Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ZOMG must check out gesture control

OP schlesh436

10th May 2012, 10:07 PM   |  #31  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,352

1,243 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike

Just tried the app again today after I updated it on the Market. I'm getting the same results though.
I didn't post after my last experiences with it. So here is the deal with the latest update, and before the update. All gestures are working for me. The only one I have issues with is the Status Bar. It does hide and show when I ask it to, but with bugs. Everytime it reappears I get the "Preparing external storage", I which I could live with if that was it. Big problem is my wallpaper goes away when the status bar does, just solid black. When the status bar comes back, the stock Asus wallpaper with the field and tree shows up. Hide status bar again, and wallpaper goes black. Bring status bar back and Asus wallpaper comes back.
Pretty strange I thought. Hope you can figure it out. I planned on buying the app to show my support if it worked good. If you can get this straight you get my money Again, thanks for the help. Hopefully you troubleshooting mine will help you make the app more stable for future users and then future purchasers of your app. I will definitely be recommending it to my friends as well.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

Wallpaper issue is known and it cannot be fixed in application. Image wallpaper is runing on the same process as status bar. If I kill status bar, image wallpaper also is killed. Live wallpaper don't have this problem so I suggest using Simple Image Wallpaper Free from market. Other solution would be using custom ROM with status bar toggle support, like AOKP. In this ROM you can bind status bar toggling to my app custom gesture as shortcut.

Summary: if you just want to hide status bar on ICS then custom Rom or Mod will be better.
11th May 2012, 10:15 PM   |  #32  
Flag outside of ATL, GA
Thanks Meter: 441

2,993 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidIdea

Wallpaper issue is known and it cannot be fixed in application. Image wallpaper is runing on the same process as status bar. If I kill status bar, image wallpaper also is killed. Live wallpaper don't have this problem so I suggest using Simple Image Wallpaper Free from market. Other solution would be using custom ROM with status bar toggle support, like AOKP. In this ROM you can bind status bar toggling to my app custom gesture as shortcut.

Summary: if you just want to hide status bar on ICS then custom Rom or Mod will be better.

Thank you!! Using Simple Image Wallpaper Free (which I already had installed but had never used) worked perfectly by setting it through the Live Wallpaper selector!! Now I can hide the Status Bar as I wanted using this workaround. I have rooted but not unlocked yet, still wishful thinking that someone will figure out a way with out going through Asus. I may go ahead an unlock though soon, as I purchased extended warranty through Best Buy so if anything breaks I don't have to go through Asus for repair anyway. Again, thanks for all your time and support. Even though I can do everything that I want with the free version, I will be buying the paid version now just to show my support!!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to stanglifemike For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2012, 01:22 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 17

60 posts
anyone able to still toggle the status bar on and off after the .28 update?

Please ignore... i did a sd card install of .28 during root busybox wasnt fully installed. all good now
Last edited by deevo2; 30th June 2012 at 01:42 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread