[Q] Tried to flash new rom, red exclamation mark

30th June 2012, 11:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi. I flashed my one x to a touchwiz cm9 which worked great. Then I decided to try out cm9 and it wouldn't boot into cyanogenmod. So I tried to go into recovery but it comes up with the red exclamation point. Could I have some help please, I'm in way over my head :/
1st July 2012, 01:35 AM   |  #2  
Flag Carrickfergus
Thanks Meter: 6

202 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh89

Hi. I flashed my one x to a touchwiz cm9 which worked great. Then I decided to try out cm9 and it wouldn't boot into cyanogenmod. So I tried to go into recovery but it comes up with the red exclamation point. Could I have some help please, I'm in way over my head :/

I'm no expert, but I think that means you have somehow gotten rid of CWM..

Re-flash it again through fastboot. Use this version.

Edit: Also, before trying out any new ROMs (maybe this doesn't apply to those using the Aroma installer, but I do it anyway just to be safe), go into fastboot and do in cmd:

Code:
fastboot erase cache
Then go into CWM and factory reset, wipe cache partition and then advanced -> wipe dalvik cache.

Then you can go ahead and install the ROM.
Last edited by Northantrim; 1st July 2012 at 01:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Northantrim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2012, 01:36 AM   |  #3  
Kiel

36 posts
More
Try erase cache in fastboot. Do you use the stock kernel? Domination mod (cm9 based) has a problem with Franco kernel. There you need to flash faux or stock.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2
1st July 2012, 11:04 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northantrim

I'm no expert, but I think that means you have somehow gotten rid of CWM..

Re-flash it again through fastboot. Use this version.

Edit: Also, before trying out any new ROMs (maybe this doesn't apply to those using the Aroma installer, but I do it anyway just to be safe), go into fastboot and do in cmd:

Code:
fastboot erase cache
Then go into CWM and factory reset, wipe cache partition and then advanced -> wipe dalvik cache.

Then you can go ahead and install the ROM.

Oh thank you so much! That worked great. I had to flash the CWMR first and after I installed CM9 from zip, I flashed the boot.img from the CM9 zip and it booted straight in.

Thank you
1st July 2012, 11:20 AM   |  #5  
Flag Carrickfergus

202 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh89

Oh thank you so much! That worked great. I had to flash the CWMR first and after I installed CM9 from zip, I flashed the boot.img from the CM9 zip and it booted straight in.

Thank you

Glad it works
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread