No registration required
Thread Closed

Need to return Phone

OP pitmanr2003

29th June 2012, 10:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

428 posts
I was trying to update my modem to ff18 after i updated to cm9 alpha6. I was using odin after several failed times with cwm. during the process i lost connection to my pc for some reason that i beleive i have figured out now. It was soft bricked due to the failed odin. NO big deal i thought. been there done that, but not this time. My pc wouldnt recognize my phone. I tried a newer cable as well as another pc. with the new cable it would connect then lose connection randomly if the cable was moved slightly. I never could get it to run odin to fix it. I tried wiggling the cable some to get a good connection, but pretty much made it not connect at all anymore. lol. Pretty sure the usb jack is screwed up. Can they not makes these parts a little more durable? I had same issue with my evo after around a year and samsung didnt last even that long, or am i just hard on them.

Sorry to Ramble on, but very frustrating for what you pay for these devices.

My question is what should i do to get the best shot at getting a replacement? My thought was to leave it in odin mode till it kills battery and tell them it wont charge anymore due to bad usb jack and hope they dont try fresh battery. What do you all think?
29th June 2012, 10:14 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag in a box
Thanks Meter: 4,623

6,129 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wrong phone. This is the one with the keyboard.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
29th June 2012, 10:24 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

428 posts
ha sorry about that my bad
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread