5,600,335 Members 35,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

battery stuck at 30%

Tip us?
 
Donnie87
Old
(Last edited by Donnie87; 27th June 2012 at 04:12 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 138
Join Date: Sep 2009
Default battery stuck at 30%

Well this is crazy.

Last time I wrote that my phone didn’t charge to 100% but only to 99%. Dunno how, but now it does charge to 100%.
The problem is: it discharges too f***in quickly.
Don't tell me it's the battery... as it's GENUINE and NEW.
When I charge it, it discharges in around 5 hours, withouth doing anything (no calls, no stuff).
I'm now testing a MIUI rom, but all the other users doesn't have the same battery draining as me.

but now listen, that's the "funny" part.

It discharges in 5 hours as said.
when it arrives at 30%............... it stays at 30% for like some other 5 hours :eek:!!!

no kidding, it stuck at 30%.
I've noticed that sometimes it goes dotn to 29-28-27-25... and then it goes back to 30% where it stays for some hours.

nothing to do. after that "stuck period", when it starts to go down... well it discharges as usual (30% in less than 2 hours).

WTF??

don't tell me to calibrate the battery, coz I already did. I also wiped the battery stat.

but now I REALLY don't know what to do.
the phone is unusable. looks like the only solution is a mugen battery (which I HAVE but is waaaaay too big and heavy for my use)

I even changed the rom... I had a sense rom, but everyone told me "change it, the sense is a TRUE battery draining". now I have a MIUI but the situation is pretty much the same (not more than 10hours, doing pretty much NOTHING, like no phone calls, 1 hour of whatsapp, no FB sync, no dropbox sync, only gmail and email sync, no wifi, only 3g).

dahell??

I'm dying over this problem... please find a way to help me
OLD: HTC Desire (UK version) - Now testing : MIUI Stable 2.3.7c Data2ext - Kernel Version 2.6.35.13-ManU-2.1-GB-HAVS-AXI-128CFS - Ex ROM: RCMix S v2.1 D2EXT By Wmjan - Android 2.3.3 - HTC Sense: 2.1

NOW: HTC Desire V
 
c36get
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 18
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Munich
When did it start? When you changed the Battery?
Get Nexus one Battery Calibrator from the Market and check if the sign of current in "General" changes when the charger is plugged/unplugged.
 
Donnie87
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 138
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by c36get View Post
When did it start? When you changed the Battery?
Get Nexus one Battery Calibrator from the Market and check if the sign of current in "General" changes when the charger is plugged/unplugged.
I changed the battery around 2 weeks ago. I changed it cause I had a chinese battery that lasted nothing, so I got a genuine one...... that last the same time.

battery calibrator won't help me, as I did that a lot. of course it says that is unplugged.
OLD: HTC Desire (UK version) - Now testing : MIUI Stable 2.3.7c Data2ext - Kernel Version 2.6.35.13-ManU-2.1-GB-HAVS-AXI-128CFS - Ex ROM: RCMix S v2.1 D2EXT By Wmjan - Android 2.3.3 - HTC Sense: 2.1

NOW: HTC Desire V
 
langers2k
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jul 2010
Assuming this is a genuine battery and you have correctly calibrated it I would, check the battery with stock rom for a day or so. If the issue persists you either have a battery issue and it should be returned (as you state it's new) or a hardware issue with your phone and you need to speak to HTC if it's under warranty to get it repaired.

Unless you purchased the battery from HTC directly or a reputable shop, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a fake... A good indication of this would be price, as you can see here: http://www.htcaccessorystore.com/uk/...8&phone=196001 they are around 30 gbp new so anything significantly cheaper I honestly wouldn't trust - the desire seems very fussy about batteries from what I've gathered on the forums.
 
c36get
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 18
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Munich
Does it give you static current and voltage Levels? If yes it is a fake. If not it is geniue and your desire is faulty.
 
Donnie87
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 138
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by langers2k View Post
Assuming this is a genuine battery and you have correctly calibrated it I would, check the battery with stock rom for a day or so. If the issue persists you either have a battery issue and it should be returned (as you state it's new) or a hardware issue with your phone and you need to speak to HTC if it's under warranty to get it repaired.

Unless you purchased the battery from HTC directly or a reputable shop, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a fake... A good indication of this would be price, as you can see here: http://www.htcaccessorystore.com/uk/...8&phone=196001 they are around 30 gbp new so anything significantly cheaper I honestly wouldn't trust - the desire seems very fussy about batteries from what I've gathered on the forums.
I bought that from here
http://www.ebay.it/itm/HTC-BATTERY-B...43328892861876

Quote:
Originally Posted by c36get View Post
Does it give you static current and voltage Levels?
how do I check that?
OLD: HTC Desire (UK version) - Now testing : MIUI Stable 2.3.7c Data2ext - Kernel Version 2.6.35.13-ManU-2.1-GB-HAVS-AXI-128CFS - Ex ROM: RCMix S v2.1 D2EXT By Wmjan - Android 2.3.3 - HTC Sense: 2.1

NOW: HTC Desire V
 
langers2k
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jul 2010
That seems pretty cheap and to be honest, I wouldn't tend to trust many low cost ebay sellers for batteries.

To check the current and voltage levels you'll need to use the nexus one battery calibrator as suggested by c36get originally
 
Donnie87
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 138
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by c36get View Post
Does it give you static current and voltage Levels? If yes it is a fake. If not it is geniue and your desire is faulty.
can you please tell me exactly what to do?
I have also a fake battery to test... so maybe this can help
OLD: HTC Desire (UK version) - Now testing : MIUI Stable 2.3.7c Data2ext - Kernel Version 2.6.35.13-ManU-2.1-GB-HAVS-AXI-128CFS - Ex ROM: RCMix S v2.1 D2EXT By Wmjan - Android 2.3.3 - HTC Sense: 2.1

NOW: HTC Desire V
 
Donnie87
Old
(Last edited by Donnie87; 28th June 2012 at 12:06 PM.)
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 138
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by langers2k View Post
To check the current and voltage levels you'll need to use the nexus one battery calibrator as suggested by c36get originally
I'm testing now a FAKE CHINESE battery
it says

voltage leve 4094.47 (keep changing, now 4070.04)
durrent mA -5.695 (keep changing now -203.881)
temp 32.7
batt age 94% (As I used for around 2 months)
Full40 1452
min chg curr mA 80
Min Chg Volt mV 4099
empty curr 200.0
empty volt 3.416
capacity mah 1214
aged capa mah 1393

but this is a fake chinese battery

when i put on my genuine battery it says

voltage leve 4138.45 (static)
current mA 428.666 (static)
temp 24.8
batt age 100% (As it's new)
Full40 27306
min chg curr mA 80
Min Chg Volt mV 4099
empty curr 200.0
empty volt 3.416
capacity mah 104856 (yes I check it twice)
aged capa mah 1393
OLD: HTC Desire (UK version) - Now testing : MIUI Stable 2.3.7c Data2ext - Kernel Version 2.6.35.13-ManU-2.1-GB-HAVS-AXI-128CFS - Ex ROM: RCMix S v2.1 D2EXT By Wmjan - Android 2.3.3 - HTC Sense: 2.1

NOW: HTC Desire V
 
langers2k
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jul 2010
I'd be very worried about the voltage and current staying constant...

My genuine battery that is over two years old and came with the phone from new reports:

voltage leve 3879.49 (dropping)
current mA -116.245 (keep changing)
temp 29.1
percent 69%
batt age 94%
Full40 1452
min chg curr mA 20
Min Chg Volt mV 4099
empty curr 200.0
empty volt 3.201
capacity mah 940
aged capa mah 1393

Tags
battery, battery problem, calibration, charging, desire battery
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...