how to root with 2.3.4 and 45.3.6.MB855.Sprint.en.US

Search This thread

DiamondJay20

Jun 11, 2011
I just bought a photon, and I wanna root the thing, but bc its an old phone, I need to know the way to root compatible with my version. It OTA-ed 3 times after I bought it. Thank you

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Questions belong in the Q&A forum.

In the Photon 4G Android Development section, within the first four posts is a thread called !!!LOOK HERE FIRST!!! Motorola Photon Compendium a.k.a. all things MoPho 06/11/12 that is regularly updated. The Photon Compendium is the single largest source of information on the Photon anywhere. There you will find information to root, unlock, and return your Photon to it's original software as well as a list/links of almost every ROM released. I suggest you look there.

Last edited:
Reactions: mof9336

DiamondJay20

Jun 11, 2011
thank you. The one click method worked for me, thankfully. I've manually rooted phones before, but for because I could not find /data/tmp, I could not do Torpedo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Questions belong in the Q&A forum.

In the Photon 4G Android Development section, within the first four posts is a thread called !!!LOOK HERE FIRST!!! Motorola Photon Compendium a.k.a. all things MoPho 06/11/12 that is regularly updated. The Photon Compendium is the single largest source of information on the Photon anywhere. There you will find information to root, unlock, and return your Photon to it's original software as well as a list/links of almost every ROM released. I suggest you look there.
    Look up photon torpedo. That method works on every stock release thus far.

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app