Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tried to flash new rom, red exclamation mark

Tip us?

yosh89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Tried to flash new rom, red exclamation mark

Hi. I flashed my one x to a touchwiz cm9 which worked great. Then I decided to try out cm9 and it wouldn't boot into cyanogenmod. So I tried to go into recovery but it comes up with the red exclamation point. Could I have some help please, I'm in way over my head :/

Northantrim
Old
(Last edited by Northantrim; 1st July 2012 at 01:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh89 View Post
Hi. I flashed my one x to a touchwiz cm9 which worked great. Then I decided to try out cm9 and it wouldn't boot into cyanogenmod. So I tried to go into recovery but it comes up with the red exclamation point. Could I have some help please, I'm in way over my head :/
I'm no expert, but I think that means you have somehow gotten rid of CWM..

Re-flash it again through fastboot. Use this version.

Edit: Also, before trying out any new ROMs (maybe this doesn't apply to those using the Aroma installer, but I do it anyway just to be safe), go into fastboot and do in cmd:

Code:
fastboot erase cache
Then go into CWM and factory reset, wipe cache partition and then advanced -> wipe dalvik cache.

Then you can go ahead and install the ROM.
Happy HTC One X (rooted, LeeDrOiD/CoreDroid/Stock/CyanogenMod) and Motorola Xoom (rooted, Wingray) owner.
If I have helped you, feel free to take a second and hit the "Thanks" button
The Following User Says Thank You to Northantrim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

njensign
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Try erase cache in fastboot. Do you use the stock kernel? Domination mod (cm9 based) has a problem with Franco kernel. There you need to flash faux or stock.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

yosh89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northantrim View Post
I'm no expert, but I think that means you have somehow gotten rid of CWM..

Re-flash it again through fastboot. Use this version.

Edit: Also, before trying out any new ROMs (maybe this doesn't apply to those using the Aroma installer, but I do it anyway just to be safe), go into fastboot and do in cmd:

Code:
fastboot erase cache
Then go into CWM and factory reset, wipe cache partition and then advanced -> wipe dalvik cache.

Then you can go ahead and install the ROM.

Oh thank you so much! That worked great. I had to flash the CWMR first and after I installed CM9 from zip, I flashed the boot.img from the CM9 zip and it booted straight in.

Thank you

Northantrim
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh89 View Post
Oh thank you so much! That worked great. I had to flash the CWMR first and after I installed CM9 from zip, I flashed the boot.img from the CM9 zip and it booted straight in.

Thank you
Glad it works
Happy HTC One X (rooted, LeeDrOiD/CoreDroid/Stock/CyanogenMod) and Motorola Xoom (rooted, Wingray) owner.
If I have helped you, feel free to take a second and hit the "Thanks" button