[DEV][ICS] Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) [Upd.: 10/07/2012 - Milestone 6-r2]
Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)
For Samsung Galaxy Fit (GT-S5670)
First of all, I'm not a "real" developer. So please don't post things like "fix that!", "why is that not working?" etc., but search for possible solutions that would help me to make this ROM better. Be happy that there is someone who does this as a part of his hobby. This ROM is built from source. I don't have Samsung Galaxy Fit, so if someone wants to be a tester, PM me!
This is a ROM based on Android Ice Cream Sandwich, currently version 4.0.4. It has a lot of features, but you already know that. If you don't, use Google to get some more information. (This is not AOSP! It's similar to CyanogenMod, but it has more customization features.
I personally prefer AOKP over CM9)
What is NOT working:
1) Camera not working
2) H/W video decoding not working (need OMX libs)
# Don't enable honeycomb lock screen. You will not be able to unlock the phone.
# Don't add power saver toggle on power menu, it will cause you device to restart when long pressing power button!
When will it be available for download:
Download links are in the second post!
How to install this ROM?
1) Boot in CWM recovery
2) Wipe data / cache (Only if you flash over CM9 or any other ROM)
3) * Optional * Wipe dalvik cache / battery stats
4) Select the package from sdcard
5) Wait until the installation is finished
6) * Optional * Again wipe data / cache (Only if you flash over CM9 or any other ROM)
# You don't have to wipe data if you flash over my AOKP. Only wipe if you upgrade from CM9 / AOKP 4.0.3 / CM7 etc.
* TheWhisp - modified sources to build AOKP / fixed some bugs etc.
* ErwinP - fixed some parts of layout for LDPI
* GalaxyICS - currently using their file manager and kernel.
Please contact me if I forgot you.