Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I accidentally rooted stock t-mobile mytouch 4g 2.3.4 (2.32.531.1)

OP raphael888

29th April 2012, 01:34 AM   |  #11  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,089

5,473 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpomponio

It should say s-off , not s-on... I have been telling people not to use HTC Dev to unlock your phone. I believe it makes flashing different roms a pain in the ass...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA

I am gonna move this outta dev section to the Q&A..

Also Dev method isn't that bad few extra steps to do things..
29th April 2012, 02:31 AM   |  #12  
Flag Laurens S.C.
Thanks Meter: 157

481 posts
More
That's nothing more than HTCDEV unlocked bootloader! When you flash a Rom, prepare to flash the boot.img seperate! You should really re-lock your bootloader and root properly. That big pink "UNLOCKED" has got HTCDEV unlocked all over it...I wouldn't do this people!....

Sent from my HTC GLACIER using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjbadd385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2012, 05:49 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thank you raphael888 for your post. This indeed works. Here is how I verified this is more than just the HTCDEV bootloader unlock.

First I just did the HTCDEV bootloader steps. Then installed Root Check from the market. Root checker verified the phone was still locked although the bootloader was unlocked. The system security status was S-On

I then continued your steps to the end. I then checked the phone with the Root Check. This time it said that I have root privileges. I also loaded Root Uninstall. I was able to give SU authority to system apps. The system security status is still S-On. However it appears I have SU access.

So your steps gives the Super User ability. You may not be able to flash the ROM. However if your goal is to be able to have greater control over your phone this is much better than the HTCDEV Bootloader Unlock.

Once again Thanks for your help!!
30th June 2012, 03:49 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 955

4,316 posts
More
This is EXACTLY HTCDev bootloader unlock, and you don't know what HTCDev bootloader unlock is. Or should I clarify: this is EXACTLY the rooting method that involves HTCDev bootloader unlock as one of its steps, referenced as "HTCDev unlock" just like other methods are referenced by the main step in multiple-step scheme ("gfree" or "root.sh"), which isn't a method of choice and isn't suggested to anyone but those who only want root on stock ROM, thus it didn't receive a sticky of its own.
Last edited by Jack_R1; 30th June 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread