5,598,171 Members 43,915 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WARNING]Bricking One V is very Easy..WORKING FIX BY GLOBATRON ADDED :D

Tip us?

noobwithgalaxyy
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Wow..
Not that I doubt any of the info given here, earlier I did try vol+ and pwr a few times and get into some kind of download mode, so I rebooted and nothing changed. So maybe it is something in addition to getting into that mode.
Samsung Galaxy Y >>> HTC One V running Paranoid Android[4.1.2] by 1ceb0x

Join Dropbox maybe?
The Following User Says Thank You to noobwithgalaxyy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trschober
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Can this maybe be used to get s-off? Download mode sounds like something that might be able to write to hboot

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

handryg555
Old
Thanks Meter 173

DONATE TO ME
hi shubham add it in your thread that holding power button and vol down button simultaneously for a while can hard brick your phone and you will get your phone replaced by htc.....
This happened to me twice.....

shubhamchamaria
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2201

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by handryg555 View Post
hi shubham add it in your thread that holding power button and vol down button simultaneously for a while can hard brick your phone and you will get your phone replaced by htc.....
This happened to me twice.....
No...volume down and power will lead u to bootloader

Sent from my HTC One V Running SuPrimo v4.1(28/6/12)
MY WORKS:

Nexus 4:
1.CM10.2 Nightlies

HTC Desire:
1.Runny ROM

HTC One V:
1.SuPrimo ROM
2.Blue Sense 4.1
3.MIUI.us for One V
4.HTC One V VirginMobile Root
5.De-Sense(REMOVE HTC SENSE) Tool

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK AND WOULD LIKE TO HELP ME PLEASE CONSIDER A DONATION OR VISIT MY WEBSITE(http://slandroid.com)

spiderio
Old
Thanks Meter 540
it's happen to me too
vol up is very dangerous

JalmiNyondong1933
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderio View Post
it's happen to me too
vol up is very dangerous
gw jg sama bro. untung bisa langsung diganti baru. sekarang gw pake fast reboot kalo lagi pake Vanilla ICS) dan advanced power button pas lagi pake SuPrimo. . emang gawat kombinasi yang satu itu.

Translate: it happened to me too. thanks God HTC got me a replacement phone. now I use fast reboot when I'm using Vanilla ICS ROM and advanced power button while using SuPrimo ROM to get into bootloader. this power + vol up combination is QUIETLY DEADLY.
"When they put 'Unknown' on the end of their quotes, they probably don't know how to spell 'Anonymous'" - Unknown

My Devices

Phone : LG Optimus 4X HD, HTC One, Moto G & iPhone 5C
Tablet : iPad Mini 2
Laptop : Macbook Pro Retina Display

handryg555
Old
Thanks Meter 173

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamchamaria View Post
No...volume down and power will lead u to bootloader

Sent from my HTC One V Running SuPrimo v4.1(28/6/12)
dude this happened to me two times when you will hold power and vol down at the same time for 10-20 seconds phone will be dead...i know that power and vol down makes phone go into BL but if you press both at the same time for a while that leads your phone to dead(In my case two times)....

britbloke
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by handryg555 View Post
dude this happened to me two times when you will hold power and vol down at the same time for 10-20 seconds phone will be dead...i know that power and vol down makes phone go into BL but if you press both at the same time for a while that leads your phone to dead(In my case two times)....
Yup, I can confirm. This is what happened to me. I didn't press Vol Up, just Down + Power and I think I held it for too long, then I got the dreaded UHUSB_DLOAD error.

It's at HTC right now, so hopefully get it back soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to britbloke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chug
Old
Thanks Meter 19
So you can press volume up + power at any time and it'll just brick your phone? Do you have to hold it? Seriously... I can't believe a phone gets released in this state. I will never buy another HTC phone again.

clxcoltz
Old
Thanks Meter 4
The *intended* function of Vol Up + Power is actually for accessing stock recovery after you choose it in bootloader :eek: Have no idea why it'll be linked to bricking.