Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 52,604 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google web suggestions don't work

Tip us?

a_k_gano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Google web suggestions don't work

Hi,

I got my galaxy note upgraded to ICS 4.0.3 recently.

I am facing a weird problem with my default internet browser when it comes to google website.

I access google website (www.google.com) and it automatically gets into the mobile site version as normal.

I type anything in the search like (yahoo) and it gets me the suggestions like ( Yahoo, Yahoo mail, Yahoo finance , etc.), beside every suggestion there is an arrow "used to write the web suggestion in the search area if needed" .. till this moment everything is normal.

But, when I try to press on the web suggestion to go directly to it, it does nothing. for example, when i press on (yahoo mail) the page doesn't act and still it stays in the original google site. I tried to use dolphin browser and it doesnt have the same problem.

I have resetted the default browser to its default, deleted the cache and the data... but it didn't help.

Please, let me know if anyone faced the problem and knows a fix.

Thanks alot,

Gano

a_k_gano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default help

Dears... is there anyone facing the same problem?

thanks in advance..

jeffs99
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_k_gano View Post
Hi,

I got my galaxy note upgraded to ICS 4.0.3 recently.

I am facing a weird problem with my default internet browser when it comes to google website.

I access google website (www.google.com) and it automatically gets into the mobile site version as normal.

I type anything in the search like (yahoo) and it gets me the suggestions like ( Yahoo, Yahoo mail, Yahoo finance , etc.), beside every suggestion there is an arrow "used to write the web suggestion in the search area if needed" .. till this moment everything is normal.

But, when I try to press on the web suggestion to go directly to it, it does nothing. for example, when i press on (yahoo mail) the page doesn't act and still it stays in the original google site. I tried to use dolphin browser and it doesnt have the same problem.

I have resetted the default browser to its default, deleted the cache and the data... but it didn't help.

Please, let me know if anyone faced the problem and knows a fix.

Thanks alot,

Gano
you can try setting your browsert to te desktop version. This being done by going to browser, then pressing menu button, then select teh 'desktop view' check box. See what happens when you do that.

_pigro_
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Assuming I've unerstood your issue correctly ...

you need to press on the arrow, NOT on the suggested text with which it is associated. Once you do that, the corresponding text gets automatically filled into the google search field and you can then hit the magnifying glass (or done on keyboard) to send the search query.

a_k_gano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks jeffs... I tried the desktop view but it didnt work...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

a_k_gano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks pigro... U understood me just right. Yes, what u r telling me is what i am doing now and it works. But i used to press on the suggested text and it loads... Now it doesnt after the ics. However it works normaly whn i use dolphin browser.

Does it happen to u the same way?

a_k_gano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Any suggestions?

a_k_gano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2