Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,930 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] NFC With the Screen Locked/Off for SPH-L710

Tip us?

mayhemer
Old
(Last edited by mayhemer; 30th August 2012 at 07:24 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176
Default [MOD] NFC With the Screen Locked/Off for SPH-L710

In the Samsung Galaxy S3 Stock ROM NFC does not work when screen is off or locked. With this mod NFC also works when screen is locked or off.

There are two versions. The first just enables NFC, when screen is on, but it also worked when it is locked. Also with a PIN or Password-Lock everything is fine. But it disables NFC when the SGS3 is in standby and the screen is off.
The second version let NFC active all the time, even when the SGS3 is in standby and the screen is off.
Nothing else is changed in the behaviour of the NFC.
There are also two zips to go back to stock NFC, one is odexed and one deodexed. Use them only with the right firmware version (for example VPALEN).

All ZIPs have to be flashed with CWM. You should wipe Dalvik cache after flashing.

This mod works for at least for the firmware SPH-L710_VPALEN. This mod does not work with LFB now. I will provide an updated Mod in the middle of August because I am at vacation now.

Please give me feedback, because I do not own this device and I cannot test the Mod on it! I just ported my MOD for the international S3 to the L710.

Disclaimer: As always, I hereby absolve myself of responsibility for any damage you cause to your phone by flashing this. There is inherent risk in modding your device, and by flashing anything in this thread you are taking that risk into your own hands. If something goes wrong, I will try and help. You should always make a Nandroid Backup before flashing.

To ROM Devs: You are more than welcome to use this in your ROMs! Just shoot me a little bit of credit in your release post!

Thank you: Geniusdog254 for the idea and the infos in your thread.

Here ist the link to the thread for the international S3 version:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1712024
If you like my work, please donate!
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to mayhemer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

teh roxxorz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,086

DONATE TO ME
That's great. Asking just for the sake of asking, but in the future, would there potentially be an undo zip?
この こえ かれて も きえない メロヂー

The difference between the strong and weak willed is that the weak traverse with wounds covered up and hide when attacked, while the strong stride on with open hands and tears. Wounds bared open, and will continue to go on, even when broken at their core

Nexus 5
Teh Kernel kill count: 3
</3

If you wanna chat, message me.
Xbox Live: teh roxxorz [Live is up]
PSN [PS3 | PS4]: tehroxxorz666 [Where you'll likely find me]

My dropbox is a little hungry again, if you'd like a dropbox, register via my link, and we'll both get an extra 500mb storage. Thank you in advance you beautiful person you.

mayhemer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176
Of cause I can create one. Just need a few minutes time

[tapatalk]Vom S3 mit Tapatalk[/tapatalk]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mayhemer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stu5797
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Thanks for this wonderful mod and using your time to bring it to our sprint versions! Are there any known side effects?
OnePlus One = Good

mayhemer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176
No side effects are known yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to mayhemer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stu5797
Old
Thanks Meter 193
okay great! Thanks for also making a backup for us. I just flashed the screen off version. Is there a noticable battery drain with this one? Again, thanks
OnePlus One = Good

mayhemer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176
Just added two zips to go back to stock NFC, one is odexed and one deodexed.

I also use the screenoff version on my international S3 and I do not notice a battery drain. I think there must be some battery drain but I think less than always having bluetooth enabled.

Have you already tested the Mod? Does it work for you?
The Following User Says Thank You to mayhemer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stu5797
Old
Thanks Meter 193
It does work! In nfc tasker i cant delete a tag. I can write a new tag perfectly That might be an nfc tasker problem and nithing to do with your mid though. I will enjoy this!

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

if I wanted to go back to stock... Which I probably never will and I am on the stock rom, rooted . Which file do I use? Odexed or deodexed?
OnePlus One = Good
The Following User Says Thank You to stu5797 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mayhemer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176
Short answer: as long as you are at VPALEN both should work. Correct me if I am wrong!

But the choice depends mostly on your actual ROM. If it is deodexed, you should also use the deodexed version, if it is odexed, you should use the odexed one.
The original Samsung ROM is always odexed.

If you are not at VPALEN I would prefer the deodexed one or better the one I will provide for the new firmware.

KING SKILLZ
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Works like a champ on my Sprint version! Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to KING SKILLZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]