Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 39,726 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HowTo] Compile your own Cyanogenmod 7

Tip us?

pdaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Anybody have an answer on this?

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk.

mblaster
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaddy View Post
What would I need to do to make this compatible with other tablets? Like the Toshiba Thrive? Is it possible?

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk.
You would have to modify the device vendor (eg here) and add the lunch combo. The vendor should at least contain the correct kernel, the partition table, build.prop information and handle the proprietary files correctly. Plus some other things.
Want to thank me and still need a Dropbox account? Use my invitation link to ad 500MB to both our accounts: http://db.tt/ZnDTKZp

Add me to your circles in Google+

Some old projects:
[recovery] CWM for Betelgeuse
Linux Fastboot for Folio100

In my pocket: Nexus 4 / Paranoid Android 3.1
In my bag: Huawei MediaPad / Paranoid Android 2.57

apollopayne
Old
Thanks Meter 54
[QUOTE=xitrumch;16570685]Hi mblaster, thanks a lot for the informative tutorial. However, I've encountered a problem at the last few steps where you instructed the MakeCM.sh to do perform this: "lunch cyanogen_betelgeuse-eng"

The process prompted that there's no product spec for 'cyanogen_betelgeuse', so the make for build/core/product_config.mk got error at line 203: No matches for product "cyanogen_betelgeuse".

Anyway, here is the full log:
Hi and thank you for your hard work! i seem to have the same problem with

No matches for product "cyanogen_betelgeuse".? I have run this about 10 times and same result tried on pc and me laptop and in virtual box with same results? Please could you help me? I don't know alot about linux but wanting to learn.
Nexus 7 2012
Rom: Stock
Kernel: Stock
Nexus 7 2013
Rom Stock
Kernel: Stock
Google Nexus 5
Rom: Parnoidandroid 4.4.4 Beta 3
Join DropBox and now get 500MB Extra Space!!!:- http://db.tt/XBKf4AM

mblaster
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 95
[QUOTE=apollopayne;21596148]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xitrumch View Post
Hi mblaster, thanks a lot for the informative tutorial. However, I've encountered a problem at the last few steps where you instructed the MakeCM.sh to do perform this: "lunch cyanogen_betelgeuse-eng"

The process prompted that there's no product spec for 'cyanogen_betelgeuse', so the make for build/core/product_config.mk got error at line 203: No matches for product "cyanogen_betelgeuse".

Anyway, here is the full log:
Hi and thank you for your hard work! i seem to have the same problem with

No matches for product "cyanogen_betelgeuse".? I have run this about 10 times and same result tried on pc and me laptop and in virtual box with same results? Please could you help me? I don't know alot about linux but wanting to learn.
Unfortunately this tutorial is not up to date. I have to check at some time what changes have to be made. It might work if you replace the betelgeuse with folio100 as the device name has been changed a while ago.

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using xda premium
Want to thank me and still need a Dropbox account? Use my invitation link to ad 500MB to both our accounts: http://db.tt/ZnDTKZp

Add me to your circles in Google+

Some old projects:
[recovery] CWM for Betelgeuse
Linux Fastboot for Folio100

In my pocket: Nexus 4 / Paranoid Android 3.1
In my bag: Huawei MediaPad / Paranoid Android 2.57

sader0
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hello Mblaster & all,

Pls can you share the information on how to build the final release 7.2.
Also in case you can upload latest build - this will be nice

Thanks
SgsII + Toshiba folio 100