Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,656 Members 52,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked? APX mode?

Tip us?
 
wardy01
Old
#41  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 239
Join Date: Dec 2010
yeh i tryed to play dumb and say what is apx and so forth ... he said he would help me but he has the chats recodred and cant give out the info...


geuss its enabled upon root...
 
nikorette
Old
#42  
nikorette's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 219
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sydney
Have you posted in the soff thread.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
HTC Desire HD - Ace
HTC One X - EndeavorU
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-9300T
 
wineds
Old
#43  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 198
Join Date: Jun 2009
Yes xmoo et all knows all about it...
 
wph
Old
#44  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 420
Join Date: May 2010
Couldn't it be that just like the EVO 3D you need to intentionally brick your device to gain S-Off because otherwise you can't get into eMMC mode (Evo) or APX mode (One X)?
 
KrisPerry
Old
#45  
KrisPerry's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 473
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wph View Post
Couldn't it be that just like the EVO 3D you need to intentionally brick your device to gain S-Off because otherwise you can't get into eMMC mode (Evo) or APX mode (One X)?
And how did you intentionally brick it

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
 
wph
Old
#46  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 420
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPerry View Post
And how did you intentionally brick it

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
I don't know how to do this, since you can't just pull the battery on the One X. The trick is that you somehow disrupt the hboot upgrading process, but how, that's beyond me. But my main point is, maybe there is no other way to enter APX mode than on a bricked device.
 
Thunder07
Old
#47  
Thunder07's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,909
Posts: 1,318
Join Date: Sep 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
How about removing the USB cable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wph View Post
I don't know how to do this, since you can't just pull the battery on the One X. The trick is that you somehow disrupt the hboot upgrading process, but how, that's beyond me. But my main point is, maybe there is no other way to enter APX mode than on a bricked device.


Sent from my HTC One X

Device: HTC One X

This is My Design.
[AIO]One X One Click | Thunder's Online Kernel Repacker | Zeus Kernel Lighter
OTA Creator V1.1 | ARHD 9.x (Base 2.17) & CD-Tool Battery Mods | Battery Mods Creator V1.1 |APK (Game) Modder v1.0 Beta

 

SkyDragonİ AIO Team Member




Click Thanks Or Hit That Donate Button.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thunder07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kb0n
Old
#48  
kb0n's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 150
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvandal View Post
He said that the phone started force closing after the drop and before the recovery. I am thinking it is a hardware issue now. It is still weird that the computer recognizes it as APX though. The battery was over 50% at time of recovery. Is the recommended level 30%?
So the recovery/reset finished successfully?

If not, this could be worth a try. Maybe let battery run out, such that it only has little to get into hboot. Run recovery and "hope" that battery runs out meanwhile. Anyone brave enough to try? ^^
HTC HD2 ...>>... HTC One X

GB + CM7 ..>>... JB + CM10 ... my phone is on speed
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
think about your signature size, before imposing it on other users
be smart, add to the value of a developers's forum


"Life. It's the s*** that happens while you wait for moments that never come."
 
KrisPerry
Old
#49  
KrisPerry's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 473
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0n View Post
So the recovery/reset finished successfully?

If not, this could be worth a try. Maybe let battery run out, such that it only has little to get into hboot. Run recovery and "hope" that battery runs out meanwhile. Anyone brave enough to try? ^^
Until we have a method to flash from apx mode then it might not be advisable. You could be bricked for a while

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
 
KrisPerry
Old
#50  
KrisPerry's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 473
Join Date: Oct 2010
Holding power button for 10 secs supposedly simulates battery pull

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes