashed into WinMo as it should, but my WinMo was also like have been hard reset. And no I did not flash a Rom, no doubt about this. I just took a quick radio flash. So that means even my WinMo is hard reset, the Wifi problem is still there in Android. Can connect, but no connectivity to outside.

I will leave this problem from now. It was fun and pleasure to try FRX and GBX. Excellent works. But as Arrrghhh said, nand is future. At least for me. The only reason I keep my WinMo is I have TomTom on it, but from now I will like to try Android on NAND on my TP2.

However, Thank you for the suggestion. For me it does make sense as you say, that the problem shall be Rom/Radio related.
22nd May 2012, 10:29 PM   |  #842  
Thanks Meter: 665

591 posts
More
Eric Z, i am sorry that my suggestion caused you more problems. That is the last thing I intended. I wish you better luck with nand. (hey and if nothing else at least you will only have one OS to think about!)
Again, sorry I wasn't more help.
22nd May 2012, 10:45 PM   |  #843  
Flag Copenhagen

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldair

Eric Z, i am sorry that my suggestion caused you more problems. That is the last thing I intended. I wish you better luck with nand. (hey and if nothing else at least you will only have one OS to think about!)
Again, sorry I wasn't more help.

No don't be sorry. It was my own fault And it doesn't matter that the WinMo took hard reset. The GBX build has no problem except that wifi.
24th May 2012, 01:05 PM   |  #844  
Flag Copenhagen

70 posts
More
Dear Arrrghhh and Caldair:

Now it is highly likely that my wifi problem has nothing to do with the GBX0C Build or my TP2. I have done more tests about the network yesterday, and the problem is a little complecated. Looks like a combination of how my dorm's network is set up, and what router settings are.

So I think this case is off topic now can be closed. Just want you know and thanks for the time you spent on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric Z For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2012, 06:11 AM   |  #845  
R.I.P.
Flag East/Middle TN
Thanks Meter: 1,198

6,537 posts
Donate to Me
More
having a problem..... now when I either pick android dualboot, out try to run Haret it says biting linux, bills up there bar then freezes.... fix?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using xda app-developers app
27th June 2012, 12:19 PM   |  #846  
Thanks Meter: 9

120 posts
Donate to Me
More
Battery Low Kernel update for Android on SD card.
Hi.
I am looking here and there and confused.
Is there any zImage and modules newer than 2.27 for Rhodium?
I mean for SD installation, as I found few 2.35 or 2.39 and it looks that they are for NAND only.

Last question as I am not sure, installing Android in NAND will remove Windows completly? If so is there any way to save it somehow, to put it back later to unit instead of stock one.

I am on GBX0C Rhod 100.
Regards
Mazak
Last edited by mazak23; 27th June 2012 at 01:05 PM.
27th June 2012, 12:19 PM   |  #847  
Thanks Meter: 665

591 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparfreak426

having a problem..... now when I either pick android dualboot, out try to run Haret it says biting linux, bills up there bar then freezes.... fix?

This sounds like what happens when you try to boot while WM is overclocked. Do you have overclocking set at startup in WM by any chance?
27th June 2012, 12:25 PM   |  #848  
R.I.P.
Flag East/Middle TN
Thanks Meter: 1,198

6,537 posts
Donate to Me
More
nope. no miss to winmo except deleting programs and pics

27th June 2012, 03:22 PM   |  #849  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,625

11,354 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So you had a fully functional Android build... and suddenly it's not working?

Nothing changed...?

I bet something changed. There have been a few things that break at random, like SD card detection seems to sometimes flake out - and formatting the card with the HP Tool (backup&restore data on card is fine) fixes it.

You can try that, but I doubt it'll fix your problem. Have you run HaRET.exe without a startup.txt? Does it even run? What does it show in the box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazak23

Hi.
I mean for SD installation, as I found few 2.35 or 2.39 and it looks that they are for NAND only.

Last question as I am not sure, installing Android in NAND will remove Windows completly? If so is there any way to save it somehow, to put it back later to unit instead of stock one.

I am on GBX0C Rhod 100.
Regards
Mazak

.35, .39, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 all run on HaRET / SD my friend. 3.3.x seems the best so far, 3.4 seems close.

If you install Android over WinMo then the only way back to WinMo would naturally be flashing back. You're basically flashing another ROM on, just think of it like that. All the normal backup procedures and wiping caveats apply as any ROM flash...
27th June 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #850  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 103

270 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazak23

Hi.

I am on GBX0C Rhod 100.
Regards
Mazak

Take a look here for the latest and greatest kernels. 3.4 are the latest cutting edge. http://autobuild.wirelesstcp.net/

Yes, flashing NAND will remove all Windows and no there is no way to save it other than reflashing the ROM you previously had. There are ways to mass load your previously loaded cab files, etc, but there is no way that I know of to just reload the winmo rom and all of your files again at once.

Quote:

Try reformatting the sd card with the HP tool. That happened to me quite some time ago and pulling off all data, reformatting and then putting all data back helped. Unless of course you made some changes that you didn't note and that is when the problem started. If it just started without having made changes try a reformat.

Edit: Arrrghhh beat me to it... I figured he'd still be sleeping at this hour but I guess not lol
Last edited by fishingmedic; 27th June 2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Freaking arrrghhh beat me to it...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread