Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

Jelly bean is making me have second thoughts about the gs3..

OP blackguy101

29th June 2012, 03:10 PM   |  #11  
ATL
Thanks Meter: 48

150 posts
More
Its already been ported to the one x so I don't think it will be a problem with us getting it,
Granted its the international one x but I have faith in our devs.
29th June 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Developer
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 3,573

4,087 posts
Donate to Me
More
If we don't have it by the time i get my phone, I will port it myself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to incubus26jc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #13  
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 120

684 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackguy101

So i just downloaded jelly bean onto my galaxy nexus and I have to admit it really changed my thoughts on it. Everything now on my Gnex is just so fluid and smooth and im LOVING the new features. With this new found love my my galaxy nexus I can honestly say that my interest in the gs3 has dimmed a bit. Im still going to get and enjoy my gs3 when it comes next week non the less but I guess the big gap between the gs3 and the gnexus has started to close up for me. Does anyone else feel this way? And for the people that do own both the gs3 AND the gnexus with jelly bean on it which one do you prefer more?

Don't let it question your SGSIII decision...

If the Gnex is "just so fluid and smooth" imagine how great the SGSIII will be if/when you put AOSP Jelly bean on it.

The thing about getting the top of the line is not just that you get the best phone today, but you also future-prof yourself (as much as one can, given the cell phone market). Perhaps performance differences between a 4.1 GNex and a 4.1 SGSIII will be negligible (maybe not, but maybe). But just think towards the next android version, and the next. You're going to want that 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 and 2GB of RAM eventually, even if it seems like overkill today.

Besides, the SGSIII has other benefits aside from just performance. It's also got a much better camera, will have (if not already) a much better accessory selection, expandable memory, etc. etc. etc.
29th June 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #14  
Quote:
Originally Posted by demarcmj

If the Gnex is "just so fluid and smooth" imagine how great the SGSIII will be if/when you put AOSP Jelly bean on it.

The thing about getting the top of the line is not just that you get the best phone today, but you also future-prof yourself (as much as one can, given the cell phone market). Perhaps performance differences between a 4.1 GNex and a 4.1 SGSIII will be negligible (maybe not, but maybe). But just think towards the next android version, and the next. You're going to want that 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 and 2GB of RAM eventually, even if it seems like overkill today.

Besides, the SGSIII has other benefits aside from just performance. It's also got a much better camera, will have (if not already) a much better accessory selection, expandable memory, etc. etc. etc.

personally by then ill have the next nexus lol....like alot of other users here I tend to switch phones every 4-6 months...so by then a Quad S4 will be out most likely and the GS III will be dated so to speak
29th June 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 1,031

4,151 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacisblack

I feel the exact same way. I sold my Verizon Gnex today but last night I couldn't help but flash one last ROM. Jelly Bean is amazing and I could not stop touching my Nexus. At the end of the day I'm glad I got my GSIII and look forward to getting this update. I'm actually considering getting a Nexus 7 to fill my stock Android needs. Here's to hoping the new PDK allows Samsung to release a 4.1 update in a timely manner.

I don't own a GNex but do have a Nexus S 4G and really like the Nexus line. The release of JB has made me second guess my SGS3 purchase ever so slightly because of the pure nature of the Gnex. Nonetheless, we will eventually get JB for the SGS3 and I think patience will pay off in the end because overall the SGS3 is a better phone IMHO.

Like you, I am considering a Nexus 7. I just need to sell my Samsung galaxy tab 7 plus first. Anyone interested?
29th June 2012, 08:32 PM   |  #16  
Live Free or Die
Thanks Meter: 7

102 posts
I'm with you on this.... I have both sitting on my desk at the moment (just bought the S3 for my wife). It sure is sweet, but honestly, I love my GN... and JB is just amazing.
29th June 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 158

1,423 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demarcmj

My thoughts exactly. I can't wait to get this update on my gs3

sent from my GALAXY SIII
29th June 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 1,031

4,151 posts
More
It's great to hear so many positive reviews of JB! Can't wait!
29th June 2012, 11:29 PM   |  #19  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 39

570 posts
More
Just pre-ordered the nexus 7 to hold me over until the sgs3 gets jelly bean!
29th June 2012, 11:51 PM   |  #20  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 367

3,713 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog...medium=twitter

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to jgalan14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread