Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,340 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Tip us?

Eric Z
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Just a question, was the other router that you tried one in your house as well? maybe you want to try another one elsewhere, or try a factory reset of your wireless router at home.
The Router is in another flat. It belongs to somebodyelse. I live at a dormitory where have about 100 rooms/flats. We share a LAN net.

I have followed your suggestion about reflash the Radio. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Besides, I messed up when I flashed the radio. The radio does flashed into WinMo as it should, but my WinMo was also like have been hard reset. And no I did not flash a Rom, no doubt about this. I just took a quick radio flash. So that means even my WinMo is hard reset, the Wifi problem is still there in Android. Can connect, but no connectivity to outside.

I will leave this problem from now. It was fun and pleasure to try FRX and GBX. Excellent works. But as Arrrghhh said, nand is future. At least for me. The only reason I keep my WinMo is I have TomTom on it, but from now I will like to try Android on NAND on my TP2.

However, Thank you for the suggestion. For me it does make sense as you say, that the problem shall be Rom/Radio related.

Caldair
Old
Thanks Meter 664
Eric Z, i am sorry that my suggestion caused you more problems. That is the last thing I intended. I wish you better luck with nand. (hey and if nothing else at least you will only have one OS to think about!)
Again, sorry I wasn't more help.

Eric Z
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldair View Post
Eric Z, i am sorry that my suggestion caused you more problems. That is the last thing I intended. I wish you better luck with nand. (hey and if nothing else at least you will only have one OS to think about!)
Again, sorry I wasn't more help.
No don't be sorry. It was my own fault And it doesn't matter that the WinMo took hard reset. The GBX build has no problem except that wifi.

Eric Z
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Dear Arrrghhh and Caldair:

Now it is highly likely that my wifi problem has nothing to do with the GBX0C Build or my TP2. I have done more tests about the network yesterday, and the problem is a little complecated. Looks like a combination of how my dorm's network is set up, and what router settings are.

So I think this case is off topic now can be closed. Just want you know and thanks for the time you spent on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric Z For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

moparfreak426
Old
R.I.P.
Thanks Meter 1197

DONATE TO ME
having a problem..... now when I either pick android dualboot, out try to run Haret it says biting linux, bills up there bar then freezes.... fix?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using xda app-developers app
Devices: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
ASUS Transformer Infinity
Retired Devices:
Sprint LG G2
Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII
Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch (I MISS THIS DEVICE!!!)
U.S. Cellular Motorola Electrify
U.S. Cellular HTC Touch Pro 2

Carrier: Verizon
ROM: S4 = CM11 nightlies
Transformer = switching between CM11 and AOKP

mazak23
Old
(Last edited by mazak23; 27th June 2012 at 12:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Battery Low Kernel update for Android on SD card.

Hi.
I am looking here and there and confused.
Is there any zImage and modules newer than 2.27 for Rhodium?
I mean for SD installation, as I found few 2.35 or 2.39 and it looks that they are for NAND only.

Last question as I am not sure, installing Android in NAND will remove Windows completly? If so is there any way to save it somehow, to put it back later to unit instead of stock one.

I am on GBX0C Rhod 100.
Regards
Mazak

Caldair
Old
Thanks Meter 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparfreak426 View Post
having a problem..... now when I either pick android dualboot, out try to run Haret it says biting linux, bills up there bar then freezes.... fix?

This sounds like what happens when you try to boot while WM is overclocked. Do you have overclocking set at startup in WM by any chance?

moparfreak426
Old
R.I.P.
Thanks Meter 1197

DONATE TO ME
nope. no miss to winmo except deleting programs and pics

Devices: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
ASUS Transformer Infinity
Retired Devices:
Sprint LG G2
Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII
Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch (I MISS THIS DEVICE!!!)
U.S. Cellular Motorola Electrify
U.S. Cellular HTC Touch Pro 2

Carrier: Verizon
ROM: S4 = CM11 nightlies
Transformer = switching between CM11 and AOKP

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So you had a fully functional Android build... and suddenly it's not working?

Nothing changed...?

I bet something changed. There have been a few things that break at random, like SD card detection seems to sometimes flake out - and formatting the card with the HP Tool (backup&restore data on card is fine) fixes it.

You can try that, but I doubt it'll fix your problem. Have you run HaRET.exe without a startup.txt? Does it even run? What does it show in the box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazak23 View Post
Hi.
I mean for SD installation, as I found few 2.35 or 2.39 and it looks that they are for NAND only.

Last question as I am not sure, installing Android in NAND will remove Windows completly? If so is there any way to save it somehow, to put it back later to unit instead of stock one.

I am on GBX0C Rhod 100.
Regards
Mazak
.35, .39, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 all run on HaRET / SD my friend. 3.3.x seems the best so far, 3.4 seems close.

If you install Android over WinMo then the only way back to WinMo would naturally be flashing back. You're basically flashing another ROM on, just think of it like that. All the normal backup procedures and wiping caveats apply as any ROM flash...

fishingmedic
Old
(Last edited by fishingmedic; 27th June 2012 at 03:26 PM.) Reason: Freaking arrrghhh beat me to it...
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazak23 View Post
Hi.

I am on GBX0C Rhod 100.
Regards
Mazak
Take a look here for the latest and greatest kernels. 3.4 are the latest cutting edge. http://autobuild.wirelesstcp.net/

Yes, flashing NAND will remove all Windows and no there is no way to save it other than reflashing the ROM you previously had. There are ways to mass load your previously loaded cab files, etc, but there is no way that I know of to just reload the winmo rom and all of your files again at once.

Quote:

Try reformatting the sd card with the HP tool. That happened to me quite some time ago and pulling off all data, reformatting and then putting all data back helped. Unless of course you made some changes that you didn't note and that is when the problem started. If it just started without having made changes try a reformat.

Edit: Arrrghhh beat me to it... I figured he'd still be sleeping at this hour but I guess not lol
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB Pebble Blue
Recovery: PhilZ
ROM: Wicked X v6.0
Modem: ND8
Kernel: KT747