Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Update T-Mobile 32b from official Donut to official Froyo

Tip us?

chefgon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Update T-Mobile 32b from official Donut to official Froyo

I'm sorry if this is a basic question, but I've been searching the forum for a couple of hours and I just can't seem to figure this out.

The software company I work for had been keeping a MyTouch 3G with Android 2.2 around because it's the minimum spec we target for our Android apps. That phone broke, so we ordered a new one from Amazon to replace it but it was running Android 1.6 when we got it.

Because this is a software testing target, I don't want it to be rooted or running a custom rom or anything like that. I just want it to be updated to the latest stock 2.2 rom from T-Mobile.

I downloaded a few update.zip files from a few different threads on the forum, but I can't figure out how to flash them. When I try to boot into recovery by holding Home and Power, it takes me to a static picture of a warning triangle next to an image of the phone. I can't seem to do anything from here to get to the menu where I can apply the update.zip.

Am I missing a step? Can anyone put me on the right track? Thanks for any help you can provide.

matzehtc
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Boot to recovery again by holding Home+Power. When you're at the screen you posted here (picture), stop pushing Home+Power and press them once again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matzehtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]